Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
It was briefly hilarious when you could kill people with windmilling stasis crystals, at least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Salvation's Grip strikes me as something that was undertuned on purpose because they were afraid of things getting out of hand with mods like Focusing Lens

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

I don't know what salvation grip strikes me as because I keep forgetting it exists

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
it's really cool up until you realize it does zero damage and then becomes immediately loving garbage

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Psycho Landlord posted:

I don't know what salvation grip strikes me as because I keep forgetting it exists

same until last week when I got matchmade into a Disgraced with some pubbie who must have just gotten it. they spent the whole boss fight filling the room with glaciers, boxing us in place and not damaging her at all and it was the most irritating poo poo ever. using that gun in group content is basically just griefing

Psycho Landlord posted:

Yeah but Arc conductor is explicitly arc resistance. You're supposed to take less arc damage with it up.

Colossus shield is an arc-typed shield. It takes extra arc damage (though a lot loving less with the catalyst)

It will also blow the gently caress up if arc brings it down so watch out hanging around with your buddies if they're under fire and the shots are blue

OH okay, I never used this once I finished the catalyst because the whole "doesn't fire until spun up" thing annoys me. sounds like this is gonna be another bothersome gun to get matchmade with someone using

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Salvation's Grip would have been a cool Special Ammo or even Primary Ammo weapon. As it is, it's absolutely not worth using.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I forget, does the icewalls Salvation's Grip makes get affected by fragments that does stuff with stasis crystals?

They probably intended for it to be an on-demand icewall grenade, but it's probably better to build for a faster iceall grenade recharge rate

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
it's the only stasis weapon that exists and it's basically what the monarch would use in venture bros

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

muike posted:

it's the only stasis weapon that exists and it's basically what the monarch would use in venture bros

no, that would obviously be le monarque, it's in his colors for that reason

Stasis is a STRAIGHT MOVE.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
stasis trace rifle that makes your character say ice puns in an arnold voice

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Psycho Landlord posted:

it's a gun that takes up an exotic slot to do same thing that your hand does

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Kesper North posted:

no, that would obviously be le monarque, it's in his colors for that reason

Stasis is a STRAIGHT MOVE.

it's a straight push!!

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.

Mazerunner posted:

stasis trace rifle that makes your character Ghost say ice puns in an arnold voice

ftfy

"Ice up Guardian"

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

hiddenriverninja posted:

it's a gun that takes up an exotic slot to do same thing that your hand does

*shards exotic fleshlight*

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Kith posted:

Salvation's Grip would have been a cool Special Ammo or even Primary Ammo weapon. As it is, it's absolutely not worth using.

Yeah they should have made it a quest-reward legendary breechloader like Salvager's, making it an exotic feels like an insult when it's literally useless outside of shooting the stasis deelies on europa or off-label uses like clipping yourself through a wall

having no stasis-element legendaries and/or shielded enemies on BL release was an unbelievable oversight. season FIFTEEN?!

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Making it a special breachloader and fire off what are practically icewalls would have made it as toxic as Mountaintop, imo

Just guardians jumping in the air to hip fire and freeze you instantly

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

SgtSteel91 posted:

Making it a special breachloader and fire off what are practically icewalls would have made it as toxic as Mountaintop, imo

Just guardians jumping in the air to hip fire and freeze you instantly

I don't think it'd be any more toxic than Witherhoard is now.

ClydeFrog
Apr 13, 2007

my body is a temple to an idiot god
I am sad they haven't stopped trials weapons rolling with celerity after acknowledging it needs to go away/be improved etc.

Currently in a glass cage of emotion.

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.

ClydeFrog posted:

I am sad they haven't stopped trials weapons rolling with celerity after acknowledging it needs to go away/be improved etc.

Currently in a glass cage of emotion.

quote:

Celerity and Bottomless Grief: We addressed these specifically in an earlier TWAB, but here are the buffs again. Note that we buffed the perks themselves, so these changes will apply to your existing drops of these weapons (these being alternate perks on Adept weapons can't be applied retroactively though).

Celerity: Now always grants +20 to handling and +20 to reload in addition to the triggered effect.
Bottomless Grief: Now always grants +30 to magazine in addition to the triggered effect.

they're literally changing it next season

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Salvation Grip is only viable to help warlocks finish shatter objectives easier since we got hosed hard on that area of do thing for reward missions.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
All I want is for a hell world area with strikes and a raid. Zavala saying, “Rip and tear Guardian. Rip. And. Tear.”

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

DoomTrainPhD posted:

All I want is for a hell world area with strikes and a raid. Zavala saying, “Rip and tear Guardian. Rip. And. Tear.”

Too bad the only way we would get that is to pay for an *extra special season pass elite gold edition* and then it only lasts for half a season.

Also tess would be the mission hub and only voiced npc, all missions cost silver.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

"Good work guardian, I give you, a thumbs up."

ClydeFrog
Apr 13, 2007

asterioth posted:

they're literally changing it next season

:woop:

Thank you. I had heard the change wasn't going to apply to weapons that had dropped before the next season, but it seems to be adept versions that are getting screwed over. Which sucks for people that had to get them the much harder way than winning three etc for these less fancy ones.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Sure, rhythmic physical expressions won’t win a fight, but they feel good, and feeling good is better than not

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

ClydeFrog posted:

:woop:

Thank you. I had heard the change wasn't going to apply to weapons that had dropped before the next season, but it seems to be adept versions that are getting screwed over. Which sucks for people that had to get them the much harder way than winning three etc for these less fancy ones.

IIRC Cel/BG will be selectable alternate perks in the fourth column on all adept weapons, but weapons that already rolled them don't suddenly add an alternate perk retroactively.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

PathAsc posted:

Too bad the only way we would get that is to pay for an *extra special season pass elite gold edition* and then it only lasts for half a season.

Also tess would be the mission hub and only voiced npc, all missions cost silver.

I don't care, and I would pay $100 for this. I would grind endlessly for all the slayer armor and shotguns.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Salvation's Grip is the best exotic for going out of bounds and breaking encounters

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans
On Beyond Light release I was keeping invaders trapped in ice during Gambit until the last moment and killing them .

It's a free crowd control gun.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

RocketRaygun posted:

Salvation's Grip is the best exotic for going out of bounds and breaking encounters
It's also a free kill if your team is ever lagging behind in a lift.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Salvation's Grip would have been better if the crystal time was reduced to a few seconds, and it had a wide-area stasis burst as automatic effect, with a slow rather than a total freeze. Treat it as a mine-layer area-denial 'Door's Closed' weapon that forces your opponent to back off and controls spacing, but can be set off with light gunfire. PvE can block enemies and punish them for moving in too close, and PvP can force Guardians to flank or destroy, letting you control their movement and narrow their actions to counter.

As it is? Waste of a slot.

ClydeFrog
Apr 13, 2007

Paracelsus posted:

IIRC Cel/BG will be selectable alternate perks in the fourth column on all adept weapons, but weapons that already rolled them don't suddenly add an alternate perk retroactively.

So I'm guessing I will get the extra flat buff applied to the handcannon and fusion rifle I have now. I will try them in elimination to see if the actual perk works usefully for me as I'm often the last one left alive.

It was the first time I'd actually spent any real time in trials. It was a blend of stomp or be stomped but one thing I noticed was how much more aggressive the play was compared to other modes.

Can anyone recommend people with sensible opinions on how to do better? Or in fact share their own especially with how it differs from other 3v3.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Just logged on to see a milestone saying to talk to eva about participating in the closing ceremony, but I can't see anything else. It said you could participate 'from friday' but do they mean next week? Going by last year what do you have to do?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Just logged on to see a milestone saying to talk to eva about participating in the closing ceremony, but I can't see anything else. It said you could participate 'from friday' but do they mean next week? Going by last year what do you have to do?

Yeah it's gonna be a talk to Eva thing next weekend thing

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Ok, only it had a milestone just now saying to talk to her about the closing ceremony, but when I talked to her it was just the standard shtick. I have all of the triumphs except that one.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

You have to stand on your class symbol to get a prompt to hold the use key to complete the closing ceremony.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Bobby Deluxe posted:

It's also a free kill if your team is ever lagging behind in a lift.

You can also put it on the spinny bits in the vex construction public event to make teammate death fields.

Honestly, I have no idea why you guys are so down on this gun. It's probably the best gun in the game!

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Mill Village posted:

You have to stand on your class symbol to get a prompt to hold the use key to complete the closing ceremony.

I've done that and gotten the crown, but I never got the triumph for participating in the closing ceremony.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Paracelsus posted:

I've done that and gotten the crown, but I never got the triumph for participating in the closing ceremony.

closing ceremony is the end of the whole event, not the weekly thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

that's the weekly ceremony, not the closing one. closing one is next weekend.