Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Hanen gave the higher courts an easy out, but ruled completely regardless. He said that he would not enjoin votes already cast as they were lawful votes made with valid ID. He would probably turn off curbside voting tomorrow (which ironically would impact more republicans as they're going to be the larger party tomorrow), but did not rule on that because of standing. He might not turn off curbside voting because of timeliness.

He's teed it up so the Fifth Circuit and SCOTUS can either go "no standing" and punt on the case entirely or "standing, votes already cast count, no curbside voting tomorrow."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Platystemon posted:

Folks, Iím starting to think that ďwe canít indict a sitting presidentĒ was bad policy.

If the people in charge actually gave a poo poo about governing rather than just getting their way, he would have been impeached in 2017 for emoluments violations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

In more thread-relevant posting: when do the results start "trickling in" roughly?

7PM EST is when youíll start to see results as polls close.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I hate this state.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

bird food bathtub posted:

God dammit we needed an electoral blowout to completely destroy Republicans and this isn't it. A photo finish at the end with a Republican Senate is barely even a bandaid on the sucking chest wound that's still bleeding out.

That was never going to happen with a Biden/Harris ticket. There was zero motivation to go vote for them. 30% of registered democrats in my county in florida stayed home last yesterday.

the most shocking thing to me about the election was that trump gained around 3m votes nationwide.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Soylent Pudding posted:

The only saving grace of a sucdem like Biden is that they'll at least take the deadly loving pandemic seriously. In the election news blitzkrieg it seems to have kinda dropped off the radar that covid is worse now than when it "peaked" in early summer.

E: Florida passing minimum wage while breaking hard for Trump reminds me of something a historian said about the new deal. It was basically than Americans generally like leftist policies when presented the technical details but hate voting for anything branded leftist.

The fox news exit polls showed massive support for bernieís entire platform.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
https://twitter.com/AndrewKirell/status/1324114422160334848

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Pine Cone Jones posted:

Under 3.7k votes until Georgia flips

25k votes left to count. The race gets called tonight.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I don't see how Trump wins this.

He doesn't. The race will be called tonight.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

facialimpediment posted:

I'm not actually convinced it's done tonight, but there's no way the Pennsylvania call goes past Friday.

His speech was insanely corrosive and we will likely pay for it for some time, but it was inevitable and most of his followers believe it already anyways.

GA should finish counting tonight.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

facialimpediment posted:

I'm honestly just happy that Pennsylvania is trending the way it is because I'm really not liking Arizona. The funniest thing in all this is that the Trump Campaign really, really has a good argument that Arizona was called way, way too loving quick.

Nah. It's just some rural counties reporting that skew heavy republican. The populous areas aren't done yet, either. The navajo nation just went 73% for Biden, for example.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

ded posted:

wait. republicans are freedom oriented and dems are authoritarian?

lmbo

yeah, dems are the actual racists and nazis - didn't you know?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Woofer posted:

Man whatís sucks, and Iím sure a lot of people feel the same, is that even when itís over, Trumpís stupid rear end will not let it be over.

November to January is going to suck. And probably even beyond January.

Just loving stroke out already.

gently caress why am I so mad about this today?

It's alright to be frustrated. Here is the good news: everyone is turning on his bullshit. MSNBC, for example, literally cut the president's presser yesterday as soon as he said "illegal votes" because it's bullshit.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Biden in lead in PA. Decision Desk HQ has called the race and declared Biden the winner. I hope the AP follows suit soon and puts this all to bed.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I'M CURRENTLY RUNNING HOG WILD

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
https://twitter.com/rynprry/status/1324713715892191232

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
https://twitter.com/celebrityhottub/status/1324714713406689281?s=21

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Racism definitely factors into it. American forces on the European western front in WW2 were downright gentlemanly compared to the barbarity of their counterparts in the Pacific and their successors in Vietnam.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Sooooo, when is AP calling it?

Rush Limbaugh called it. It's over.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Today is like the best day in a long long time. Everything is coming up milhouse.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Hey, fuckheads, biden loving won today. Stop, take a moment, and celebrate. This is not a time for fighting. Trump loving lost. He will be gone. Yes, work must be done to fix how hosed up everything is, and there may not be a way to really get it done. Biden is going to be far less than perfect, but Trump loving lost today and will no longer be president in three months. Soak it in and enjoy something for a few hours.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Trump lost motherfucking Georgia.

GEORGIA

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I donít have any booze so this is how Iím celebrating. I suggest you do the same and love your fellow man.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

CommieGIR posted:

I'm super excited. But now I have to prep for a Jan runoff to get two GA senators into the Senate to gently caress McConnell. So I have to go get MORE people to participate in a system they don't like.

I'm with you, and I hope we can swing a miracle in Georgia.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Fister Roboto posted:

Well hey, now that Trump is out, it means that we can all make valid criticisms of Biden without comparing him to Trump, right?

Right?

I think it is perfectly fine to criticize the president-elect. We have to hold him to account.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

facialimpediment posted:

They're likely freaked because of their dumb Arizona call.

Their internal models said "oh, Biden's up 8 with only mail-ins left, CALL IT" except they missed that Arizona mail-ins have been a thing in the state for Republicans forever. Donnie's bullshit didn't stop Republicans from mailing ballots, they just arrived later than Democrats' and weren't counted in the first batches.

Then, the late-earlies came back, AP/Fox didn't want to rescind the call because they thought their models were still fine (and didn't want to back down to Donnie), so now they're stuck. They don't trust the obvious (NV and PA are donezo) and GA is in automatic recountland, so they don't want to be first and potentially have to pull back a president-elect call.

Also I had my favorite sub for lunch. SUBS (slightly) BEFORE DUBS

They were right about AZ and AZ is over. There are move votes outstanding in maricopa county (which is going to biden overall) than there are in the entire rest of the state. He can't overcome the deficit. AZ doesn't matter because PA is done, but still.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Pine Cone Jones posted:

How many more votes are left in PA and Georgia?

Basically none in georgia.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

It all makes sense now.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

DurosKlav posted:

CNN just called it all for Biden.

Mr. Nice! posted:

I donít have any booze so this is how Iím celebrating. I suggest you do the same and love your fellow man.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
all the nojoe tags are now just joe tags.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Is it possible Biden beats Trump by the exact margin Hillary lost by

More. And he will.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
there's also a qcs thread about it.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1325180728003371008

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Itís been 15 hours since our beloved president last tweeted.
:ohdear:

he's now tweeted a quote from some fox news anchor or something. It was definitely a staff tweet.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Pine Cone Jones posted:

Wasn't that the fleas rather than the rats?

Correct, and that plague would have been sorted out with some basic antibiotics. Instead, the black plague rawdogged Europe until about the only people left had a genetic resistance/immunity to the bacteria.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Torrannor posted:

Trump still has his infamous fundraising emails going, this time to "fight the fraud" or whatever inane slogan they chose. In the fine print, it says that 60% of the donation goes to servicing debt from his presidential campaign. So that's at least one "good" reason to keep the lawsuits going.

It doesn't have the debt disclaimer anymore because 100% of it now goes to a new superpac created so they can just ignore the old campaign debt and launder the money to themselves that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

I looked it up and it's the Senate Majority Policy Committee. It's gonna be 16 or so republican state senators, rudy, and his gang of miscreants yelling about fraud instead of working towards the losing appeal in the third circuit.