Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

This thread sucks. Not because of the contents (though all of our posts suck), but because the election sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

I’m officially in “is this poo poo over with yet” mood

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Is this stupid poo poo over with yet

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

I wonder if the streak will end:

https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/822504053057929218

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Can you just tell us who is going to win and spare us the ceremony?

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Duzzy Funlop posted:

In more thread-relevant posting: when do the results start "trickling in" roughly?

is this a prediction of a trump win?

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

stackofflapjacks posted:

If I want to doomscroll, CSpam or DnD?

Two monitors.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Why is this thread still open

What the gently caress

The only reason I dropped a bunch of edibles and went to sleep at 10 was to skip this poo poo

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

You could easily flip a few swing states by saying you’ll legalize weed federally. Florida would absolutely go blue for weed.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

This is dumb as gently caress.

If you want to know what “this” is that I’m talking about, think of something.

That.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Yesterday I was calm and relaxed but the anxiety set in today!

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

MazelTovCocktail posted:

So can anyone explain the 1956 spike? I assume it's from Eisenhower using Federal Troops to support USC orders regarding Desegregation and also possibly African American military veterans? I know it's of no importance, but I'm kind of interested. Jewish voting demographics are really interesting up until the mid 60s in terms of voting splits.

Brown v Board was right before 1956. My gut instinct says it’s probably a civil rights thing.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

facialimpediment posted:

One thing about all this that I need to remember going forward - polls are bad and Cole was right

yeah I said it

:patriot:

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Not a real account

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Is this stupid poo poo over yet

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

You’re asking a forum of mil folks why people are wearing pt belts?

Dude we’ve been trying to figure that out for years.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

These fucks will never be happy. As soon as you stop counting votes they’d say you were fraudulent because you didn’t count votes now we gotta throw the whole election out.

gently caress em.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Defenestrategy posted:

AOC is hella refreshing for an elected official.

Yeah, her Twitter game sure is strong.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Discussion Quorum posted:

If I was that Fox News decision desk guy, I would already be taking actions to ensure my personal safety. "Trump personally calling me out as an enemy of the people" is deep into bugout bag territory :stare:

They don’t get to avoid the leopard eating their face. They all deserve to burn.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Is this stupid loving dumbass piece of poo poo over yet

Jfc

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Georgia's blue, Pennsylvania should be following suit in a couple hours. It's essentially garbage time.

Man what’s sucks, and I’m sure a lot of people feel the same, is that even when it’s over, Trump’s stupid rear end will not let it be over.

November to January is going to suck. And probably even beyond January.

Just loving stroke out already.

gently caress why am I so mad about this today?

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

you’re probably more likely to have a qanon Republican than a black Republican.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Who gives a poo poo if he actually concedes though?

Will the toothless dems blame decorum and just wait around for him to concede before Biden can take office?

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

facialimpediment posted:

The next few years will probably be bad. But they will be absolutely, positively, dramatically less bad than they could've been.

And Biden's job #1/2/3 will be to pull us out of the pandemic, versus an administration that tries to pretend that it doesn't exist.

The second Biden tries to enact any measures, it’s going to be called fascism, a dictatorship, and blah blah blah.

We aren’t going to control the pandemic until we get a vaccine.

And then we have to deal with the anti-vax problem.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

I went to see Lincoln at the theater and just couldn’t keep my eyes open.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Trump is going to sue America.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

bulletsponge13 posted:

Are you being willfully dense, or just provoking?

Because I'm still voting for evil, you dipshit. Because it isn't affecting change. It's stopping the bleeding, not fixing poo poo. It's endorsing the current system, and rewarding a group of loving assholes who don't give a gently caress about the average person.

Do you really not get why I wouldn't want an old man suffering through dementia with sexual assault allegations in office? Just because he isn't orange doesn't mean he's good. It just means he's less bad. And voting for evil will always beget more evil.

Is this your first election or something?

You may not know if he is dense or provoking, but calling someone a dipshit is definitely provoking.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

When people say they wouldn’t vote for Biden, all I hear is either 1) Trump let’s me be hateful or 2) things aren’t that bad for me

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

At the very least, the collective mental health of this country just went up a bit.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

facialimpediment posted:

Someone caught that his legal defense/recount fund has a disclaimer that up to 50% of the donation could be used to retire campaign debt. And since he already is making noises about running in 2024 (probably won't), he probably wants the money for lawyers and poo poo.

“50% of each contribution, up to a maximum of $2,800 ($5,000), to be designated toward DJTFP’s 2020 general election account for general election debt retirement until such debt is retired. 50% of each contribution, up to a maximum of $2,800 ($5,000), to be designated toward DJTFP’s Recount Account. Any amount that exceeds the applicable contribution limit for 2020 general election debt retirement, including any amounts donated to DJTFP after such debt has been retired, will be designated in full toward DJFTP’s Recount Account, up to a maximum of $2,800 ($5,000).”

Not only is it allocated to campaign debt, it’s the first allocation listed.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

gently caress reaching across the aisle.

No.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

This is the content I crave.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

wins32767 posted:

we're going to have to accept some of them back into the fold if we want to fix things.

No.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

I’ll take a shermtag

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

wins32767 posted:

Yep, viewing all humans as inherently equal and having value, even if they've done bad things, sure is nonsense. People who do bad things are unredeemable and should be punished harshly. What was I thinking?

I’m not going to reach across the aisle and try to work with Nazis. These are the same people who try to legislate people out of existence every chance they get, and would gladly commit genocide if given the green light.

gently caress em. They’re human garbage. Just because the cancer is huge doesn’t mean we should sit down and have a cup of coffee with it. It’s loving cancer.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

wins32767 posted:

It's not 48% of the country. It's not even 100% of the Republican voters. gently caress convincing Tom Cotton, gently caress persuading Donald Trump. But my former neighbor who votes Republican because he's a pro-life christian and wouldn't genocide anyone, let's talk to him and get some distance between him and the actual Nazis.

Fool me once, dude. They’re Nazis forever to me.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

facialimpediment posted:

Nate Silver is broken too.

https://twitter.com/oliverdarcy/status/1324915771483492355?s=19

What's REALLY weird about this is that everyone knows it's over. Analysts know it's over. People watching the analysts know it's over. But if you're not Online enough to read the analysts, you think it's still a nailbiter in progress. It's fuckin weird.

It’s someone at the network’s bonus skyrocketing.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

gently caress Donald Trump.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

gently caress Donald Trump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

I would’ve waited until the votes were tallied and made them both 290/248 or whatever the final electoral numbers end up being.