Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy
Considering I was convinced that Zavala was voiced by Keith David I’m betting they could slot him in if push came to shove and he was interested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
I bound block to reload but will probably move it to melee, it’s worked so far but beginning to see the limitations.

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
I find antibarrier pulse and no time to explain to poo poo on hydras. You may have to strafe and use cover a bit, can’t just go to-to-toe, but if you just gently tickle their critoris, your portal buddy inherits the antibarrier (I think) and you never have to reload. You ignore the shields basically.

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Ciaphas posted:

Speaking of Xeno, I decided twelve bucks was good enough for skeep because I'm bad with money. Guessing I get started with that questline on the moon somewhere?

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-10-29-destiny-2-xenophage-quest-6007

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
Wait I should be doing dawning stuff? I thought it was for a weapon and it didn’t grab my attention.

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
drat, thanks! I guess I will do some extra clicks.

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

hiddenriverninja posted:

rip getting the Chosen seal because I couldn't be bothered to do the glykon/presage scanning stuff

Hop in discord and ask, there are people there such as myself who will point out all the scannables while soloing the thing for you. Three weeks of 30 minutes a week and you’re done.

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
Umbral decoder is now at H.E.L.M., which is a location on the tower map, upper left. Believe you have to do an intro quest, Challenger’s Proving, so check your quest log or maybe it’s hanging out there in the director somewhere. See if you have access to H.E.L.M. first though.

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
PSA: Last Hand (Ace of Spades) ornament is up for Silver as the daily offering. I've been waiting a while for it, figured I'd announce here in case there are others in my shoes.

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
The game will not show which quadrant of each shader will be applied to which Telesto bolts. This makes it difficult to pick the shader I should use to fire the confetti at my Guardian's cross play gender reveal raid.

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
I would put Eriana's Vow high on the list if for no other reason than the fact that the catalyst makes it absolutely nuts, and requires 400 playlist activities (Strikes, Gambit, or Crucible) and gets no bonuses progress from any source. Basically the earlier you get the catalyst started (it's a quest you get as soon as you have the gun, not something you have to find randomly) started, the better.

It was fine without the catalyst, but has a 6-round mag and takes a month to reload. Catalyst gives it 9 rounds in the magazine and autoloading holster. You basically pull it out, blast off the 9 rounds for giant damage, swap to something else for a bit, wait for the autoloading "kathunk" and repeat.

I won't argue against Witherhoard or some of the others being strong/stronger but again if you want to take advantage of the gun in its best form in this lifetime, I would get going so it can complete while you play for the next 3-12 months. This is assuming you can get more shards to round out some of the others and this won't be like the only thing you get from the kiosk this year.

^^ Yes, suffer through getting the witherhoard catalyst, it's another game changer to lay down some goo, switch weapons and go to work, then be able to swap back with another gooball in the chamber.

uwaeve fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Nov 12, 2021

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Majere posted:

ok cool. Solo seems like a bit of a slog but with a fireteam it should be easy. I will never get the solo flawless completion because I have never made the last jump to get into the ship from outside. Even with titan floaty boots my dude just bounces off invisible walls and suitcases floating around.

Be glad to drag you (or anyone) through master for the catalyst, normal for the scannables or show you all my little tips and tricks if you’re going after the flawless specifically, or any combination of those.

As the aboveposter mentioned, having a few runs in normal can help before going for the catalyst. Hop on discord, I always have Rhombus in the name, or add me in-game Colonel Rhombus#2556.

EVERYONE should experience presage and it will make me sad and personally offended if people don’t get to see it because they don’t feel like they can/should or think teaming up is scary or bothersome. I will talk or not talk, go slow or go fast, basically solo it or provide wells/rifts/healing grenades for you, I’m pretty flexible.

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

AzureSkys posted:

A little tip that saved me lots on Presage is at the garbage compactor spot, if you fail to destroy the three energy things, you can survive the squish by jumping high right before it closes all the way. I usually go to the end under where you drop down and as the edges of the wall get about shoulder width jump up. You sorta float as it closes then drop down with a 2nd chance.

There’s also a spot at the end opposite the switch where you stand in the center against the wall and the walls just squeeze you up and don’t kill you. If you sorta scrub back and forth pushing along that wall you will find the zone in the dead center of the wall where you move like an inch further into the wall/away from the switch. You’re safe there, let the power of faith lift you up and deliver you from compaction.

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
This may be common knowledge but I was doing the lure-reset thing to get my dawning essences, and my Leviathan's Breath catalyst completed in the background. I was never focusing the catalyst progression, in fact the catalyst progression wasn't even an option, I think I was doing Friction Fire. Each run seemed consistent with the 15% progress I got when I did focus the LB catalyst in the past.

15 Dawning Essences per CryptoHunt without consuming Lure Charges.

Process is:

Fill your lure with
Slot 1: Xillox
Slot 2: The empty jar
Slot 3: Anything

Go to Dreaming City, interact with giant buttplug, kill the ogre, get the trail.

Follow the trail, find the interactable object, interact and enter instance.

Go to your lure and reset it (by hovering over first slot, there should be a Reset Lure option). This refunds your materials and charge.

Go finish the instance, get your 15 Dawning Essence and (maybe) 15% Leviathan's Breath catalyst progression in the background.

edit: I'm a moron, it's in the LB catalyst instructions that defeating high-tier Wrathborn with ANY weapon grants progress...

Anyhow leaving this just in case someone needs handholding to farm Dawning Essences.

uwaeve fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Dec 15, 2021

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
If you can grab a thrallway checkpoint, you can have a low-effort limitless supply of a lot of the blue ingredients. Solar and Taken are full afk with a bottom tree solar titan: stand in a corner, punch something, the end. Jump or shoot every 5 minutes so you don't get disconnected. There are places to stand where the thrall just run at you in a line, so many of the weapon-specific ones or elemental ones are pretty low-key. Autorifle with subsistence and some ammo finder/scavs for whatever you're working on will keep you topped up. You can even switch in and out weapons to build up huge piles of special/heavy bricks on the floor, then switch to something you are using like Telesto or Anarchy or whatever. If you get into trouble, punch or thermite nade your way back to full health. The bricks go away if you die though, so just play it safe.

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Marzzle posted:

it's the only sparrow that can make the charon's crossing jump therefore it's totally justified :colbert:

FYI all the 160s can make the jump if you reboost at the start of the ramp...but that doesn't take away from the fact that AOT owns bones and should be high up on any list of "stuff to spend spoils on."

For anyone asking about the kiosk, Discord D2 savant vykromond maintains this kiosk guide which I have always found super helpful. All credit to vyk, I had nothing to do with it. I can't figure out how to inline the image and keep the link intact, sorry.

In other news, would anyone benefit from a lazygoon's farming guide for the Dawning stuff? I won't go through the effort if no one cares, but it's fairly easy to bypass some of the tedium. The biggest thing is Essences using lure resets or fireteam shenanigans, which I got from the below video, but I can also writeup my dumb thrallway tips which are good for ingredients and catalysts and other tedious things. I believe just playing the game normally will have you complete all the Dawning stuff you need, this is more for efficiency and if you're going to need tons of ingredients to farm bright dust using the repeatable bounties.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJqjCcawMy0.

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Sywert of Thieves posted:

Also:

what the gently caress? 🐔

https://www.destinypedia.com/Colonel

There’s even an Ace of Spades ornament called “Salute to the Colonel.”

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
PSA: Ada-1 is selling the Powerful Friends mod today. If you don't know what this is, go buy it, it's something everyone should have and it isn't on sale often. If you look at it and can't figure out why you should care, the answer is that this plus another mod, Radiant Light, when equipped together in a loadout give you +20 Mobility and +20 Strength.

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

actionjackson posted:

how do I stop overshooting the time extender on the last dungeon mine on the left?

From memory, there’s an extender on the right just prior to the room with the launchers. Hitting that and choosing the right hand (low) launcher has worked well for me. The left (high) launcher I usually have to dismount as I land and drop down on foot, or I get tangled up in crystals on the sparrow as I drop down.

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
Hey if any of you guys need Gjallarhorn or the catalyst, I will gladly sherpa or carry you through the dungeon. Get in discord and search Rhombus (preferably) or my Bungie name is Colonel Rhombus#2556 (with the space included). No voice needed, if you want you can jump every four minutes so you don't get busted to orbit. It won't be fast but it will get done.

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Majere posted:

I'd be down for a catalyst run. I didn't think the dungeon was that difficult with goons.

Sent you a PM. For the catalyst you have to do more than jump once every few minutes, but we technically only need to complete the cannon encounter, not the final boss. I'm down either way!

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
For those trying to get exotics from Legend Lost Sectors, Le Monarque partially or completely trivializes the Dreaming City ones. Bunker E15 you also get a ton of help from the robot buddies. I realize most people reading know this, but you can target farm armor slots by having your inventory engram slots full, and the exotic from the LLS will drop as an engram in the postmaster. It will decode to the armor type offered by the MASTER list sector at the time you decode it. Doesn’t make any sense but there you go. So stuff your engrams full (override is a relatively good way to get 1-2 umbrals per run), farm whatever LLS you want to get as many postmaster exotic engrams as you can stand. Then wait until the day when the Master Lost sector offers the armor slot you want, and pull an engram from postmaster to inventory and decode. This decouples the lost sectors you can easily DO from those offering the armor slot you want.

Hit me up and I will help you with load outs and run you through to show you some tips for each. I’ve ground a ton of these being under light for them. -20 is about my limit, if you can get to -15 or -10 I should be able to learn you enough to get it done.

All champions that spawn have to die to give you the best chance for exotic drop, no skipping the last guys to rush the chest.

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

actionjackson posted:

does anyone need to finish realmwalker still? i just realized i just need to finish two of the realms on legend, and then get some caches and mysteries. it's kind of dead on the bungie fireteams thing since people are doing 30th anniversary stuff

Colonel Rhombus needs legendary Forest (this week) and moon shattered realms. Can’t for the life of me solo them.

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

actionjackson posted:

^^ sounds good! maybe tomorrow?

are you talking in the third person or are you referring to someone else

my bungie name is im80andgay#1459 either way

i did try soloing legend but it's insanely enough with each shield type, even with arbalest the beacons really suck balls because you have knights spamming fire all the time

Talking about myself, bungie name Colonel Rhombus#2556

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

fast cars loose anus posted:

Also one of the things that makes it odd is that there just aren't sidearm ammo finder/reserve/scavenger mods because, I assume, this is the first one that doesn't use primary

They’re in-game, for whatever reason they don’t show up in like DIM or the Destiny app. I don’t know if everyone just got free access or what, because I don’t remember getting any new mods but I definitely ised finder and scav when dicking around getting the Forerunner cat done. Reserves exist in game too.

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
The triumph for the title is three sets of scannables. You can do one set each week. You want to make absolutely sure you’ve got all you can before reset. The next week’s being interactable depends on you getting the entirety of the “current week” set. The current week is just tied to your completion, it’s not like a rotation or anything. Hit me up if you want help before reset, we can figure out what set you’re on and ensure you get them all. Then after reset you can do the next set.

The 12-part lore thing where you use data pads to open secret compartments is the per-completion thing, the end of which is a cool room and one Ascendant Shard. I don’t know if you still need to do this, but when I was doing it, you needed to claim a lore page, THEN claim a triumph that was not marked as new each time to get the next datapad to be interactable. Or something like that…point is, on each completion check the lore pages and triumphs, then go back and check them again if you’re not getting interactable data pads.

I’m Colonel Rhombus#2556, glad to run you or anyone through this.

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Pirate Jet posted:

All three classes! And yeah, that trick too. I’m doing Bunker 15 today but honestly yesterday was that other Europa Lost Sector, the one that ends with the big Fallen boss? And I found that to be even shorter and easier. I’ve been using a Chroma Rush for anti-barrier, Le Monarque, and a Reed’s Regret with Triple Tap.

Big lol if the drop rate thing is true, I’ll have to try it tonight after work.

Dude if you wait for dreaming city lost sectors you can burn through legendaries very easily with le monarque, it basically trivializes all three from what I remember.

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
I’m glad to help people get Dead Man’s Tale or Gjallarhorn (or their catalysts). Presage is like half hour, Grasp is longer but can be pretty fast if you let me be greedy with the debuff (collecting 10 stacks immediately refills my Well).

This goes especially for newer/returning/underlevel players, idc how bad you are, how much you die, how useless you feel, everyone should have these fun-rear end weapons and see what is some of the coolest content in the game. Bungie name Colonel Rhombus#2556, or search up Rhombus in the Discord in the OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, I regularly 2-man the 1350 and 1320 Lake of Shadows with my kid, I’m p sure we can get you some hung juries. Obv no promise on rolls but at least you’ll have some. According to the ingame activity thing the weapon drop is the same chance in 1320 so let’s do some of those.

The grasp boss is soloable so we can grab a checkpoint, shuffle characters, and get you some cracks at Eyasluna.

Join discord!