Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Maybe I'm misrembering, but SK had like 400k logged in on release and I didn't have to wait nearly as long to get into the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Yeah pretty much every prediction and/or fear I had is 100% true. Stasis is Solar, mechanically, no Crucible maps, no new Y1-3 exotic catalysts, etc

Wish I'd been wrong about more but the new planet sure is pretty. Hope the raid is fun!

They should have just released it in September. No new Crucible maps or Y1-3 catalysts is disappointing.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Blind Rasputin posted:

There was a time when Destiny wasn’t about bounties. It was about milestones

Supposedly D1 style weekly bounties are coming next season. Why they couldn't come this season with the delay I have no idea. Small indie dev and all.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Kingnothing posted:

Most of that poo poo is pretty inconsequential.

Scouts really deserve more. They are so good in D1.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Really bummed that Banshee doesn't have any new weapons this season. What am I supposed to do with my 3k weapon parts?

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Trust me, you'll wish it was shorter. You retread your footsteps 3 times.

Strongly strongly recommend everyone do 15 minutes of the Widow's Walk for those bugged, guaranteed +10 drops and get your light up for the campaign.

Looks like the High Value Targets also have the same bug.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Stormgale posted:

So, Expansion bad?

We'll know for sure next week when the season event starts.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

xzzy posted:

In general if you're pissing off the people who take the game the most seriously, you did a good thing.

I don't know why Gladd or Gothalion care about Stasis in PVP. They play PVE 99% of the time anyway.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

:thunk:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/314776725911240704/776265877951610920/Boing_IQ.mp4

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

My biggest complaint with Stasis right now is breaking yourself out of it is assigned to your class ability key and not interact. Mashing V is kinda awkward.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

The game told me to hold it

I somehow missed that and somebody told me about it and now its not so annoying.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

RBX posted:

I'm having fun but holy poo poo this server stuff has to be fixed. Getting kicked mid matches isn't fun.

Do you have Open NAT? You shouldn’t be getting kicked so much at this point. Bungie supposedly fixed most of the server issues.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Stasis is fine guys.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/314776725911240704/776585173881978880/this_is_fine_IQ.mp4

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/314776725911240704/776587759833317396/yep_IQ.mp4

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I turned off HDR because the game would take ages to alt-tab when I wanted to use DIM.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Those Sabotage missions sure love making you do Empire Hunts repeatedly. It definitely feels like there’s some content padding there. At the same time I think making quests for each upgrade is a good idea.

I hope there will be a way to farm Stars in Shadow at some point. It can get up to 101 range and it can get Feeding Frenzy or Outlaw, and Kill Clip. Dragonfly would be nice for PVE, too.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

xzzy posted:

SBMM doesn't give you balanced games, it produces a 50% win rate over your career. This generally results in getting vigorously poo poo on for a few games to get you to 49.9% (because it feels like rank decay is slower than rank ups) then allowing you a completely dominating victory.

It gets more complex when you go in as a fireteam, it feels like it fixates on finding opponents based on the rating of your most skilled party member.

(yes all of this is anecdotal and not backed by science, no one knows how bungie calculates SBMM. but if you watch elo ratings on destinytracker you can get a feel for what's going on)

Team balancing is still questionable at best. I see this with streamers of this game and COD (especially MW2019). Whenever they solo queue, 4-5 of their teammates are negative bottom feeders and the enemy team gets the good players instead of shuffling people around.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Horizontal Erentil is kinda fun when I can do poo poo like this.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/768156109792870431/777610909333979166/slidey_IQ.mp4

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

So Coriolis Force is currently bugged so Fusion Scavenger gives it eight rounds per brick. Too bad it’s not very good in PVP. You have to get in shotgun range to reliably one shot people. It’s great for PVE, though. I have it with One For All and it takes down groups of enemies with ease.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Sekenr posted:

I was running around Europa and the ghost suddenly apologized for doubting my awesome idea to embrace darkness

He keeps saying it repeatedly at random times in my game. It’s getting kinda annoying. Then I go to Beyond and he starts questioning my choices again.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Not Forgotten has the damage bug from Shadowkeep again. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8E4TJ8-vs78

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/314776725911240704/778082802284757002/killed_dead_IQ.mp4

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Osiris is like a rockstar way past his prime, struggling to stay relevant as the world moves on without him.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

xzzy posted:

Put Rahool and Osiris in the old guardians home, they've served their purpose and now need to be kept out of sight so they can't bother us anymore.

Make Drifter decode engrams again. I like his dinghy hallway.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Does there really have to be sbbm in Mayhem of all modes? I joined this game near the end so I didn't have to deal with it much but it was very laggy.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Rubellavator posted:

There's literally no evidence that SBMM is back.

I guess I just had an anomaly in matchmaking then. I'm not really sure why I would get a lobby like this considering my location.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

So if you combine Sturm and Drang with the damage boost from freezing someone, Sturm will one-shot you with a headshot in PVP.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

This seasonal event is really underwhelming. You would think the seasonal event tied to the release of a major expansion would be something fun like Vex Invasion or the Menagerie.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I’m thinking Stasis Titans are the best considering their super will always find a wall to slam you into for the one shot. This works against other supers, too. I’m just basing this on my experience in Mayhem. Blade Barrage with Shards still annihilates everything, though.

I made a mistake earlier. I was talking about Vex Offensive, the horde mode seasonal activity. Vex Invasions were just random patrol event. Those were kinda annoying if you got an empty instance.

Sundial was a good activity, too, especially the harder version that came out near the end of the season.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

This is a new one.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/768156109792870431/778749107556188190/wtf_IQ.mp4

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

The general mechanics would be fine if they actually worked. I love excluding Grave Digger from my Scout Rifle perk pool and getting it anyway.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Apparently turning off Shader Caching (in your NVIDIA Control Panel) will fix the FPS issues.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I'm definitely noticing an improvement with this simple tweak.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/768156109792870431/779353225211805708/falling_IQ.mp4

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

The lead up to the final encounter with Taniks is really cool.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Clovis is Banshee.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

victrix posted:

Raid is reaaaaaaaal good y'all

Bungie really knocked it out of the park this time around. I mean Garden was great and all, but the set pieces in this raid elevate it to a higher level. Nice to get a substantial amount of new content after the raid completion as well.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Scyantific posted:

24 hours have passed

Far more memorable vistas than Garden

Yeah Bungie really stepped their game up here. I hope we get more trips to outer space in the future.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I've done an Empire Hunt purchased from variks and an empire hunt launched directly from space and I'm at 0/2 on the weekly empire hunt challenge to do empire hunts as a quest step to do empire hunts

Bungie made sure the raid was perfect but forgot about making sure everything else worked.

I can’t examine the EXO corpse during the Technocrat hunt.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

abraham linksys posted:

"just do the nightfall with pubbies," they said, "it'll be easy," they said

i did get 3 whole lure charges out of it, i guess. i think im a bit undergeared, i dunno, im 1226 power and its a 1220 recommended but my weapons seemed to do absolutely nothing against any enemy. we kept getting hosed up by hydras because there is just no way to burn them down, they were even worse than champions

Did you and your pubbies not have any champion mods? Also the Hydra during the boss fight is a bullet sponge for some reason. Its usually not dead until near the end of the fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Bungie is worse with exotic catalysts than Nintendo is with Virtual Console releases.