Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Vegastar posted:

Okay fine I’ll do it.

We’re doing a challenge in one of the art hangout discords I’m in - take the oldest thing you’ve made and remake it from scratch to see how far you’ve come as an artist, and it was a ton of fun.

Very cool, I really like what you did there. Here is a similar thing in AI form:

Back in high school I was lucky enough to get my dream car for $400. It was a 1965 Volvo 122s (called an Amazon outside the US). I don't dream that big. Like a kid, I thrashed the car but I learned all kinds of things. I changed the engine twice, converted to fuel injection, custom installed a transmission from a different car, and even hacksawed the roof off, which led to its eventual rusty demise. But great times were had, and an emotional bond to a hunk of metal were formed.

1990:

Add another 19 years of experience and a lot more money, and a new version of the same car is in process:

Some painting was involved, so yeah it's art!

The project is sort of on hold, life has gotten in the way like it always does. But it will continue. For full goony detail see this thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3689131

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU