Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

orange juche posted:

What do you think C-SPAM is gonna say if Biden wins?

“The wrong rapist won nice figgies gonna kill myself I didn’t vote at all”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

Had a woman come in, late-middle aged, that did a slight goof on her pre-registration form (filled out the wrong side). Caught it, then she started crying behind her mask because her ex-husband told her that because of the divorce, she wouldn't be allowed to vote. Got her calmed quick when we checked her ID, she was in the system, guided her through the form, and issued her the ballot.

She was quite adamant that she ONLY wanted to vote for president. I don't think she was a Trump voter.

And the ex-husband is a fucker. She's going to stick in my head for a while.

Reddit is full of stories of parents and spouses stealing ballots. It’s nuts.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

CBJSprague24 posted:

I don't think I even have OANN on my cable (I do get Newsmax), but it's already been indicated he wants to buy it. I could totally see him going full Jeff Sessions on FOX, launching Big Orange Daddy Network featuring OANN (to keep the brand identity and justify the batshit programming they run), hosting his own show supplemented with shows staffed by cherry-picking his favorite/most loyal hosts to defect (Ingraham, Tucker, Hannity, maybe some of the tools on The Five like Gutfeld) and leaving FOX for dead after they've spent four years being his Pravda.

Of course, it'll probably also have its share of Apprentice reruns, too.

That sounds like it would take a lot or at least some effort

I’m thinking he’ll just have someone put his name on a podcast network with Dan Bongino

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I think/hope that Trump not having a clear enough lead on election night has derailed any plan to meaningfully contest the results. It’d be a different story if we saw a Trump blowout yesterday that got eroded by mail-in counts.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

RFC2324 posted:

This small Biden lead is what I kept seeing people predict as the worst case, because it allows Trump to scream that the election was stolen and that his second amendment followers need to do something about it. A blowout would have been best, and a Trump win would be bad long term, but short term a narrow Biden victory might be the worst

People predict lots of things. I saw a lot of people saying Trump would claim victory at the first sign of his lead and stop vote counting immediately. The first part kind of happened, but fizzled. Then he tried to claim that the additional vote counts were irregular, but that’s fizzling too because they’re not out of line with any demographic trends.

Trump could still try something, but we’re not getting the big Election Day drama that goons and right wingers were counting on.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

mlmp08 posted:

lol. Maybe some like... literally existed but statistically insignificant.

If there was a huge message problem that might’ve resonated with the every person Democrats sucked with, it was “we’ll put your kids back in school” about one hundred rungs above the gun confiscation fears of brand new gun owners.

“You’ll have a job and public school (aka childcare) again” probably meant a lot more to random middle of the road people than fear of the ATF.

I bought a gun to fight against Nazis in the civil war but ended up voting for Trump because Biden wants to take my gun!

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Midjack posted:

I think it’s that California likes its inexpensive jitney cabs and food delivery more.

This'd be a tough fight anywhere in America even without the companies putting their fingers on the scale. Especially now that people are so reliant on food delivery which, despite how little the drivers are getting paid, is still extremely expensive.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

lmao a couple of my friends went big for Jo and my response was always "Well at least they're taking a vote from Trump"

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Dems: We need to push for more minority representation among police officers

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Pine Cone Jones posted:

How about some optimism of hopefully they'll be better, because I'm tired of doomposting poo poo.

There seem to be a lot of goons who'd rather Trump win so Democrats don't have to work as hard in 2 years so optimism is all in the eye of the beholder!!!

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted:

Honestly a lasting fissure in the GOP might be the only thing that can save us

There's not enough Q-anon idiots in congress for a Trump separation to cause a fissure, and the electorate will just do as they're told.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Stranding a bunch of Trumpers in the middle of Philly sounds like a terrific idea

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

lmao that Trump paid for oppo research on Fox News

that seems like something that ought to piss off mr Murdoch

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Didn’t see a lot of “my vote doesn’t matter because I live in a red state” dipshittery this year. I hope this election puts that sentiment to bed forever.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The White House is now practically a symbol of leadership that’s afraid of its own people. Put a padlock on one of the 12 fence lines and post Biden up in a Sheraton until we build a new one.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

RNC chair is on TV lying about hearsay voter fraud again

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Internet Wizard posted:

Biden isn’t even officially president-elect yet and already we’ve got the Lib-brained “you’re not allowed to wish things were better” lecturing.

I'm gonna slap a Biden bumper sticker on this cross

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Zamujasa posted:

The other side has no problems simultaneously getting poo poo done and saying "gently caress em" to the opposition.

Every time people whine about how the Democrats had an excuse because they were the minority party I think about how much trouble Republicans have managed to cause from the same disadvantage

There'll be no downside to Democrats acting strong no matter how the Senate turns out next year

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

This is where the real bunker poo poo starts. Trump’s lawyers and advisors have abandoned him. Good luck with your Twitter account, bud.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

While I'm busy stomach cramp-making GBS threads out the aforementioned sub, something interesting's going on in dataworld. The Decision Desk called Pennsylvania very early. That's because they knew something that none of us did, and Dave Wasserman of Cook/NBC just found it too:

https://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/1324961426742661121?s=19

https://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/1324962709381722112?s=19

The vote that has come in so far from Philly and Pennsylvania has been heavily Biden. It's about to go hyper-heavily Biden.

So the Decision Desk got snarky.

https://twitter.com/DecisionDeskHQ/status/1324965296420118528?s=19

So Gritty came out of the crowd and dropped an elbow. Now, Gritty is about to remove their elbow pad, throw it into the crowd, and gesture wildly.

“Heavy D districts haven’t fully reported” is a secret that takes a quant to suss out?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

lmao Trump’s race ended with an event at a lawnmower shop next to a dildo store

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Can you spare the doomer poo poo for like, a day

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Dum Cumpster posted:

Ignoring it is what got us Trump

People are doing meaningful things to make local and congressional elections more progressive, meanwhile having Biden in power opens the door to meaningful improvements for people during a crisis even with an obstructionist senate.

There’s plenty to criticize Biden about. Coming in on the day he got elected to lecture people about why they shouldn’t be happy ain’t that.

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Nov 7, 2020

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

DurosKlav posted:

I dont have much of a hope for the 2 run offs in GA. I have a feeling a lot of people are going to be "mission acomplished" and stay home, while the Trumpers are going to be out in force for revenge.

I hope that’s not the case. The media is already focusing on the fight that will happen there, and it should receive the undivided attention of the DNC for support (for better or for worse). There’s a lot on the line there.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Dum Cumpster posted:

I saw people saying why they're not celebrating, not telling others they shouldn't be celebrating.

I feel the same way, can't be excited myself because I'm always let down by american politics. Still happy for others who are enjoying the day.

Maybe I missed the post you were talking about?

Treat it like jumping into a birthday party and telling the kid he’s one year closer to death

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Abongination posted:

The no joe tag switch is the funniest thing to happen on the forums in years

I didn’t think anything could top the drama from the Hillary toxxes but this did it in spades

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

drat that dog really is talented!

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted:

It's amazing how he should have had it in the bag because vast swaths of the electorate are just fine with his brand of fascism yet he couldn't help but trump it up. Hell, he probably could have even threatened mcconnell himself. Tell him if he doesn't pass another stimulus, anything, he'll visit Kentucky himself come reelection season and get the god drat republicans to vote for joseph loving stalin and they'd probably do it.

For all we know that's what he tried. In the first couple years of the presidency Trump was open about offering his base to whip up support for his chosen candidates. And when they kept losing the GOP probably started to realize that Trump couldn't do anything for them.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Whom amongst us

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Vance is already upstaging Trump with his wild-rear end statements and I can't see the big man taking that well

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Yeah another issue with Vance is that he's directly contradicting Trump's attempt to distance himself from Project 2025 so that's a pretty substantial issue on top of stealing attention Palin-style.

I'm not sure I see him getting dumped, though. He's obviously willing to do a complete 180 on his public statements with the right motivation.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

orange juche posted:

Big point against Kamala is that she's a pig.

Cops will always cop, you can't un-cop a cop.

This is neither a partisan issue nor a relevant one for the voting public. If anything it’s a positive

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I’m skeptical of the “money issue” since I doubt the response to Biden stroking out today and Kamala bowing out would be a full refund to donors.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Cugel the Clever posted:

Doubleposting because it seems the Trump campaign has kicked Hogan off the speaker schedule over this:
https://x.com/bidenswins/status/1814033177855263059?s=46

Wait’ll they hear what vice president said

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

AOC doesn't make a whole lot of arguments for Biden in that summary, mainly arguments against changing the ticket. Maybe what she's leaving unsaid despite the "I'm telling it like it is" schtick is that if Biden gets elected he's going to be 25th'd anyway. I do not think a candidate that is literally breaking down before our eyes is very electable, though, even if he commands the respect of the olds.

Also the "yass qween" comments in that summary are bizarre.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

Of all, ALL the reasons it could and should have happened, at all possible moments, it's this and now. One single debate, none of which american voters watch and only the politics brained care about. Obviously money talks. But why is the money always in the hands of the stupidest?

Bro was dissolving at every appearance he did. Money may have been pushing the position in the media but stop telling people to disbelieve their lying eyes.

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

Fuckers should have had their eyesight checked five years ago to see what we all have seen this entire time. I HATE.

Oh horseshit. His decline was relatively recent and rapid.

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Jul 21, 2024

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

Go to school and learn to read

I think you need to go roll in a field for a while if this is the kind of poo poo you’re resorting to.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

You've never actually spent much time around elderly people, especially those with actual, diagnosed dementia, have you.

I have, actually. Do you have a point?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

psydude posted:

Republicans did Democrats a massive favor in letting Trump pick Vance as a running mate. He's basically campaigning against himself.

I’m still not convinced Vance won’t fall back in line after he’s had his chance to stretch his legs. He didn’t have any issue recanting his “Trump will be America’s Hitler” statement once he realized the way the wind was blowing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Oh so it’ll be Linda Yaccarino