Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

RocketRaygun posted:

Yeah, the mix of NSFW and SFW art is why I didn't link their twitter.

If there is stuff uncredited and you want me to credit it in the OP, lemme know. I'm not trying to steal art or anything.

The image you used for Hunter Knife Wizard, with the arc staff and power of traveler and anime, comes from this artist: https://twitter.com/elesirart

https://twitter.com/ElesirArt/status/1141712263621095425?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Let's talk about lore instead

There's been an ARG and it's a doozy with the lore coming out of it

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Season of Arrivals is great because of the radio talk between Drifter and Eris

And all the art that’s come from it

https://twitter.com/pppongd2/status/1325507477924839425?s=21

https://twitter.com/backupraccoon/status/1323310962774929408?s=20

https://twitter.com/nyarbon_dioxide/status/1322617246531739649?s=21

https://twitter.com/nyarbon_dioxide/status/1317382686223200256?s=21

https://twitter.com/nyarbon_dioxide/status/1312505528547827713?s=21

Friendship ended with Zavala and Ikora, now Drifter and Eris are my new best friends

Looking forward to Beyond Light and the both of them being lovable weirdos in their own ways

SgtSteel91 fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Nov 9, 2020

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

we never got a mars raid in the pits of rasputin and the ice caves and all that cool poo poo with the final boss being a Taken Xol and I'm gonna die mad about it

I'm a lore-carer and the loving worm gods deserve better than being a throwaway strike boss.

big worm

I’ve imagined what a Mars Raid to kill Xol in the Ascendant Realm would be like a could of times. This is what I’ve come up with:

First Encounter: Rasputin is going to triangulate Xol’s location in the Ascendant Realm, your team has to protect a Warmind Gate its created from waves of Hive

Second Encounter: after locating Xol, the gate opens up to Ascendant Realm, and Rasputin starts sending War Sats in to support you and rain down Javelin bombardments, the introduction to this mechanic is fighting a big Taken Hive Boss

Third Encounter: True Xol boss fight, with the War Sat bombardments stunning Xol for the party to damage. When Xol’s health is depleted, it still looks as though Xol is still alive. So Rasputin send’s a warsat to crash into Xol, then set it to detonate

Last Encounter: A Halo/Last Wish Queens walk-like trench run on your sparrows back to the gate before Xol and the Ascendant Realm you’re in is nuked by the war sat

SgtSteel91 fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Nov 9, 2020

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

idiotsavant posted:

As a mostly casual f2p player is it worth the effort to get catalysts for older exotics? Specifically Sleeper Sim and Telesto - I know both have been mentioned already, but is it really worth for how useful they are or just because you won't be able to get them any more? Same goes for the Rat King recommendation.

Sleeper, probably not

Telesto is the besto, so I would recommend getting the catalyst for it

Unfortunately the Telesto catalyst comes from a raid lair that’s going away in... [checks notes] 9 hours

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

edit:

okay, nevermind

Instead I'll say Duality might be our Super Shotgun equivalent

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The titan icefall mantle is a HUUUGE piece of poo poo though, wow

Disabling barricade recharge while it's active I understand for balance reasons, but if the damage reduction is too low and "slowed" means "just got hit by the frozen cursed thrall's explosion" then yeah...

But hey, if it turns out it's bad then that means it can get buffs and not nerfed into the ground like One-Eyed Mask

SgtSteel91 fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Nov 10, 2020

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Could you spoil the lore implications or give a link to them? I'd like to see this actually.

Lore implications... concerning

The new Hunter helm exotic's text description comes from a Fallen Exo. Yes you heard me: FALLEN EXO

The raid weapon's description has a name carved on the barrel: only a name, and all of them have been [Bray family member name]-1. So Clovis may have created Exos from his granddaughters, yes even Ana. So we may have Exo Ana and Guardian Ana running around at the same time

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Zodack posted:

I enjoy the narrative beat where a bunch of guys show up out of nowhere including someone you haven't seen since D1 and immediately tell you "okay a bad thing is happening and get this, just give into the probably insanely evil power you've been fighting since 2014 or whenever trust me" and your character doesn't even go "ok" you just walk over and juice up

Subclass looks cool though

It’s probably really weird for someone just coming into the story now, but the past season and/or year has been building up to this moment, so it makes more sense if you’ve been following the story

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Kingnothing posted:

Lmao.

Literally incapable of doing anything right. PVP keeps this game alive and they’d rather rear end gently caress everyone.

Add to all that dumb poo poo basically no weapon balancing or changes to exotics.

They just made a whole slew of weapon balancing

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/49819

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Eej posted:

To be fair the sandbox is pretty balanced aside from snipers

Low zoom Snipers and lightweight handcanons were the main outliers, with the 600 rpm autos being not far behind those

Everything else was pretty balanced, as you said

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The beyond light campaign is by far their weakest campaign in the history of the franchise

I find that hard to believe when Shadowkeep exists

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I've only gotten to try out the Titan Stasis subclass a couple of times at the point I'm at in the campaign, but I'm liking the times I get to play around with it
There's definitely a rhythm to it, thought; the flying superman punch on command is great, but using the grenade before hand to make Code of Commander-like "stasis detonators" is where it really shines
And that's taken to the extreme with the Super, I feel like you really need to make the ice columns first, then charge in with the fist to make huge explosions
I still haven't gotten to the aspects to customize the subclass further, and I might never take that subclass off

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Ironically, Heart of Inmost Light works with Stasis

Which also gives really good synergy: throw grenade to freeze enemies, then smash them with your empowered melee, which stacks empowered x2 to recharge your grenade so you can repeat

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Warlocks nerfed hard

Strikes lowered from 1100 to 1050 so you can use your sunset gear

Seventh seraph and all season 11 weapons added to the pool

Anything expiring at 1260 removed from the pool

A good start, but they should still remove the Moon and Dreaming City gear power cap

edit:

If you want to read it yourself
https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/49853

SgtSteel91 fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Nov 19, 2020

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Yeah, I definitely expected them to UnSet the Shadowkeep and maybe undying loot but this is a good start. Too much of seraph and last season loot was crucial to the meta but no longer obtainable

Definitely the Seraph weapons

I think Bungie put themselves in a weird situation with the Warmind Mods, cause they either need to keep bringing back the Seraph and Ikelos weapons, make new ones, or the player is forced to use Xeno or Sunshot with a certain solar mod to make use of Warmind Cells

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Titan stasis melee is only a very conditional one shot, but I agree that with this warlock nerf, the behemoth is uncontested champion of the Sandbox

My nightmare is seeing nerfs to Behemoth like

- Reduced the distance, speed, and knockback of Shiver Strike

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Kind of being an armchair developer, but another change they could have made to Stasis Warlock's melee would be to keep the distance and speed, but hits slows the target, and shatters them if they are frozen

So you either need to have frozen them before, or have a teammate freeze them to save your own grenade

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/destinyplayers1/status/1329472611735187457?s=21

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

OzFactor posted:

Shadowkeep is $12 at the Humble Store right now, but what does it actually add at this point? Anything other than its campaign and bounties on the Moon? I have Forsaken so I already have the middle line classes.

It depends

I believe that expansion adds exotic quests for Deathbringer, a fun gimmic rocket launcher, and Xenophage, one of the best machine guns in the game

All of the weapons and armor in the expansion is 'sunsetted' but Bungie might reverse that

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

This might be an unpopular opinion, but I think the raid might be a little too easy with contest mode off?

I know the challenge is mostly learning and executing the raid mechanics and the power fantasy feels really good when you're one-shoting dregs and captains, but there was something special of overcoming overwhelming odds with the enemies 20 above your power level

Maybe Bungie will bring in modifiers for the raid, or an option to turn contest mode on again

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Reward structure for DSC is a bit different than other raids. There are indeed curated, encounter-specific rolls on the guns, but you don't them from the encounter. You spend Spoils of Conquest after beating the final boss, and you buy a Cache that has a 1/4 or a 1/5 chance of dropping the curated roll on your desired weapon.

All of the curated rolls are bad, except for the Slug Shotgun which is an absurdly good DPS monster due to Assault Mag, Reconstruction, Recombination. Unfortunately the cache that drops the curated Slug Shotgun also drops the curated Sniper, or a high stat roll on the legs, arms, class item

Honestly it's worth trying to get it, but the better use for Spoils is to buy a random roll of a specific gun you want.

If getting the curated gun unlocks it to be bought specifically, it would be helpful if you’re getting rng screwed and not getting the lmg

Yes, I have been getting swords from the last chest, why do you ask?

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

https://youtu.be/NH1hrMb8dOI

Hawkmoon is coming soon

And they changed its exotic perk from random bullets doing more damage to Final Round from D1

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Oxyclean posted:

Something I just realized I'd kinda like to see is a rifle type gun. (Like a bolt action or M1-Garand style gun) Like, splitting the difference between sniper and scout? High damage, slower ROF, great on precision with good range.

Scouts feel like I'm tickling my enemies and snipers use special ammo and I can't aim for dick with them.

Sounds like No Land Beyond. Basically a sniper rifle without the scope, and you eject each round with the bolt after each shot.

Oxyclean posted:

Also gimme like a drum/clip fed auto-shotty. How do we have slug shotguns (the nerd shotgun) but not autoshotties?

e: Across the board I want to see more "mold breaker" weapons where it's a gun in a slot/ammo it doesn't normally go with. Primary Shotgun, Kinetic or Legendary Trace, Special Ammo Sword, Heavy....Sidearm?

Isn't that just rapid-fire frame shotguns?

Or do you mean shotguns where you replace magazines instead of slotting in new shells?

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Bring back The Young Wolf's Howl, while you're at it, and make the heavy attack send out a flame wave

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Devrim (remember him?) and the Crucible/Vanguard/Gambit vendors apparently update each week with random stats on their armor.

Shaxx has an absolutely perfect pair of boots for top tree Dawnblade warlocks

Devrim has a solid helmet for Hunters, too

Whoa whoa whoa

Armor you can buy from vendors have good stats now???

When did that happen?

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Oxyclean posted:

Sick, hope I can 2-man it with my Destiny buddy.

It's doable with two people, I can say from experience

And if you're really confident, you can do it solo and get a cute Rabbit Ghost Shell

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

How so?

One of the biggest issues was the lack of loot, and now they've voicing an effort to bring in more stuff

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

More loot & also loot is available longer

That too

One of the things that surprised me was that next season all of the Season of Worthy weapons won't just get removed but moved to Banshee

I've been having terrible luck getting the Seventh Seraph Carbine (like I've dropped 1000+ weapons parts and got only one) so I don't have to worry about missing out when the next season rolls around

Edit:
Then again the only reason I like the Carbine is that it's an AR that looks and feels good

Shadow Price looks even cooler and it can be a Adept weapon too so I might just drop the Carbine altogether

Dunno what archtype it is, from seeing videos of it in D1, it might be a High Impact, 360 rpm, frame?

SgtSteel91 fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Dec 8, 2020

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Mill Village posted:

Sunsetting is not exclusive to Destiny. We're lucky we get sunsetting yearly instead of randomly with patches, but you won't play the game anymore anyway so it really doesn't matter.

I can sort of understand the frustration because there's a difference between retiring swords in WoW and guns in Destiny

My understanding is that in MMOs like WoW your weapons are just numbers stick you swing around. They all function the same, but the look and effects they might have changes

But in Destiny, a Gnawing Hunger is different from a Uril's Gift, a Steelfeather repeater, to a Sacred Providence

The guns are more than looks, they handle and sound differently. I have a friend who loves to use Coldheart and only feels comfortable using autos in the kinetic slot. He's lucky he had a steelfeather repeater in his vault, otherwise he'd be stuck with blue autos or praying to the RNG for a Seraph Carbine cause he's not going into Iron Banner to get a Forward Path

SgtSteel91 fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Dec 8, 2020

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

No that's Zavala having depression induced day-dreams of all the people left behind on the old zones (except Brother Vance)

The lore tab on the class item confirms it

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I have learned to love the laugh I get when I'm frozen in the air mid titan super

Supers are overpowered bullshit by design and that's A OK. Now that stasis warlock melee is suckass and the coldsnap grenades are easier to dodge than a shoulder charge, it's rare to be frozen outside of a super (which is good)

Yeah, the only thing that kills me consistently is the Hunter's Jump + Ice Wall + Ground Pound move

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/BungieHelp/status/1336779611795963906?s=20

Hopefully this will cut down on the cheaters

Also T I N Y

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Can't escape the sweat

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Epsilon Plus posted:

so how chill are the D2 clans? My current clan has a total of six people across different time zones and at least one of them refuses to run the raid unless we do it blind, which I'm never fuckin' doing again. Is it easy to just drop in for some Crucible or Nightfalls or whatever? Can I be baby-step idiot-held through a raid? Is there a clan for people who are like, only moderately sweaty?

Buddy, you'll fit it just fine in Serious Overchill

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Epsilon Plus posted:

Cool, I'm in the Discord - which clan in-game do I apply to? I know there are/were like three or four.

You'll want to read the second pin in the #d2-general-season-of-seasoning channel

It'll give you the rundown of getting roles and the list of clans to request joining, as well as the admins of each clan that you @ to let them know you made the request to join the clan

Serious Overchill [SNEK] and 2 Chill 2 Serious [TIME] are the main clans while Guardians of Chillbear [BEAR] is the 'overflow' clan, in case [SNEK] and [TIME] are full

But at the moment there's space in [SNEK] and [TIME]

SgtSteel91 fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Dec 10, 2020

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Strelok604 posted:

Trying to play crucible is just an exercise in dying constantly, so if I'm gonna do this Hawkmoon quest I need to kill champions. I'm only 1228 so is there a way to farm them other than nightfalls? I tried to do a legend lost sector but it was way above my character's capability

Most exotic quests have me hit a roadblock where I have to do a mission clearly not balanced around doing it solo so hopefully I can actually complete this one

Nightfalls or Empire Hunts at PL 1220 are the only ones that will give you Champions to kill at your level

But Running a NF three times will do the trick, and you don't need final blows on the Champion for it to count

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Grimthwacker posted:

I just got quite a bit accomplished - I unlocked both of my Subclasses - but I'm not sure where to go to progress the main campaign. I got the ability to use the Crucible and Gambit. Do you need to try those out once for story progression?

Also, I opened up the Moon, and I guess I started the Shadowkeep campaign? Guess I'll be ignoring that area for a while!

Did you talk to Variks again and unlock the sabotage stuff?

And also talk to The Exo Stranger to unlock the other grenade types, aspects, and fragment quests?

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

hiddenriverninja posted:

Can you get the new exotics to drop anywhere once you unlock them, or are they exclusively tied to the lost sectors?

You mean the new exotic armor?

Yeah, they only drop from the heroic/legendary lost sectors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Ploygon has an interview up with Luke Smith, where they talk about the idea of implementing the modular system in the Stasis sub-class to the Light sub-classes in the future

https://www.polygon.com/2020/12/16/22177177/destiny-2-beyond-light-stasis-customization-subclass-solar-arc-void-super-remake

How he would implement it though

quote:

"You know, all the Supers using the same system, that sounds awesome. But also the Supers that we have in the game would be an edited list. It would be something that’s edited toward more identity than what we have today.”

Smith explained that “the classes [Hunter, Warlock, and Titan] are kind of homogenous.” He then noted that revisiting the Super system for these classes could provide a chance to hone them.

As classes have gotten new Supers over the years — during Taken King, Forsaken, and Beyond Light — there’s been less of a reason to bring multiple different classes to a raid or Nightfall. So if Bungie ends up remaking old Supers in the heavily customizable Stasis system, Smith wants to use that framework to pare down some of the class bloat and hone the identity of each ability set.

Solidifying that identity will clearly be a challenge for Bungie — if it happens. But Smith seemed excited about “class jealousy”; that idea that you might look at an allied Hunter and feel jealous that you can’t use Golden Gun on the boss, just as they look at your Titan wishing they could use Ward of Dawn.

That’s the goal for Smith, to give players a reason to play each class and help make Hunters, Titans, and Warlock all feel special for playing their chosen class.

One example he gave was the Warlock Void subclass

quote:

"It’s much easier for me to look at Nova Bomb and say Nova Bomb is, like, IP-defining,” said Smith. “It’s an IP-defining super; get rid of Nova Warp.” But in this case, Smith is talking about a classic Warlock ability, Nova Bomb, and comparing it to a mediocre, PvP-only Super, Nova Warp. Cutting Nova Warp might hurt some fans, but it’s generally pretty safe; more people like Nova Bomb than Nova Warp.

edit:

For those worried, looks like it's not happening anytime soon

SgtSteel91 fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Dec 16, 2020