Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Everyone forgets the Founding Fathers were literally throwing poo poo at a wall and seeing what sticks. They had no idea we'd run with this poo poo as long as we have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
There have also been a pretty healthy number of imaginative interpretations of the text of the constitution to form the institutions we have today.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
Democracy was new and they didn't have a lot of stuff to go off of. That's why they made it changeable so we could adapt it and iron out the wrinkles. So far all we've done is adapt the founding fathers words and misinterpreted them to fit the required narrative.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

stealie72 posted:

Despite a political science degree 20 years ago, it took me until fairly recently to realize that the founding fathers were idiots who basically wrote "ida know...talk it out?" on parchment as a form of government.

The most generous interpretation of the system the founding fathers set up is that they included a mechanism to keep it updated.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

"Men, do you think this nation will stand to last it's first 50 years?"

Ben Franklin- "gently caress if I care, I'll be dead. I only got a little time left, and im gonna get real weird with it."

In my mental Canon, Ben is just Frank from Always Sunny with a powdered wig.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

bulletsponge13 posted:

"Men, do you think this nation will stand to last it's first 50 years?"

Ben Franklin- "gently caress if I care, I'll be dead. I only got a little time left, and im gonna get real weird with it."

In my mental Canon, Ben is just Frank from Always Sunny with a powdered wig.

Probably not that far off.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
They already did a liberty bell episode so they missed their opportunity

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

So here’s a thing that happened- Israel killed Al Qaeda’s number 2 in Tehran a few months ago, and both Iran and Al Qaeda aren’t saying poo poo about it.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1327429114744229888?s=20

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1327429606417248256?s=20

The Focus Group asked for it and the writers obliged, more Rudy all the time!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Rudie can’t fail!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Trump thought rudy was a documentary

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
You would think that Trump would be better at recognizing another con man torpedoing whatever he touches.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Trump doesn’t recognize his own children.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Woofer posted:

Trump doesn’t recognize his own children.

thats why he tries to gently caress all of them, in every way

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Game respects game

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

I got reminded of one of my favorite Genesis games Desert Strike and wish I had the skills to photoshop Trump onto General Kilbaba's face and then, I don't know, Sgt Chowdown for the Deputy

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Nick Soapdish posted:

I got reminded of one of my favorite Genesis games Desert Strike and wish I had the skills to photoshop Trump onto General Kilbaba's face and then, I don't know, Sgt Chowdown for the Deputy

That game owned

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
https://twitter.com/ASFleischman/status/1327318533328482304

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

:yarg:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Is the election over yet?

:negative:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Is the election over yet?

:negative:

Much like infrastructure weak, it never ends.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Serious question: What's the "endgame" of all these dumb lawsuits that go nowhere or are being thrown out of court?

Stall the vote certification until that weird scenario triggers where somehow Congress appoints electors and essentially picks the president?
Keep reinforcing the voter fraud angle so half the country screams louder than the calls for a concession are?
Just pollute the already-polarized atmosphere some more for no reason?

I understand that when this administration does anything, it's generally a grift for personal gain...but I cannot see what it is they hope to get out of it?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Makes some noise, get some press, keep those CHUD donations trickling in so you’re owned slightly less hard by foreign creditors.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Serious question: What's the "endgame" of all these dumb lawsuits that go nowhere or are being thrown out of court?

Stall the vote certification until that weird scenario triggers where somehow Congress appoints electors and essentially picks the president?
Keep reinforcing the voter fraud angle so half the country screams louder than the calls for a concession are?

I understand that when this administration does anything, it's generally a grift for personal gain...but I cannot see what it is they hope to get out of it?

Grift, and inject doubt into the democratic process in the hope of driving down future voter turnout, which makes it easier for them to get their desired outcome. If they're playing 10th dimensional chess and can actually stop states from certifying votes (doesn't look like the courts are willing to put up with this poo poo though), they can force a vote in the House to select the President.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
man I hope we get some footage of SS or whatever else just loving dragging his fat rear end out of the white house, throwing a temper tantrum and hopefully bawling his eyes out

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Hot Karl Marx posted:

man I hope we get some footage of SS or whatever else just loving dragging his fat rear end out of the white house, throwing a temper tantrum and hopefully bawling his eyes out

The SS was marching in support of him though.

E: oh you mean the other SS.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Trump still has his infamous fundraising emails going, this time to "fight the fraud" or whatever inane slogan they chose. In the fine print, it says that 60% of the donation goes to servicing debt from his presidential campaign. So that's at least one "good" reason to keep the lawsuits going.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Woofer posted:

The SS was marching in support of him though.

E: oh you mean the other SS.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

orange juche posted:

Grift, and inject doubt into the democratic process in the hope of driving down future voter turnout, which makes it easier for them to get their desired outcome. If they're playing 10th dimensional chess and can actually stop states from certifying votes (doesn't look like the courts are willing to put up with this poo poo though), they can force a vote in the House to select the President.

Also, jam up the transition process so Biden has less time to plan and prepare.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Torrannor posted:

Trump still has his infamous fundraising emails going, this time to "fight the fraud" or whatever inane slogan they chose. In the fine print, it says that 60% of the donation goes to servicing debt from his presidential campaign. So that's at least one "good" reason to keep the lawsuits going.

It doesn't have the debt disclaimer anymore because 100% of it now goes to a new superpac created so they can just ignore the old campaign debt and launder the money to themselves that way.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Neat, a DuckDuckGo tracking link. So much for them not tracking you like google does

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

RFC2324 posted:

Neat, a DuckDuckGo tracking link. So much for them not tracking you like google does

They are tracking me “privately” though. So much for staying off those leftist lists...

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Hot Karl Marx posted:

USSS :)

The Gardenator
May 4, 2007

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/arawnsley/status/1327993510977564672?s=19

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Hot Karl Marx posted:

:same:

Midjack posted:

I hope he does it, that the detail bounces his face off the Resolute Desk and drags his rear end off in cuffs at noon, and that the last image of him on the White House property we have to see is him getting stuffed into the back of a Suburban with blood streaming out of his nose before they pack him onto SAM 29000. And then they can fly that fucker straight to Sheremetyevo.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
https://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/1327792172968648704?s=19

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
https://twitter.com/awprokop/status/1328852094619688963?s=19

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Very alarming in principle but in the real world all this means is the state board of elections will certify the results instead.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Very alarming in principle but in the real world all this means is the state board of elections will certify the results instead.

Can you get her indicted for sedition though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Can you get her indicted for sedition though?

Me? Sorry, no.