Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Fallom posted:

Didn’t see a lot of “my vote doesn’t matter because I live in a red state” dipshittery this year. I hope this election puts that sentiment to bed forever.

I'm in Texas, about 700k would have to help out for that one to flip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

I'm pretty sure most (or at least a vocal minority) of the people I served with were pretty left leaning.

Then again, I was "that guy" who would start those conversations. I liked seeing people trip over themselves.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Leavemywife posted:

Why the gently caress have the electoral college system if you can have faithless electors go against how people have voted?

In theory, it was meant to counter the illiterate, unwashed masses from choosing a president like Trump. The electors were supposed to be the "voice of reason". As time has passed, this function no longer happens, especially with some states passing laws that prohibit "faithless electors".

Once ALL states pass laws about their electors being bound to vote a certain way, the electoral college will be obsolete.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

stealie72 posted:

Pretty sure the EC is already obsolete because it had its chance to do its job for the first time in 226 years in 2016 yet didnt do it.

Woofer posted:

Theoretically to prevent people like Donald Trump from becoming president.

I never said it functioned as intended. I just happen to know the intent.

The ONE time the EC was supposed to step in, we got Trump.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

We often mention brainworms.

I never thought we would see it in real life though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Zamujasa posted:

has trump said anything like that? since i'm assuming we're counting biden and the worm(s) in rfk's head

Floating the concept of injecting light as a COVID cure isn't enough?