Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

God, I really hope PA is smarter than the people I've talked to today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

The one thing I have to hang on to is that someone said to me, "There is no way that Joe Biden has more pull than Hillary Clinton" which indicates that my boy doesn't get the point that his opponents believe his representor to be Hitler with Training Wheels.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

facialimpediment posted:

So a status report since I can't quite sleep:

NV is a squeaker with Biden winning, but only has late mail-in vote left. Same deal for Arizona (AP also called it), but that's looking better.

GA is another nail biter, we're waiting on Atlanta's mail vote. Donnie's ahead, but NYT thinks it could be a Biden squeaker.

WI just flipped to Biden by very little, all that's apparently left is Green Bay absentees which are expected to be Biden-ish.

MI's posting absentees now and they're huge for Biden. He probably gets Michigan, but too early to tell, maybe Wednesday afternoon.

PA is way too early to figure out anything, it'll take all week.

Biden will get over 50% of the popular vote, most likely. I'm optimistic, but my stomach sure isn't :v:

I appreciate this. I just woke up about a half hour ago and trying to find a good summary is like wading through mud.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

nwin posted:

Why is PA so hosed up? Not enough people to count mail in votes?

Minor Republican edges in the House and Senate, but not enough to override a veto from the Democratic Governor, so they spend their time sniping at each other over procedural rules.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

bird food bathtub posted:

God dammit we needed an electoral blowout to completely destroy Republicans and this isn't it. A photo finish at the end with a Republican Senate is barely even a bandaid on the sucking chest wound that's still bleeding out.

Buddy, if you thought that any reasonable result from this election was going to result in the demolition of the Republican party, you are living in a dangerous dream world.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Monty, get a hold of your man.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Defenestrategy posted:

Not entirely sure what there is to be smug about even if Biden wins. A squeaker in this election says, "Hey we're FINE with the fash, just stop being so loud about it." The democrats will learn nothing because they obtained the presidency and we'll end up we'll end up with a string of 1 term Bluedog-Dem/Repub/Bluedog-Dem presidents and no shifting in congress until the fash get real froggy or Global warming does the needful.

I've got thoughts that I'm not muttering out loud until the result is done and survives a court challenge.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

As Nero Danced posted:

Honestly I've been wondering lately how much of Obama's turn out in the 08 primary was just anti-Hillary sentiment. Sure there was his messaging which was optimistic and inclusive and for some the novelty of being able to vote for a black man for president but I think a good chunk of it was really just people hating Hillary Clinton.

This is a stupid post.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Fister Roboto posted:

Kinda hard to test that when there aren't any social democrats to vote for.

Don't tell them that, they won't believe it.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

GoGoGadget posted:

Not to try and back seat mod

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

ded posted:

trump suing to make them stop counting votes is really something else

1) I think its been telegraphed for a week that he was going to do that.

2) I'm guessing he's using taxpayer money to do it.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Echoing from earlier: Fetterman doesn't suck and I was definitely happy when he was elected Lt. Governor.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Orlando Furioso posted:

I'm in the UK and the BBC live stream is currently struggling to unpick that 30 minutes of bullshit in a dignified way

I did enjoy the reporter who shouted "are you being a sore loser?" as he dashed from the podium :v:

Per Twitter, it was CNN's Jim Acosta.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

I feel like I need a fireplace and a cup of cocoa.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Good Morning! This thing getting called by everyone else today?

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Excuse my all caps here, I've been saving them.

THANK gently caress

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Curious how many rounds he's rage quit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

In news that will shock absolutely noone in this thread:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...89f8_story.html

quote:

President Trumpís political operation has raised more than $150 million since Election Day, using a blizzard of misleading appeals about the election to shatter fundraising records set during the campaign, according to people with knowledge of the contributions.

The influx of political donations is one reason Trump and some allies are inclined to continue a legal onslaught and public affairs blitz focused on baseless claims of election fraud, even as their attempts have repeatedly failed in court and as key states continue to certify wins for President-elect Joe Biden.

Much of the money raised since the election is likely to go into an account for the president to use on political activities after he leaves office, while some of the contributions will go toward whatís left of the legal fight.