Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Psycho Landlord posted:

You got answered already but to back them up The Stranger’s Weapon Pack you get for preordering has been confirmed by Bungie to NOT be seasonal content. Season of the Hunt’s content has been barely touched on. NTTE will be a world or quest drop.

This is what is on Bungie’s website right now about NttE

quote:

*Available with Beyond Light + Season, Digital Deluxe, and Collector’s Edition during Season 12. All players with Beyond Light can acquire it after Season 12.

It sounds to me like even if it is a world/quest drop it won’t be available to the masses until the second season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

My favorite D2 raids are Crown of Sorrow and SotP because even with brand new people you can finish it without taking 3 hours

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

wiegieman posted:

Lie detected

You can totally carry a brand new noob through CoS, I’d just make sure to be paired with them for phase 1 thunderdomes with a Lumina to keep them alive and then everything else is pretty straightforward

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Is there a good guide to what currencies we should be spending before Beyond Light?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

I am glad Io is going away because Asher Mir is annoying and I probably won't hear him as often. Goodbye yellow planet rick sanchez, you will not be missed.

At least he’s distinct. There’s a mission on earth where the two people in your earpiece are Hawthorne and Sloane and without subtitles it’s almost impossible to tell which serious duty-focused lady is which

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Spanish Manlove posted:

When are the servers going to be back up?

Noon eastern

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The login message changed from “server down” to “one moment please...”

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The reason there should be only 1 combined destiny thread is because all players spend every expansion spamming refresh at a connection error

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Phylaks can eat my nuts

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The Darkness; but this time it’s Different

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Overall I think Beyond Light is better than Shadowkeep but sunsetting a ton of gear without adding much new stuff to replace it is fail as heck

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I just want someone at Bungie to say how much bright dust and legendary shards players collectively poured into the Tribute Hall so I can laugh to the skies

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Pyronic posted:

If you're looking at statistics about the quantity of content lacking from this release you're missing all the behind the scenes work that went to rebuild the foundation of this game from the ground up to support further content down the road.

Well sure, but they say that every expansion. Forsaken was laying the groundwork for reintroducing randomly rolled guns, Shadowkeep was laying the groundwork for the armor system getting overhauled, now BL is laying the groundwork for missions getting overhauled or something

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

What’s the most ammo efficient power weapon in Gambit? I have a stupid darkness quest to get 60 kills with one

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

RocketRaygun posted:

They are telling a story about gods, but without overt dues ex machina from one side. Yes, it's going glacially slow in that regard and even the characters in game are feeling it, so it's obviously an intended story telling element.

Honestly the problem with most of the Destiny 2 writing is that it feels like it’s always about the same 8 or 9 people even though the characters have always been the weakest part of Bungie’s writing compared to the fictional races and civilizations. The iconic parts of Halo are the Flood and the Covenant, while the central character is a faceless helmet that speaks maybe one full paragraph per game. I liked the Beyond Light campaign because I’m 10000x more interested in what’s going on with the Fallen than I am in reading yet another lore entry about goddamn Eris Morn or Ana Brey. And based on the post-Eramis story so far I might be in for disappointment.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The Moon Monster posted:

What the gently caress even is a stasis titan super final blow? I'll kill like 20 enemies with my super and my counter will go from 8/90 to 10/90.

My advice is to only use the punch not the heavy slam, the slam does basically zero damage and won’t count for final blows

Yolomon Wayne posted:

As a Titan, all quest objectives with "kill combatants with stasis damage" make me shiver since the stasis-super is basically a striker in a darker shade of blue.
Grenades that dont kill dont make this easier.

The secret to “stasis damage kills” is to use finishers as the stasis subclass (but only use your default finisher animation)

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Eej posted:

Perhaps don't use Titan's literally worst super to beat Titan's second best super

Worse than burning maul?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

SOROS Regime is still my fave tbh

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Although deep in my heart i know the answer, im still asking: If i want to play a second character, will i have to do all those incredibly tedious stasis-quests again to be able to use the subclass to full potential?

I think the fragments are cross-class

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Mazerunner posted:

Some more bugs:

-trench barrel lasts effectively infinitely

? I’ve been using my seventh seraph shotgun with trench barrel and it runs out after a few seconds like normal. Does it linger after the buff leaves the screen or something?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

The taken phalanx shield boop goes through walls, right, that's not just me/lag??

Phalanx shields are ontological weapons that exist outside of our understanding of dimensional physics. If the shield desires to fling you against a wall so hard that your light splatters out, then so it shall

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Oxyclean posted:

Many pages ago, or possibly in the last thread, there was a discussion about how Strength is a bad/weak stat - why is that?

It’s mainly that there’s a lot of ways to recharge your melee with exotics and armor mods, so if you want to make a build where you’re using your melee all the time you can just equip montecarlo or something instead of divesting from better stats like intellect

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Pirate Jet posted:

At this point I’m pretty sure you can expect every character voiced by a celebrity to be either recast or killed off. Clock’s ticking on Ikora.

I wonder what Alan Tudyk is up to

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The hunt stuff has started already, not that the servers seem to be able to handle it

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

D3 should let you play as the Fallen.

I would absolutely play a Fallen guardian in a heartbeat if it meant having a pet Shank that flies around and helps me shoot things

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

xzzy posted:

I know it doesn't shoot, but there is a shank ghost shell.

Oh trust me I know lol. I like it with the Tangled Rust shader, gives me fond memories of the House of Devils. I also was a huge fan of the Skiff ship, but then Skulking Fox came out and I fell in love

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

goblin week posted:

Eehh
Garden was the least memorable raid of all D2 raids.

Less memorable than Crown of Sorrow?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Yeah the whole raid is same complexity as final boss of GoS and also CoS. Seemingly intensely complicated but once you've got a groove for your personal role it's a cinch

Good, I’ve enjoyed all the post-Forsaken raids way more than Last Wish (needing to print out a cheat sheet of icon names to refer to every 2 minutes was not enjoyable)

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Republicans posted:

It works better when you use the punch as a means to shatter ice instead of trying to land any direct hit on anything not significantly larger than you. It would be nice if the punch had either better tracking or more damage to compensate for the extra skill necessary to use it well.

The stasis punch is titan’s single best movement ability and honestly I’ve found it most useful to gtfo from tight situations than for killing

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

With the new Aspects out, Titans are unquestioned king of the sandbox

As it should be

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Strobe posted:

Yes, there's a machine gun as a reward for the Empire Hunts called Thermal Erosion. I don't remember which hunt it is off the top of my head but the gun owns.

It’s the Warrior one I think

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I find it quite amusing that the “Stasis” subclass has far and away the best movement abilities for Titans

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

drat the finale of the exo challenge this week is pretty sick

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Oxyclean posted:

How do you cover all 3? Unstoppable Shotty, Anti-Barrier Pulse/Whatever, Anti-Overload Grenades?

If you don’t want to lock into any exotics that’s an option, you could also use Eriana’s with unstoppable hand cannon for barrier/unstoppable duty and then overload grenades

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Capn Beeb posted:

Holy poo poo the Trinity Ghoul catalyst dropped for me, this is hilarious :science:

It’s Very Good

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Republicans posted:

Just got that the other day too. Have fun getting 1000 explosion kills at Shuro Chi. One less roadblock on the path to the Sweet Business catalyst.

Honestly I found altars of sorrow to be just as easy of a farm without having to shoot a stupid wall code for 10 minutes

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Yolomon Wayne posted:

On the other hand, the random engram got me a Monte Carlo, is it any good nowadays?

It’s not a very competitive gun but it is a very fun gun. Besides making melee ability kill quests easier, you can pair it with a lot of different classes. My favorite is with wings of sacred dawn and top tree dawnblade, just chucking fireballs left right and center

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

is it possible to target-farm ikelos and 7th seraph guns

sorry that was last season

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Looks like Prophecy is at 1050 power btw, should be nice and accessible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

So Hawkmoon is out? Some guy had it in the last IB match I played.

The quest is pretty easy and the longest part can be done just by getting crucible kills so I’d suggest getting to that point and then diving into the IB