Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i dont normally post here but the op invited us from phiz to post our creative works in this thread, and it looks cool

in May i started a speculative audio-fiction/poetry series, or "podcast" (it doesn't really share the traits of a normal podcast, but I am mainly using podcast networks to distribute it)

it is about the next couple hundred years of human existence, focused on the area currently known as California (and other nearby areas), and told in a fragmentary and dreamlike way. in fact a lot of the imagery in it comes directly from my dreams

right now all of the music, voice work, sound design, and general audio production is done by me. mostly because I am broke. starting with episode 8 i will have some other people involved as well, voice actors at first but i also want to bring in more musical contributors and eventually, other writers

the show is non-linear in terms of the story, but it is linear in terms of how the episodes connect musically

if you like podcasts like Welcome to Night Vale or Alice Isn't Dead (i produce and do the music for both) you might like this, though it is much more abstract and much less character-driven than either of those

it is called In A Walled City

you can check it out here: https://open.spotify.com/show/18ZkP5CrZBaS0CZ74bkyYZ

or here: https://podcasts.apple.com/fr/podcast/in-a-walled-city/id1526192366

or any other normal podcast app

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Nov 9, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

Ok, let me start. I just published a micro fic in Pif Magazine, "Exactly 499 Words About Warblers." https://www.pifmagazine.com/2020/11/exactly-499-words-about-warblers/ It's exactly what the title says. I wanted to experiment writing something short, but which conveyed a full idea. I also wanted to try writing something literary, so I made it about birds and death. With literary fiction, that's basically cheating. I know my work is... Controversial, but if you haven't liked anything I've made so far there's a chance you will like this.

hey just wanted to say i really like a lot of the imagery in this

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Scientastic posted:

I decided to make something homemade for my family this year, so I'm giving my relatives a pair of hot sauces for Christmas...

this is extremely cool i wish i was related to you

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Poor Miserable Gurgi posted:

I've been painting birds this past year. A reason to actually use my tablet and do something for myself.

these are really beautiful especially the parrots!