Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
Perhaps polling only works in countries without deep suspicion of...poo poo, everything?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
An election with three confederate states more progressive than Ohio, birthplace of William Tecumseh Sherman and the largest per capita contributor of soldiers to the Grand Army of the Republic. Perhaps reanimated Sherman needs to clean up his own house before moving southward.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
"Maybe if we reach across the aisle more and maybe think of some more centrist policies to be represented by a different white septuagenarian"

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Proud Christian Mom posted:

https://twitter.com/JakeSherman/status/1324456569778675712?s=20

King of the Electoral Irrelevants has spoken. Dems should not run on a platform theyre absolutely already not running on if they want to keep laying eggs in the House and Senate

But Lucy has a signed document this time.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
My family and my TV thank you for watching this and reporting back, because I am pretty sure I would try to put a fist through the TV if I was watching live.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
Lincoln, a Republican, freed the slaves, dummy.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Read the tweets in this article for some well curated responses to the suggestion: https://fusion.inquirer.com/news/fox-news-republicans-philadelphia-haters-twitter-20201105.html

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

TCD posted:

My great great granddad rode with Sherman and spent some time in a hospital near Atlanta. He went on to start a post office after the war to serve his farming village.

Count me in for :sherman:

Im a filthy civilian but you all are my favorite people on the internet, and short of a John Brown gang tag, nothing would make me happier than :sherman:

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
Nevermind. I'm bad at math

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

lightpole posted:

Our government relies on unwritten norms and decorum among the politicians, and trust by the citizens among other things. Their breakdown is a self-reinforcing cycle and I think the structure is a lot more unstable now than it was 20 years ago.
This is a huge concern. So much of our gov is a punt that assumes honorable people behaving in the best interests of the country and at least one side has figured out how to weaponize that. They just didn't count on a reality TV star moron coming out of nowhere to win the presidency, bring in an administration of crony amateurs, and lay the whole thing bare.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
Sorry to interrupt the circular firing squad, but has the orange one gotten in front of a mic and waved around obituaries yet?

I just bet a friend that he would not actually pay for any recount and would instead just bluster while sending out hourly fundraising emails until he runs the clock out and can complain about how the deep state wouldn't allow a recount and I need to know how safe my bet is.

Edit: also, demilitarize the police is a great approach. Maybe you can even get some of those 1990s rush listeners who bitched about Jack booted thugs.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

mlmp08 posted:

https://twitter.com/drvox/status/1325938910103396354?s=21

It really cannot be understated just how cooked into a massive media org conservative talking points are.

This is some West Wing Obama poo poo. "If only we can talk it out with the American people, surely we can lay out a cogent, logical case."

If you're old enough to remember air america, you will also remember how bad dems/libs were at this.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

mlmp08 posted:

I think he’s saying the opposite. West Wing wankery was “best speech wins” where instead the writer above is arguing “mass fuckin’ media is stronk; abuse the hell out of it”
Drink or three in tonight but thats basically what I mean. Trying to counter propaganda with a winning debate club speech. Propaganda is going to win, so get on it.

And yeah, Air America, the quickly bankrupt AM radio chain that had all the star power of Al Franken.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Best Friends posted:

I'm confident he can turn being absolutely worshipped by 70mil + people into a profitable endeavor if he hasn't already
If anyone could gently caress this up, it would be him.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
Terminal brain poisoning from thinking that the Black Rifle Grunt Style Nine Line vets are the only people in the military?

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

ASAPI posted:

In theory, it was meant to counter the illiterate, unwashed masses from choosing a president like Trump.
the electoral college will be obsolete.
Pretty sure the EC is already obsolete because it had its chance to do its job for the first time in 226 years in 2016 yet didnt do it.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Grip it and rip it posted:

Um actually it's a product of the founding fathers and therefore perfect.
Despite a political science degree 20 years ago, it took me until fairly recently to realize that the founding fathers were idiots who basically wrote "ida know...talk it out?" on parchment as a form of government.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

maffew buildings posted:

looking forward to both voting for Biden and also being told I'm out of line if I voice any critique of Biden. good thing I got that practice in 2020
My county democratic party just had a real tempest in a teapot moment that included an attempt to censure one of the more progressive members because she posted "voting for trump is like eating a bowl of poo poo, voting for biden is like only eating half." So this will be real.