Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

orange juche posted:

System is hosed, but it can't be changed so why bother, I guess?

The system obviously needs to be reformed, but term limits are not a good solution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Yeah it's def the opposite

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

orange juche posted:

Both Rushes are casualties of 2020.

Neil Peart died in January of glioblastoma :smith:

Rush Limbaugh has terminal lung cancer :yayclod:

Cancer is a land of contrasts.

No cancer pretty much loving sucks.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Exit scamming his supporters, and they'll love him for it. Whole lot of savvy folks voting R

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Acebuckeye13 posted:

The Electoral College was obsolete before the ink was even dry. The original intent was that educated men could be selected by the state governments to meet and decide who would be the best President, with the second-highest vote getter becoming Vice-President, and this system immediately broke down the second people realized "what if we just select the dude who says he'll vote for the guy we actually want." In the aftermath of the first contested election, 1796, Adams (President) and Jefferson (Vice-President) couldn't stand each other, the election of 1800 featured both parties trying to game the system and accidentally throwing the election to the House. The 12th Amendment was literally written in response to how much of a shitshow those elections were, and even then the EC has featured multiple failures in the centuries since. It's a lovely system, one of the worst ideas that made it into the constitution, and any attempt to justify it is utterly laughable. God I hope it gets scrapped within our lifetimes.

Um actually it's a product of the founding fathers and therefore perfect.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
There have also been a pretty healthy number of imaginative interpretations of the text of the constitution to form the institutions we have today.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Proud Christian Mom posted:

It's great that the mealy mouthed center can't even pretend that we're going to wind anything back, it's just one guy will usher in the terror slower and solemnly

Do you want people to lie to you? Would you even believe it if they claimed something different?

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Whatever I wasn't ever gonna vote for joe because he's a great debater. I do want to hear about whoever on his campaign set this up getting fired though. What a loving disaster.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Yeah uh, individuals don't save democracies. The people of the democracy do. The fault for this stuff lies squarely with Americans generally, not with our aging and enfeebled political class (though they do suck too.) Expecting people to give up power is naive at best.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Do any politicians help their replacements up? I think that went away around the same time as Tammany Hall. The fact is there have been lots of primaries with younger candidates, and voters have gone with the name brand they recognize.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Yeah that's definitely the kind of position where you want to start forming a potential backup plan immediately.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
If he's going to be replaced they need to announce it yesterday, regardless of who they are going to fill his seat. This whole thing is a loving disaster.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
I dunno I feel like if they don't have polling done for this topic yet they might have to do something like this. The whole situation is hosed.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Apathetic Medic posted:

This is the entire premise behind replacing Biden with a more viable candidate, seeing as most of the criticism is about him more than likely failing to pull this one through. It's practically down to fear mongering at this point since he barely accomplished 28% of his promises from the 2020 campaign.

Who is the more viable candidate?

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Apathetic Medic posted:

I'm not a representative of the DNC, how exactly am I supposed to speak to that. I'm just agreeing with vince about the writing being on the wall with this one.

Yeah lots of Americans say they want Congress to change but they all love their own representative. I want Biden to stay in. You want him replaced, but can't say by whom. Which of us has a more serious proposal for how to deal with the current political climate?

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Holy poo poo

Grip it and rip it fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Jul 13, 2024

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Mustang posted:

Looks like we get 6 months to come to terms with the fact that Trump will be our President yet again.

People keep saying this but I don't get the resignation. If anything this means that everyone needs to get out and encourage their friends and family to vote. Otherwise things are going to get incredibly hosed

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Mustang posted:

Trump can say he literally bled for his supporters and anyone even remotely sympathetic to him is going to be motivated to turn out, can't ask for better red meat for his base. Not to mention already wanting to give them everything they want.

There is not a single human being on this earth excited to vote for Biden.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aek_t8GT6bg

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Sounds like Trump was hit by glass, not bullets. Did the power fist after getting nicked lol

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Everyone in the Navy is loving disgusting and the less contact I have with them, or their fluids, the better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Proud Christian Mom posted:

instead of wishcasting some previously unseen competence onto biden and convincing yourself that he secretly spent the last month masterminding the a smooth transition to Harris please give credit to the people actually smart enough to see the oncoming trainwreck and revolt against it

No