Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Roaming supers are also generally a lot more powerful than one-and-done ones. Running around with a repeatable instakill attacks and big damage resistance is generally gonna get you more kills than "press butan and instantly oneshot everyone on the control point", unless the enemy team groups up a ton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Roaming supers are also generally a lot more powerful than one-and-done ones. Running around with a repeatable instakill attacks and big damage resistance is generally gonna get you more kills than "press butan and instantly oneshot everyone on the control point", unless the enemy team groups up a ton.

In my head the best use of a cancel super is to obliterate a roaming super. That's why I call them cancel supers. :v:

Every once in a while you get lucky unleashing hell on a control point but players these days are a lot better about clumping than they once were.

a pale ghost
Dec 31, 2008

Ok, so can it be expected for stasis hunter to get a nerf?

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

a pale ghost posted:

No, they already said they nerfed it but actually made it even stronger. Hunters are Bungie's special boy, don't expect their poo poo to ever get fixed. Or if it is, there will be some new ridiculously OP bullshit that they get to replace the current bullshit.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

a pale ghost posted:

:laugh:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Destiny's sacred cows are hunters, hand cannons, and shotguns. Nothing will ever be done to seriously reign them in.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

a pale ghost posted:

Don't listen to the above posters who pretend that Warlock hasn't been the best PvP class for the last like two years. Shatterdive is totally out of line so expect a nerf to it sooner or later but the rest of the Stasis hunter kit is just OK. Shurikens got done real dirty actually, they should have their damage nerfed but kept their tracking.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Eej posted:

Don't listen to the above posters who pretend that Warlock hasn't been the best PvP class for the last like two years. Shatterdive is totally out of line so expect a nerf to it sooner or later but the rest of the Stasis hunter kit is just OK. Shurikens got done real dirty actually, they should have their damage nerfed but kept their tracking.

I didn't know Warlock had Shatterdive.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Me: So, titans

Everyone, whole two pages: PVP is for Hunters and Warlocks

Me: :cawg:

xzzy posted:

Destiny's sacred cows are hunters, hand cannons, and shotguns. Nothing will ever be done to seriously reign them in.

IMO the sacred triumvirate of weapons are Snipers, Shotty, and Hand Cannons because they are the cowboy booyah gun archetypes and are deadass satisfying to use

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I've never really liked using snipers or scouts in this game.

But there might be credibility to yeehaw theory, cause Dead Man's Tale is one of the most satisfying guns to use in the entire game.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
PvP is for titan punch, shotguns to face and dunemarcher procs.

Blood for the blood God

skulls for the throne

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Oh drat I didn't buy the dragonfly spec mod from Banshee yesterday and now Xur has a really nice dragonfly handcannon.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Anyone got pulse rifle recommendations? Kinetic and Energy, PVP lean, but never hurts to have one for PVE as well. I've been lacking in a go-to after Blast Furnace got sunset.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

People who don't play Hunter hate Hunters smh. Y'all get all the cool stuff.

About to play Titan in trials this weekend and try out precious scars.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Oxyclean posted:

Anyone got pulse rifle recommendations? Kinetic and Energy, PVP lean, but never hurts to have one for PVE as well. I've been lacking in a go-to after Blast Furnace got sunset.

I have a Time-Worn Spire (IB kinetic rapid-fire) that I use for PvP. Vigilance Wing is solid out of the box if you're willing to have that be your exotic.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Oxyclean posted:

I quite like the messenger honestly

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Oxyclean posted:

Kinetic—Messenger, Vigilance Wing, NTTE
Energy—Third Axiom, Gridskipper, Stars in Shadow

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

RBX posted:

People who don't play Hunter hate Hunters smh. Y'all get all the cool stuff.

About to play Titan in trials this weekend and try out precious scars.

It now heals 20% of your shield but it has an internal cooldown so... still kinda poopy unless you're exotic switching for the res.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

It's more than 20% and it's in a burst around you. The cooldown of 3 seconds doesn't matter because it's trials.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Cheers on the pulse recommends.

Trials is being mean to me and not giving me The Messenger. I've gotten a copy of every other weapon and a bunch of armor now. Already have the 7 wiin and round win engrams for the week....

e: I like Darkest Before (Nine/Propehcy) but my rolls are pretty meh.

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Sep 17, 2021

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

PERMACAV 50 posted:

Kinetic—Messenger, Vigilance Wing, NTTE
Energy—Third Axiom, Gridskipper, Stars in Shadow

2nd'ing the Gridskipper. poo poo melts enemies.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

a pale ghost posted:

Problem: stasis hunters are extremely powerful
Solution: nerf behemoth titans

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Problem: Stasis Hunters are extremely powerful
Solution: Buff Stasis Hunter Super

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

Stars in Shadow is always pretty useful as a pulse, especially with the confluence of Solar bounties and Unstoppable Pulse Rifle this season. The only other Solar weapons I have in rotation right now are Duality, the new Auto and Heir Apparent.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Grimthwacker posted:

Stars in Shadow is always pretty useful as a pulse, especially with the confluence of Solar bounties and Unstoppable Pulse Rifle this season. The only other Solar weapons I have in rotation right now are Duality, the new Auto and Heir Apparent.

Did you get the Timelines’ Vertex from Xur last week? Punching Out is also pretty solid.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

xzzy posted:

Weren't there rumours that one of bungie's senior team is a major pistol afficionado who was making it really hard to balance handcannons and sidearms?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

They've had a hard on for pistols since Halo 1.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Weren't there rumours that one of bungie's senior team is a major pistol afficionado who was making it really hard to balance handcannons and sidearms?

Whether true or not, I'd like to say that both feel good right now.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
sidearms feel very float on m&k for pvp, but own in pve right now. my last hope (rip) used to be my go to

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Jason Jones was the one that made the pistol overpowered in Halo, and he's been doing it to pistols ever since. Dude loves the things.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Man, The Corrupted is pretty annoying in Hero Nightfall. The boss was just throwing it's shield up again so quickly.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

But sidearms have been incredibly mediocre for the game's lifespan? Why would a pistol aficionado want that?

I also feel like Sidearm exotics have been kinda rare and ho-hum? Travelers Chosen and Devils Ruin feel like the closet thing to stand-outs.

Now that I think of it, make the Halo 1 pistol into an exotic in Destiny 2.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Sidearms have always been a sneaky good option, the full auto and 3 round burst types are really good guns.

And I think Bungie is not allowed to make any reference Halo at all in their games, that's the best explanation I got for why vehicles in Destiny are so loving bad when they wrote the book on how to do FPS vehicles right. And why there are no Halo related easter eggs.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Oxyclean posted:

But sidearms have been incredibly mediocre for the game's lifespan? Why would a pistol aficionado want that?

I also feel like Sidearm exotics have been kinda rare and ho-hum? Travelers Chosen and Devils Ruin feel like the closet thing to stand-outs.

Now that I think of it, make the Halo 1 pistol into an exotic in Destiny 2.

Hand Cannons are the successor. Sidearms are like the nerfed halo 2+ Pistols.

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

I love love LOVE sidearms. Lonesome and the Seventh Seraph sidearm are often in my rotation. Haven't really tried the burst fire ones; burst fire isn't usually my thing (though I use Pulse Rifles just fine). Full auto. . . I prefer having an accurate, pinpoint sidearm rather than spray and pray. ROF with semi-autos are usually good enough for me.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

ROF isn't the issue with sidearms, it's the CTS inducing button spam you have to use to get sidearms to hit their optimal ttk. They should all be full auto, just with different ROF.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

xzzy posted:

And I think Bungie is not allowed to make any reference Halo at all in their games, that's the best explanation I got for why vehicles in Destiny are so loving bad when they wrote the book on how to do FPS vehicles right. And why there are no Halo related easter eggs.

yes hello this is every company that has ever manufactured a vehicle, I would like to sue you for vehicles in a videogame

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Xur is selling a Main Ingredient with a PVP godroll today. His Dire Promise is pretty solid as well.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
There was a golden moment in Destiny 2 when an arc sidearm was the highest DPS primary in the game :sigh:

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
There's a huge gulf in Sidearm usability between Controller, 30 FPS and Mouse+Keyboard, 60+ FPS which influences their place in the meta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turkey Farts
Jan 4, 2013

As a new trials player last week was a really fun intro and I got some good loot. This week is round after round of three stacks hip firing thorn headshots from scout rifle range, ending the round in less than a minute. Fun while it lasted I guess.