Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
Part of the process of creating the Exos was destroying their original bodies. Seeing thier human bodies caused bad reactions. And there is lore that states a potential Gaurdian's physical reamins can be destroyed thouroghly enough that initial Ghost ressurection is no longer possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

AzureSkys posted:

Regarding cursed things, does the hunter helmet Assassin's Cowl require something specific to do? I've gotten most exotics to drop a whole bunch of times through various activities (I have gotten about 6 Graviton Forfeits for example) but only have had this drop once a while ago with crumby stats.

You first get it from Ikora when you complete the Shadowkeep campaign. It's not in the loot pool until then.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

For solo Hunter PvE I've been running Sixth Coyote with 100 mobility on top tree void with an elemental well to charged with light set up. Mods are Reaping Wellmaker, Elemental Charge, Supercharged and Well of Utility.

Reaping Wellmaker drops a void well on your first weapon take down after dodging, Elemental Charge gives you charged with light when you pick up a well. Since the well matches your subclass you get energy for all abilites and two stacks of charged with light and Well of Utility gives even more energy for dodge.

Fill that out with Lucent Blade and Passive Guard for anything you can get at with The Lament or Protective Light for survivability. Keep dodging and you'll basically always have four stacks of charged with light for either four stacks of Resist when your shields are broken or four stacks of Keened with Lucent Blade which nets you 20 seconds of bonus damage with The Lament.

As long as you can hit the 100 mobility for dodge uptime you don't even need particularly good armor for this build. Dodge invis is your recovery and picking up wells takes care of melee and grenade energy.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

During the campaign the patrol zones are used for grindy mission steps between instanced story missions and strikes. All the good seasonal activities have been instanced as well as raids and dungeons.

Patrol zones are just another concept Bungie copied over from MMOs with no real thought of why or how they would fit in this game and engine. But MMOs have open zones so Destiny has to have opens zones (and stats and materials and currencies). Just don't move between areas too quickly because we can't load other players in that fast.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

Astrochicken posted:

So if savathun kept her end of the bargain then it stands to reason that she will also still help us fight the black fleet.

Savathun isn't helping anyone beat anything she is just using us, same as she used the last of the line of Oryx on the moon. If she moves against the black fleet it will be because it serves her ends. She wouldn't have let her worm remain with Mara if it was worth a drat to us. She wanted to be rid of the worm because she believes she has seen something beyond light and dark - the end of all things - and a way to control it, or become it. We are tools to her, nothing more.

sunday at work fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Feb 16, 2022

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

They think of Gambit as a Horde Firefight mode?

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

Removeing caps on all materials that stack and doubleing the size of the Engram inventory would solve most of my problems with inventory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

Hopefully Sony announces an offical paddle attachment. I don't know how I got by without this thing. Two generations in a row now without back buttons on the controller.