Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Some amazingly creative people in the world (and in this thread). I'm not creative, but apparently I have a lot of patience and don't value my time. Just finished posting a compressed build log of making a little wooden boat.

If you are bored and want to see the entire build process, the thread is here - https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3944859

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Literally A Person posted:

loving serious, goon. This is amazing. The detail is awesome. Holy crap.

But what's it's name???

It's not a model of a real ship, it's a model of a 'type', but I named her "Serenity" because I'm a nerd and loved Firefly, plus it's funny to have a ship designed for war named Serenity.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

csammis posted:

It’s not as show-off rad as everything else in this thread but I think this is a physics wonder: I’ve been working on an acoustic levitation platform to make some desk toys for my friends and family.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2kmyCGFr7w

The levitated object spinning like that was a total accident but it’s been doing that for four weeks solid now and I love staring at it :unsmith:

Wait... acoustic? Does anything exist on this that I can read? That's awesome.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

deep dish peat moss posted:

This is really outta place amongst these HCH posts but I've been very exploratory with my creativity during the pandemic. Before the pandemic I was a writer, I started drawing things around november of last year and then the pandemic started 3 months later before I ever got much of it out there or a social media presence or whatever!

Not out of place at all, those are great! I would love to be able to just sit down and draw cool stuff like that. Thanks for sharing!

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Some pretty talented painters in games. I tried to get into figure painting for Napoleonic table-top games, but I just didn't have the patience to sit down and paint the same thing over and over again for hours and I ended up with blah, mostly ugly stuff. Some amazing figures in this group though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Songbearer posted:

Over the last few months I've been learning Blender and made a new years resolution to stick with my projects and not rush them, which is a big deal because usually I'll get bored or demoralised and then push them out prematurely. It's been a culture shock for me but the results are worth it - I've learned a lot and I'm making things I didn't think I'd be able to put together without a lot more effort. I don't have the luxury of furlough but if I did I'd probably be spending most of my waking time working on my projects.

My current ongoing one that I've been haunting YOSPOS's Blender thread with has been the Ghastly Martin, which is a steam powered undead hunter's car with a bunch of fun gadgets I'm in the process of animating. I made a rough animation a few days ago that shows off the roof, some of the flaps (ooer) and the engine.

That's awesome. I tried to self-learn some 3D modelling software many many years ago and bounced off of it hard. If I had time it might be interesting to see what the modern stuff like Blender is like, but for now I'll just enjoy cool stuff that others like you cook up!