Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I'm in there as explosivo if anyone wants to give a follow. One of the benefits of playing on Steam I guess. I didn't even know there were weekly community things because it's all hidden neatly behind the Social tab. I sincerely hope they fix your cued tracks dropping when you rewind during a recording. It almost feels like you have to just get it right in one go because it's such a pain in the rear end to re-add your cued tracks if you gently caress up and have to go back to fix something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Huh, OK. Keep posting these!

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
After a few days back and forth with fuser support they finally gave me a way to get the pre order songs on xbox

From the Xbox dashboard:
Settings > Account > Payment & Billing > Order History > FUSER VIP Edition Pre-Order > View in Store > "You're about to leave Xbox Assist" Continue > Manage > Ready to Inst

No idea why that works and nothing else did

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Oh there's a whole week of voting on Synth Pop competition mixes?

I added everyone who posted their nick and upvoted :)

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-PRS6DhQAI

Pretty pleased with how my submission for the new event came out. It's pretty fun just doing it in one take instead of scrubbing back to fix stuff since that's kinda broken right now. And like Stan Taylor said earlier I think these events are pretty cool and give some goals to keep playing for. I like how the voting works, it just queues up a playlist and you can go through listening to one monstrosity after another.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

Empress Brosephine posted:

After a few days back and forth with fuser support they finally gave me a way to get the pre order songs on xbox

From the Xbox dashboard:
Settings > Account > Payment & Billing > Order History > FUSER VIP Edition Pre-Order > View in Store > "You're about to leave Xbox Assist" Continue > Manage > Ready to Inst

No idea why that works and nothing else did

Reminds me of the similar headache I had with the Hitman 2 Legacy content.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Dumb question re: Points - I've been playing Harmonix games since Frequency, so I'm used to early levels being Easy Five Stars - is it just the constant stream of drops and pickups and filling requests that get you points? I like letting things breathe a bit but I also like Those Stars.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Deathlove posted:

Dumb question re: Points - I've been playing Harmonix games since Frequency, so I'm used to early levels being Easy Five Stars - is it just the constant stream of drops and pickups and filling requests that get you points? I like letting things breathe a bit but I also like Those Stars.

Yeah it seems like you get points for changing tracks a lot, fulfilling requests, and hitting stuff on downbeats. It's kind of a lovely system because lots of track changes does not a good mix make but if you're specifically chasing stars you need to keep moving tracks around. I gave up trying for stars because it's just not fun to make bad songs to game the system. Especially when you're still having to do all the tutorial bullshit over again too.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Deathlove posted:

it's a bad system because it gives you more points if the life meter is filled up, so the trick at the start is to make an awful sounding mix by dropping a ton of stuff on the downbeat REALLY quickly to max it out and then keep rotating stuff out once it's maxed to keep it up

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
I replayed the first level to get five stars and it sucked. It treats it as a tutorial still, so none of the full features are usable and it still pops up with prompts. You just have to drop something on every downbeat. Absolute slog, will not be going back through to get full stars unless they patch it. Annoying oversight.

Context
Sep 11, 2006
For some season I can’t hear the calibration clicks through my soundbar. I heard them fine when playing with headphones. Anyone else run into this?

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Context posted:

For some season I can’t hear the calibration clicks through my soundbar. I heard them fine when playing with headphones. Anyone else run into this?

if you're hooked up through optical audio it might be issue with your audio system where it takes a second to start sending audio if it detects no sound and since it's going no sounds > tiny click > no sound you just don't get anything in the time it takes to rev back up

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

oh you get a lot of xp for voting. but doesn’t look like you can search specific ppl to vote them

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Super No Vacancy posted:

oh you get a lot of xp for voting. but doesn’t look like you can search specific ppl to vote them

Yeah I got confused at first, liking and upvoting are not the same thing and you can only vote on the random ones you get queued for. No goon collusion :negative:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Oh I didn't realize that. Dang. That said, it is pretty fun hopping into the voting queue and hearing what people come up with. I appreciate that they made the voting for events easy to do and even give out a reward for doing it. Having weekly events doesn't work unless people keep coming back every week to vote.

Has there been any word about patches, by any chance? There's a bunch of stuff that desperately needs fixed, including that bug that just stops you from being able to lay down any tracks. I think it might only be during the co-op freestyle mode but argh that poo poo's annoying.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Yeah I got confused at first, liking and upvoting are not the same thing and you can only vote on the random ones you get queued for. No goon collusion :negative:

Don't you get the same amount of XP for voting and liking? I haven't been keeping track to be honest.

First wave of new DLC announced. Groove is in the Heart, Adore You, Inside Out. That last one sounds like a Harmonix original, but I didn't bother looking it up. Just give me all the DLC.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Groove is in the Heart, gonna snap that up immediately

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Poor Sheepy :(
I don't know if this has been posted but are all PS4 video saves cutting off after a few seconds? How can I inflict my awful mixes on people?

Also, on PS4 can anyone get into the voting thing for the event? I just get it hanging and then an error when I exit :(

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Fly Ricky posted:

First wave of new DLC announced. Groove is in the Heart, Adore You, Inside Out. That last one sounds like a Harmonix original, but I didn't bother looking it up. Just give me all the DLC.

Sweet. I still haven’t unlocked all the pack in songs and I’ll probably go a la carte on the dlc stuff once I get around to it.

I figure we can safely assume more of the song that were in dropmix will make their way over. Looking forward to getting chvrches in. I’d love some more big name/classic pop. Madonna, Robyn, that kind of stuff.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Stan Taylor posted:

I figure we can safely assume more of the song that were in dropmix will make their way over. Looking forward to getting chvrches in. I’d love some more big name/classic pop. Madonna, Robyn, that kind of stuff.

I need that classic Disturbed "OOH ah ah ah ah" sample

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Not Eve 6 - Inside Out, coward Harmonix :mad:

Let me sample '"Rendezvous and I'm through with you," then drop a previously-built mix immediately.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Okay, my new obsession is the stutterer effect:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ygjJg3-CZA

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Yeah the stutter was one of the big effects in terms of like "this actually lets you feel like you're remixing as you play".

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Genuinely surprised at not a single Daft Punk track to start. I was expecting Get Lucky at the very least.

Still, I'm happy I can get my pop music mashup going on.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

daft punk might be weird about their music. rock band only got get lucky from them and daft punk wouldn’t give them their stems so it’s a bad DIY hacked up stem track

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

How is performance on the Switch? I can’t imagine it’s bad or anything, but I’d like to make sure?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

How is performance on the Switch? I can’t imagine it’s bad or anything, but I’d like to make sure?

I saw it hitch once or twice near the beginning of a couple sets, and there's this audio synch issue with the FMVs, but so far I think it's fine. I haven't checked the file size yet after grabbing the VIP Edition.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

explosivo posted:

Okay, my new obsession is the stutterer effect:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ygjJg3-CZA

As someone who doesn't own this game, I would like more people to post their mixes. The main things holding me back are the price and the fact that I don't think I'm familiar with a lot of these songs, although I'm musically oriented and really like what I hear come out of it.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

As someone who doesn't own this game, I would like more people to post their mixes. The main things holding me back are the price and the fact that I don't think I'm familiar with a lot of these songs, although I'm musically oriented and really like what I hear come out of it.

I'm honestly right there with you, I don't really listen to much Dance/Rap/Hip-Hop and don't recognize about half the tracks in the game but when you're picking bits and pieces out of the song to layer onto other parts you learn what sounds cool based on trial and error basically. They make it very easy for people of any skill level to make some cool sounding music, but if you have an ear for music and are willing to really learn the tools they give you there's a decent amount of depth there to gently caress around with.

Also, have a couple more mixes :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0h93MeBCV3s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcKIYY49wCk

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I've had a few crashes, the CG videos sometimes don't play (though the audio does), and the framerate is pretty low compared to other versions. The game is playable but it has it's issues.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

Enjoy my awful bits! I'm still learning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGtts9Sp0kw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcfyFMwEok8

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

^^ Anyone who uses YoungMC or Megadeth gets a +1 from me :) Now put them in the same mix...

I'm not familiar with many of the songs either but I've been having a lot of fun making simple mashups. Can't share any since video export is borked on PS4 (audio cuts out). I find the campaign to be a bit of a slog though.

Also, does anyone know what the green card/lanyard is that's next to your name in your profile?

:iiam:

Kiwillian fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Nov 21, 2020

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I ended up buying it. I love it. I love it to bits.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm over this game now, I think the magic has rubbed off. They should just allow you to turn off the progression and give you all the tools and songs in freeplay instead of having to play the extremely bad game within

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I feel like its worth mentioning that I smoke weed while playing the game and that also makes it way better.

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Empress Brosephine posted:

I'm over this game now, I think the magic has rubbed off. They should just allow you to turn off the progression and give you all the tools and songs in freeplay instead of having to play the extremely bad game within

Crank BPM to max (once you unlock it), ignore everything besides the infinite time bits, don't give a poo poo about timing or how it sounds. Makes it a bit easier and quicker - all the timed bits are bar based, so higher BPM == less time.

You can get tons of XP to unlock stuff by evaluating event mixes and recording 32 or 64 bar freestyle sets. 64 bar is worth 640xp. I just started Source Decay and am already level 19.

The campaign is horse poo poo. :(

Kiwillian fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Nov 21, 2020

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

I feel like its worth mentioning that I smoke weed while playing the game and that also makes it way better.

I suspect you may not be the only one :downs:

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

the campaign is a 5 hour tutorial and is the worst part of the game and the scoring system is bad IMO

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Looking forward to the campaign in Fuser 3 where they get it right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I enjoy the campaign :shobon:

About to 5 star all of the levels, just a few in the last stage