Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q12KwXpP7SI

It's been over a decade since Harmonix blessed us with Rock Band, one of the longest lasting music game platforms and now after some time making some dance games and some Kinect games and even a plastic toy for Hasbro, they're returning to the act of music creation. But since Guitar Hero, rock music has... let's just say "not done well", so they're focusing on a very different form of music: the DJ setlist. This isn't like DJ Hero though, because you're actually gonna be able to mash up the songs yourself. If this sounds familiar, you might have heard of that plastic toy that they put out, DropMix, which is basically just a weird physical card-based prototype of what they're giving to us now. What does that look like? Here's a gameplay video from Harmonix showing off a mission from their Campaign mode, showing off the interface, the different effects you can apply during your mixes, and how exactly you create your mixes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5aZ2GWufNE

In short, you take the songs (all split into four tracks, generally some combination of Vocals, Bass, Percussion, and Lead Instrument, which can be anything from the guitar track from a Rage Against the Machine song to the synths from Take on Me), and you place them into the four tracks you have, trying to get them in on the beat. Then you create a mix by adjusting the speed, replacing tracks as you get new requests, adding effects, fulfilling goals and just making poo poo that sounds good. There's a campaign of some sort and lots of multiplayer options but unlike Rock Band and games of that nature, you can easily jump into creation and start loving around without a clear goal in mind. There's also an emphasis on sharing your mixes and plenty of character creator options to make a DJ that fulfills your inner desires to headline at the Electric Forest.

Of course, a music game lives and dies based on the music that you have access to, and Harmonix is second to none at building a track list that will have something for everyone, and not stopping until they get the biggest names. Fuser is no different, and they've gone and got songs that will appeal to the most basic-15 year-olds and the most irony-poisoned 30-somethings alike. This is the playlist that comes with the base game:

quote:

50 Cent "In da Club" Hip Hop 2002
A Tribe Called Quest "Can I Kick It?" Hip Hop 1990
A-ha "Take On Me" Pop 1984
Ace of Base "The Sign" Pop 1994
Amy Winehouse "Rehab" R&B 2006
Armin van Buuren "Blah Blah Blah" Pop 2018
Ava Max "Sweet but Psycho" Pop 2018
Bad Bunny "Yo Perreo Sola" Latin 2020
Basement Jaxx "Where's Your Head At" Dance 2001
Becky G & Natti Natasha "Sin Pijama" Latin 2018
Benny Benassi presents The Biz "Satisfaction" Dance 2001
Billie Eilish "Bad Guy" Pop 2019
Blue Öyster Cult "(Don't Fear) The Reaper" Rock 1976
Bobby Brown "My Prerogative" R&B 1988
Brad Paisley "Mud on the Tires" Country 2003
Cardi B "Bodak Yellow" Hip Hop 2017
Carly Rae Jepsen "Call Me Maybe" Pop 2011
The Chainsmokers ft. Daya "Don't Let Me Down" Pop 2015
Childish Gambino "Summertime Magic" R&B 2018
The Clash "Rock the Casbah" Rock 1982
Coldplay "Clocks" Rock 2002
Deadmau5 ft. Rob Swire "Ghosts 'n' Stuff" Dance 2008
DMX "X Gon' Give It to Ya" Hip Hop 2003
Donna Summer "Hot Stuff" Dance 1979
Dolly Parton "Jolene" Country 1973
Dua Lipa "Don't Start Now" Pop 2019
Eric B. & Rakim "Don't Sweat the Technique" Hip Hop 1992
Fatboy Slim "The Rockafeller Skank" Dance 1998
Flo Rida feat. Sage the Gemini & Lookas "G.D.F.R." Hip Hop 2014
Grandmaster Melle Mel "The Message (2012)" Hip Hop 2012
Grouplove "Tongue Tied" Pop 2011
Imagine Dragons "Thunder" Rock 2017
J Balvin & Willy William "Mi Gente" Latin 2017
Jonas Brothers "Sucker" Pop 2018
Justin Timberlake "Can't Stop the Feeling!" Pop 2016
Karol G & Nicki Minaj "Tusa" Latin 2019
Kendrick Lamar & SZA "All the Stars" Hip Hop 2018
The Killers "The Man" Rock 2017
Labelle "Lady Marmalade" Pop 1974
Lady Gaga "Born This Way" Pop 2011
Lil Nas X ft. Billy Ray Cyrus "Old Town Road (Remix)" Pop 2019
Lizzo "Good as Hell" Hip Hop 2016
LMFAO ft. Lauren Bennett & GoonRock "Party Rock Anthem" Pop 2011
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. Wanz "Thrift Shop" Hip Hop 2012
Maroon 5 ft. Christina Aguilera "Moves like Jagger" Pop 2011
Megadeth "Symphony of Destruction" Rock 1992
Meghan Trainor "Me Too" Pop 2016
Migos "Stir Fry" Hip Hop 2017
Naughty by Nature "O.P.P." Hip Hop 1991
Nelly "Hot in Herre" Hip Hop 2002
O-Zone "Dragostea Din Tei" Dance 2003
Otis Redding "(Sittin' On) The Dock of the Bay" Pop 1968
Panic! at the Disco "High Hopes" Pop 2018
Paul van Dyk "For an Angel (PvD Remix '09)" Dance 2009
Pharrell Williams "Happy" Pop 2013
Pitbull ft. Ne-Yo, Afrojack & Nayer "Give Me Everything" Pop 2011
Pixies "Here Comes Your Man" Rock 1989
Post Malone "Better Now" Hip Hop 2018
Rage Against the Machine "Killing in the Name" Rock 1992
Rick Astley "Never Gonna Give You Up" Pop 1987
Rüfüs Du Sol "Eyes" Dance 2018
Salt-N-Pepa "Push It" Hip Hop 1987
Sam Hunt "Body Like a Back Road" Country 2017
Sean Paul "Temperature" Latin 2006
Shania Twain "Any Man of Mine" Country 1995
Sia ft. Sean Paul "Cheap Thrills" Pop 2016
Smash Mouth "All Star" Rock 1999
T.I. ft. Jay-Z "Bring Em Out" Hip Hop 2004
Tones and I "Dance Monkey" Pop 2019
Twenty One Pilots "Stressed Out" Pop 2015
Warren G & Nate Dogg "Regulate" Hip Hop 1994
The Weeknd "Blinding Lights" Pop 2019
Whitney Houston "I Wanna Dance with Somebody (Who Loves Me)" Pop 1987
Young MC "Bust a Move" Hip Hop 1989
Zedd, Maren Morris & Grey "The Middle" Dance 2018

And of course, like any Harmonix game, they've already got plans for DLC, with 25 songs being available at launch (and in a Deluxe Edition with the base game as well):

quote:

21 Savage "A Lot" Hip Hop 2019
Afrojack ft. Eva Simons "Take Over Control" Dance 2010
Alanis Morissette "Ironic" Rock 1996
Amerie "1 Thing" R&B 2005
Ava Max "Kings & Queens" Pop 2020
Bananarama "Venus" Pop 1986
The Cranberries "Linger" Rock 1993
DJ Snake, J Balvin & Tyga "Loco Contigo" Dance 2019
Echo & the Bunnymen "Lips Like Sugar" Rock 1987
Erasure "A Little Respect" Pop 1988
Evanescence "Bring Me to Life" Rock 2003
Fetty Wap "Trap Queen" Hip Hop 2014
French Montana ft. Swae Lee "Unforgettable" Hip Hop 2017
Glen Campbell "Gentle on My Mind" Country 1967
Ini Kamoze "Here Comes the Hotstepper (Heartical Mix)" Dance 1994
Justin Timberlake "Rock Your Body" Pop 2003
Kane Brown ft. Lauren Alaina "What Ifs" Country 2017
Kelly Clarkson "Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)" Pop 2012
Mark Ronson ft. Miley Cyrus "Nothing Breaks Like a Heart" Pop 2018
Nicki Minaj "Starships" Pop 2012
Sean Paul "Get Busy" Latin 2003
Soulja Boy Tell 'Em "Crank That (Soulja Boy)" Hip Hop 2007
Tone Loc "Funky Cold Medina" Hip Hop 1989
Topic with A7S "Breaking Me" Dance 2019
Usher ft. Pitbull "DJ Got Us Fallin' in Love" R&B 2010

And there's currently a bonus for pre-ordering: you get Mr. Brightside, New Rules and Young, Dumb and Broke as well. Of course, you don't have much time to pre-order because the game is available this Tuesday, November 10th! You can get it for pretty much everything, it's gonna be on PC, Switch, PS4 and Xbox One. You want to hear something that a dev made to show off the platform? Here you go! (there's a bunch of these on the Fuser Youtube page, it's worth taking a look if you're still on the fence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JgMLpvEFbY

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Nov 7, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i will be playing this for at least a couple hours

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I plan to Fuse

Edit: no NIN but I will make the closest equivalent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0devdVSBBE

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Nov 6, 2020

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Not sure if I’ll pop for the vip edition or just grab any dlc songs I like.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

They know what they're doing by making Evanescence DLC.

It's just like my Japanese Anime (music videos)...

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug
The music looks great but how much actual gameplay challenge can there be here? Looks like a toy like dropmix.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Chin Strap posted:

The music looks great but how much actual gameplay challenge can there be here? Looks like a toy like dropmix.

Dropmix by itself on a console is enough for me, honestly.

There’s a “campaign” mode that probably won’t be something to brag about. Online looks pretty fun. They did flesh out the entire concept, adding a lot of things that will keep mixes sounding fresh. I think that alone is the main sell.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

it's definitely a toy i dont think the campaign is going to be anything other than like, drop records on the downbeat and pick the correct song decade. when i saw they added different filters and effects you can add and do some degree of dynamic looping on a drumpad controller gimmick i figured they were pretty much maxing out what i could expect from it

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Chin Strap posted:

This looks like a fun toy, and given how the Rock Bands basically milked that "press the right buttons when told to" as far as it possibly could, I'm glad that Harmonix is doing something a bit different.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/PSUdotcom/status/1324718178040098821

https://twitter.com/PCMag/status/1324724489930874880

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

drat sounds good

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

As of right now it’s getting slightly better scores from PS4 reviewers but man I can’t imagine a game better suited for the Switch’s unique set of skills than this one. It’s something I could see myself spending a lot of time with in handheld mode for creation and when I’m on the go but being able to pop it on the TV to show people or take advantage of a sound system is also really nice.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

personally would never trade ps4 performance, live streaming, trophies and forward compatibility for at least the next gen, for portability

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I am thinking about PC for potential mods...

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yeah im not sure i realized there was a pc version before i preordered

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

I went with the regular edition on switch. I was tempted to get it on PS4 but I like portably

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

So apparently that list of songs in the OP is a partial list of songs in the base game, I checked the Wikipedia reticle again today and now stuff like Happy and Jolene are in there too. I think that “over 100 songs” quote might not be bullshit

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

DC Murderverse posted:

So apparently that list of songs in the OP is a partial list of songs in the base game, I checked the Wikipedia reticle again today and now stuff like Happy and Jolene are in there too. I think that “over 100 songs” quote might not be bullshit

I believe it's confirmed that ~25 songs are Harmonix originals.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Fly Ricky posted:

I believe it's confirmed that ~25 songs are Harmonix originals.

as someone who still listens to Honest Bob and the Factory to Dealer Incentives and other Harmonix-adjacent rock bands from Rock Band, I'm good with this.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

preloaded on ps4

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Just heard about this and now cannot wait for Tuesday!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

their twitter has really bad engagement i wonder how this is gonna sell

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Super No Vacancy posted:

their twitter has really bad engagement i wonder how this is gonna sell

yeah I feel like the advertising for this game has been really sparse and not very good. their YouTube page has lots of good videos but they all have tiny views aside from the big trailers, and I haven't seen much hype for it, even the reviews (which are pretty good) don't seem to be getting any traction.

I imagine this is more of an NCSoft issue than a Harmonix issue, but man it seems like "the Guitar Hero people are gonna help you be a real DJ with all your favorite songs" should be a slam dunk.

edit: this is probably my favorite review so far, this reviewer loved it and how accessible it is

quote:

Fuser PS4 Review

Every performer knows the moment. The moment when competence combines with inspiration and a simple performance elevates to something almost divine. The moment when your brain turns off and the music just flows through you like electricity through a conduit. The moment when you leave your body entirely, and muscle memory and the spirits of the universe take over, and nothing can go wrong. The moment when it’s all just working – and you aren’t even trying.

Gamers know that feeling too. The flow state you enter when you are on a really good run – when your Pac-Man simply can’t be caught, when your little guy successfully dodges every robot in Robotron, when you know – beyond any doubt – that your pinball will absolutely not go down the drain. When your brain turns off, and something else starts guiding your hands. People that get really good at Fuser are going to know that moment, and the rest of us are going to watch in awe. The lucky thing is, anyone can get good at Fuser.

Fuser Allows The Music To Flow Through You

There are moments in Fuser when these moments become reality. Flip a beat at just the right moment. Drop a lyric, right where it catches a certain fortuitous turn of phrase. Slap pieces from four different songs together in such a way that it sounds as though this is the way the song should have been in the first place. Think to yourself, “I am a golden god of music!”. And thank Harmonix for providing you the staircase to ascend to those heights.

Fuser’s UI is so good that experienced players are going to be able to milk some astounding performances from it. Much the way that watching a Guitar Hero virtuoso was impressive, Fuser players are going to be able to entertain at parties, taking over a room and unleashing concert-worthy performances from a DualShock (or DualSense, I suppose) controller. This is a game that screams for a good headset – and a great, thumping sound system to match it.

A lot of Fuser looks just like this: a DJ, and four turntables. Don’t be fooled by the simplicity though – there is a lot going on here.

Fuser does an amazing job of teaching players how to get in touch with their inner DJ. The game’s campaign is broken up into six sections, each of which is supervised by a fun (usually weird) promotor/mentor. As you work through each of the sections’ six “sets”, your lively mentor will teach you new tricks and functions, building on what came before.

Fuser Teaches Players As They Progress

At first, you will simply be learning how to lay down records. You have four turntables before you and an enormous crate of familiar hits to pull from. Each song is typically broken down into drums, bass, guitar (or turntable, or horns), and vocals. The early game sees players simply taking sections from various songs, mixing them together, and seeing how they sound. The game prompts the player with timed suggestions from your promoter and requests from the crowd. Responding quickly leads to a better overall score, which leads to levelling up and better cosmetic unlockables.

Gradually, the game adds more and more concepts. Soon, you will be shifting the key of the entire composition, changing the speed of your mix, laying down effects on tracks, cueing up records to drop at key moments. An orchestra’s worth of electronic instruments are slowly doled out, allowing players to create their own loops. As you play through the campaign, the complexity of Fuser slowly builds – but at such an even, measured pace that you will never be overwhelmed. Each new concept is expertly taught – one at a time, and with plenty of practice – so that by the time you move on to the next level, using it will be second nature.

One of the more advanced controls in Fuser, this UI handles BPM (beats per minute), key changes, and toggling between major and minor keys. By the time you get to this point, the campaign gets fairly real.

My early experiences with beta versions of Fuser had me believing that I was terrible at it, but it turns out that my controller was the problem (no, for real). This full release contains an interface to configure your controller for the best response, and I highly recommend taking advantage of that feature. For me, it made all the difference in the world, and I was soon dropping beats right on cue.

Each “set” is rated on a five-star system. My personal goal was to stumble through a set with at least three stars – not an unachievable benchmark. But I was astounded after playing for a few hours when I decided to loop back around to the early sections of the game and started knocking five-star performances out of the park. It is a testament to Fuser’s designers that they are able to take a chump like me and instil in me a modicum of competence.

Fuser Contains Mountains Of Goals And Unlockables

As you progress through the game, more and more stuff unlocks to allow you to customize your experience. Players are able to design some really fun and appropriately wild DJ characters, and Fuser continuously rewards you with more clothes and costumes to keep your look fresh. Much like the culture that spawned the game, Fuser smashes boundaries, allowing for an enormous amount of representation and diversity. You wanna put a beard on your lady? Fuser is here for it! This makes for some really fun results when you click the “Randomize Look” button.

Changing up the appearance of your stage show is one of the most fiddly and enjoyable aspects of Fuser. You control everything from the laser color to the images displayed on the jumbo screens.

But, beyond the look of your DJ, Fuser lets players dig deep into their stage show, customizing the stage used, the time of day, the fireworks and pyro, the color of your lasers, the objects being thrown around by the crowd – the list goes on and on. Some of these options can be purchased with in-game currency, but many of them must be earned by levelling up – giving players motivation to continue progressing even after the campaign is complete.

Multiplayer Keeps The Game Alive After The Campaign

Fuser’s campaign is no slouch – I would guess that it took me about ten hours to get through it, not counting times that I went back to replay early levels. There is a lot of content here for players to enjoy. But the campaign is just a training ground. Tons of multiplayer options are available for players to hop into once the campaign is complete (or before, if you a masochist).

A social hub keeps things lively with contests, allowing players to submit mixes adhering to certain criteria (your best mix using only 90’s hip hop, for example). The community votes on submissions, with the winner getting an in-game prize and bragging rights. Beyond that, players can simply share mixes on the hub for the fun of it. Browsing around these mixes and finding stand-outs (the good, the awful, and the bizarre) can be a lot of fun.

There are tons of customization options for your DJ. Clicking the “randomize” button can lead to some pretty stellar (and less than stellar) results.

But the real meat of multiplayer can be found in the Competitive Mix and Battle modes. In the first, up to four players can participate, with eight more watching and waiting to hop in when somebody leaves. One player creates a mix, which is then handed to the next, who can add in whatever elements they wish. Players better move quickly, because once a ticking meter counts down, the mix moves on, whether they are ready or not. Observers make requests and offer up reaction emojis, contributing to a player’s final score.

Battle mode is a more traditional one vs. one competitive mode, with both players responding to on-screen prompts and fighting for domination in an ongoing mix. Dropping tracks correctly and not repeating yourself are important ways to score points and remove energy from your opponent, and the best two out of three wins the round (but the loser still gets a healthy dollop of XP).

As you build your skills, Fuser unlocks more and more ways for you to change the mix. It all seems overwhelming at first, but the game’s pacing ensures that you don’t get lost.

Like the rest of Fuser, these multiplayer modes are bathed in good cheer, bright colors, and flashing neon. And much like the campaign, multiplayer allows for moments of sublime inspiration and crashing failure. It is all up the player, their skills, and their willingness to practice and get good. But even players with less skill will be able to jump in and drop some cool stuff into the mix. The nice thing about Fuser is that even the most basic of skills can sound pretty good.

Harmonix Has The Good Stuff Here

I’ll cut right to the chase. I unabashedly love Fuser. I’m a fan of mash-up mixes. I’m a fan of DJ culture. I’m a fan of Harmonix, and I loved their previous effort in this realm, the Dropmix musical card game. It’s like this game was made for me.

But I feel that way because this game was made for everyone. I am not a successful music game guy. My skill level at stuff like Guitar Hero, Rock Band and Amplitude is “acceptable but sucky”. But I can play Fuser, and I can create some pretty great-sounding mixes. That is not due to my skills, but rather it is a testament to just how well this game is designed.

I won’t lie, I played the hell out of Fuser during this past election week in the U.S., because I don’t drink anymore and Fuser seems to be the next best thing for distracting me from the nightmare news cycle. My house has been vibrating with dance beats for the better part of a week and my mood is about ten shades lighter than it would have been otherwise.

Harmonix has created a game using a recipe of color and music, and the result is pure fun and happiness. In this time of social distancing, Fuser is able to simulate going to a show remarkably well. Better still, Fuser allows players to feel like they are performing in a show, which is one of the best feelings on the planet. It’s almost as though Harmonix said “What is the very best feeling on earth?” and then gamified that feeling. Fuser is joyous, and I highly recommend you experience it for yourself.

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Nov 8, 2020

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i think they patched it but i was playing this game all day due to changing region to new zealand. I couldnt get the VIP dlc to downlaod at all. Game is fun, I do wonder how many legs it has though. It has a "game mode" but its kinda meh.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Honestly if I just paid $60 to make a hundred remixes of Call Me Maybe... I think I've gotten my money's worth

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!
I never thought I could enjoy subtly Rick-Rolling people as much as I currently am.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

I could see myself spending a lot of time working on mixes for those contests. Before I figured out exactly how it worked (you can’t just submit a mix you’ve already made to the contest you have to make a new one), I spent 20 minutes making a quick 32 but I might try to make something a little more intricate later when it’s not 2am.

Honestly I might need to get out some scratch paper and write it all out first, going by feeling gets you close enough but to make something really intricate having it written down is probably gonna be essential.

I honestly have no idea how the cross platform stuff works. My name was just taken from my Switch nickname so I’m just Nick but there’s multiple other people called “Nick” on here so maybe in order to be found I need the full name (Nick#6833) but I tried searching for myself and I didn’t come up. Someone should try to find/follow me.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I thought this game might get kind of shallow but as you play the campaign it unlocks some pretty decent features for personal expression. You can mute/solo tracks, and then start accessing custom instruments to create your own beats (think of like a drum pad a DJ uses, although without a straight analog 1:1 button option you can't be nearly as flexible).

I assume the high-end competitive scene is going to be absolutely absurd, but then a pretty big gulf of talent between that and the normal users who just want to vibe out or see how can play the most Rick Roll vs their friends.

Basically, as someone with no real musical talent, I could vibe pretty hard to my own lovely beats and not really worry about much else.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

lol I thought I would just check this out before going to bed and uh I have spent four hours playing it and have already begun planning what DLC to buy... game might be good?

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
This game is sick. It’s also surprisingly difficult to five-star some of these stages. :argh:

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

this poo poo rules, harmonix still got it baby

one of my concerns though is that lack of a particularly high skill ceiling, which is what kept bringing me back to rock band/guitar hero for years and years.

Also, add support for the DJ Hero turntables Harmonix you cowards, I got two of these bad boys let me hit the wheels of steel.

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Nov 10, 2020

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Anyone tried the multiplayer yet?

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Harmonix, why must you tempt me so. I'm likely to get this, heck. But haven't yet.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Chaotic Flame posted:

Anyone tried the multiplayer yet?

I went 1-1 last night. hitting the requested genre/decade on a pickup is big points and it seems like the other key is keep an eye on your opponents declining discs so you can trump them in the meantime

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

How does multiplayer work with DLC

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

There's some pretty crazy poo poo it unlocks during the campaign, with a bunch of programmable instruments like sequences, drum machines, and pads. And it unlocks different modifiers for the stems and poo poo too, it's surprisingly powerful.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

How does multiplayer work with DLC

It's all server-based, so people can use their DLC you don't own and you'll still hear it!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Kaboobi posted:

There's some pretty crazy poo poo it unlocks during the campaign, with a bunch of programmable instruments like sequences, drum machines, and pads. And it unlocks different modifiers for the stems and poo poo too, it's surprisingly powerful.

The mode and key changes are magical, like you can obviously go too far and break things but most of the time you can make it sound really cool

Kaboobi posted:

It's all server-based, so people can use their DLC you don't own and you'll still hear it!

Oh sweet

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Oh wow that Riser effect is really cool, just got to the part of the campaign where that unlocks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I played Dropmix with some friends awhile back and the technology was pretty cool. Given the positive reaction I'm seeing in here, I'm sure I'll be picking this up sooner or later. I'd like to wait and hope for the price point to drop, but realistically, I'm sure I'll end up picking it up some weekend when I'm a little drunk and wanting to play with music.