Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Edit:

:allears:

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Feb 22, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost
Managed to finish the Birds of Prey quest with literally a minute to spare

I know it's not super important but it was a fun low-stakes timer to race against before servers went down

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

https://twitter.com/BungieHelp/status/1495959860256641026?t=nl0_ji8kAooc9Np9bvRPsw&s=19
lol, overload champs continue their hot streak of being the most annoying champs

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTIcdJLyT1A

Yeah, that's gotta be the raid boss theme.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Bobby Deluxe posted:

https://twitter.com/BungieHelp/status/1495959860256641026?t=nl0_ji8kAooc9Np9bvRPsw&s=19
lol, overload champs continue their hot streak of being the most annoying champs

luv 2 run Divinity in solo play

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
rip ps4 players

https://twitter.com/bungiehelp/status/1495994515559178240?s=21

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

oof.

on the flip side, maybe the servers will be stable at launch for once?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Got my machines updated, maybe I'll even get to play today. Maybe.

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum

Well, given my usual PSN download times I should see WQ on thursday or so. Hopefully this thursday.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

They nuked all 3rd part support for ps5. People are mad (including me) that their Xim and scuff don't work now.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

BlindSite posted:

They nuked all 3rd part support for ps5. People are mad (including me) that their Xim and scuff don't work now.

Who did? Bungie for Destiny or Sony for everything?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Listerine posted:

Who did? Bungie for Destiny or Sony for everything?

So destiny ps5 version used to work with a hori/scuff or other periphery controller on the ps5. Which meant you could use a scuf impact or a hori game pad on ps5 or using one of those controllers via a xim. Now they don't support so the only thing that does is the dual sense.

Elerion
May 31, 2011
The obvious conclusion is that Sony bought Bungie to sell more dual sense controllers.

Marshal Plugnut
Aug 16, 2005

The code to the exit is 1125

Thinking about the new orb generation mods- if the mods create orbs from a damage type (void, arc etc), is it specified if it needs to be weapon damage, or any source?
For example- will a void orb mod mean for a contraverse hold grenade build I can create orbs from constant grenade use, and may hardly have to pull the trigger at all?

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

lol alak-hul's theme in the witch queen soundtrack

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

Elerion posted:

The obvious conclusion is that Sony bought Bungie to sell more dual sense controllers.

That make sense given the conclusion many people are coming to is that the delay with the PS4 preload is a Sony strategy to force everyone to upgrade to a PS5.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Astrochicken posted:

Still one of the best boss fight designs imo

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

https://youtu.be/b_dTNcnM8Ys?t=4455

so good. how do these guys meet and exceed my expectations every single time.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Astrochicken posted:

Yea there's a press screenshot of a guy that looks just like him but infused with light. Guess he's back with his own ghost now.
What I'm interested in is if these lucent hive retain their memories? Seems like they do. I wonder if being able to recall past lives will ever become a plot point of any significance in destiny, it's something I always felt was weirdly overlooked in the story.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Listerine posted:

That make sense given the conclusion many people are coming to is that the delay with the PS4 preload is a Sony strategy to force everyone to upgrade to a PS5.

Bold play, forcing people to buy stuff that's already in scarce supply.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
Hopefully Sony announces an offical paddle attachment. I don't know how I got by without this thing. Two generations in a row now without back buttons on the controller.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Scuf gaming has a vice-like grip on the patent for that, so uptake is super slow and may never become the norm

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Yea there's a press screenshot of a guy that looks just like him but infused with light. Guess he's back with his own ghost now.
What I'm interested in is if these lucent hive retain their memories? Seems like they do. I wonder if being able to recall past lives will ever become a plot point of any significance in destiny, it's something I always felt was weirdly overlooked in the story.
Yeah, I always thought that this could have been a cool piece of single player content if you were to be able to try to piece together some kind of history for your character instead of being your ghosts marionette.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I always wanted a level of what your character was doing before their original death, maybe even during the sheer horror of the collapse. I know the cosmodrome was initially supposed to be one of many starting areas but the implication was that you were gunning for one of the colony ships and didn't make it.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Bungie will never make a mission that tells all 3 million people playing Destiny that we’re the same character.

Just do a little RP, Jesus Christ, it won’t hurt. I have names picked out for all my ghosts, Destiny is a game full of rich lore, just add to it yourself.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Marshal Plugnut posted:

Thinking about the new orb generation mods- if the mods create orbs from a damage type (void, arc etc), is it specified if it needs to be weapon damage, or any source?
For example- will a void orb mod mean for a contraverse hold grenade build I can create orbs from constant grenade use, and may hardly have to pull the trigger at all?

It’s just for weapon damage

Marshal Plugnut
Aug 16, 2005

The code to the exit is 1125

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

It’s just for weapon damage

Ah, shame that. Void orbs mod and graviton lance it is then.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Be careful looking up poo poo on YouTube, people data-mined voice lines and a metric fuckton of spoilers have been set free on the internet.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah I was messing around for a while and between Nezzarecs and Graviton Lance I’m gonna be exploding all over the place. I can’t see the Void stuff not being OP.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

stadia stays winning

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

who?

Elerion
May 31, 2011
I too always wanted to know what my dwarf in World of Warcraft did before he started hunting wolves in Dun Morogh, and I am very disappointed that Blizzard never made a mission about it.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
TRAILER!

https://twitter.com/DestinyTheGame/status/1496137897464012805?s=20&t=Y-g9Hd7Su9EbQJ4CZk_cXA

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

lets be honest those Cabal Centurions are gonna be just for show right, still looks like a badass Season tbh

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

frajaq posted:

lets be honest those Cabal Centurions are gonna be just for show right, still looks like a badass Season tbh

Yeah I assume they'd be like spider's eliksni or Braytech droids, just kind of there

Still cool

Doc Dee
Feb 15, 2012

THANKS FOR MAKING ME SPEND MONEY, T
Agreed re: Season of the Risen, CABAL FRIENDLIES INCOMING is incredibly badass

Should also put those "Zavala is the next Spoiler Alert victim" to bed, still leaning very strongly towards Spider

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost
Screen went from "Destiny is temporarily at capacity" back to "no peeking"

This bodes well for server stability

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

frajaq posted:

Can you imagine an exotic that let you summon a full-on friendly NPC into crucible?

Even a red bar sounds like a hilarious distraction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost
Summon a legionary not for the guns but so the drop pod squishes my enemy