Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
ikelost opportunity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Bideo James posted:

love to make a game for streamers to sit and meltdown about

Don't forget to read his novels!!

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
the range where Bungie sent its Destiny developers specifically to learn to shoot real guns (West Coast Armory) has Destiny posters signed by all the devs hanging prominently throughout the facility, fwiw

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Paracelsus posted:

Looks more like a puma to me.

Chupathingy.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
As long as we're talking about gimmick exotics, I love Fighting Lion in Crucible and rarely run shotguns at all.

(This is in part because I missed getting Felwinters. I am still mad.)

I pair it with a True Prophecy that has Explosive Rounds / Rangefinder for cleanup*. For those who don't know it, it's a Void breach-loading single-shot grenade launcher... that uses primary ammo. I got gud with it while grinding for Mountaintop, and since it is a primary (white) ammo weapon, you can be profligate with ammunition.

It's not just a weapon, it lets you kill shotgunners around corners and behind TItan barriers, and doubles as a sensing device - wanna probe that tunnel? Sound it with grenades and detonate them at various ranges, watch for numbers to appear. Send more grenades until you get a kill notification.

* Kinetic weapons get a bonus to stability and accuracy for a short interval after firing, so it cleans up

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

quote:

Fusion Rifle usage is very low, and they feel like an unreliable choice in Crucible compared to Shotguns.

Increased Fusion Rifle damage falloff start distance based on Range stat. (6% with 0 Range, 16% with 100 Range)
Reduced camera movement from firing a Fusion Rifle by 9.5%.

Breech Grenade Launcher usage is very low (outside of Mountaintop). We believe part of the reason is that the loop of "hold the trigger to arm, then release to detonate” is challenging to execute, particularly since projectiles can bounce off targets if the trigger is held

Breech Grenade Launcher projectiles will now detonate on impact with a character, even if holding the trigger.

voop voop. fusion rifles need a bigger buff though imo, like maybe charge time

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
What warlock exotic would you pair it with? I confess I always run Ophidians in crucible because I'm addicted to the extra melee range from long years maining Attunement of Hunger, but I also nearly always use Fighting Lion.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Kith posted:

when i had a warlock i ran Obsidian Apsect with the Walczący Lew because i just wanted to reload as quickly as possible, but also because after many hours of Knockout being active i got used to having an extended lunge range. outside of that, pretty much every example on the website is solid

The .... the what now?

And what website?

The Obsidian Aspect? What's that?

In short, what?

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Republicans posted:

Will shatterdive still kill a dude that's frozen?

Speaking as the frozen, I can't even tell there was a nerf, hunters are bullshit

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Something occurs to me looking at the calendar in that TWAB, where it says about the quests for Aspects opening up.

What if you have to unlock the fuckers every season? We've been assuming that they'll just release new ones and let us keep the ones we already have.

What if we lose this season's aspects and they release a bunch of new ones we have to earn? It would be entirely in keeping with the design principles of content rotation, seasonal bonuses, and pissing off the playerbase.

Aiat.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Grimthwacker posted:

I got Salvation's Grip, so now I have to find Entropic Shards. . . it would be nice if I knew what they looked like. Bungie's usually good at avoiding the "Here's something you should already be familiar with that you need to find" quests.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/destiny-2-entropic-shard-locations-aspect-of-control-7004

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Azubah posted:

Braytech org can link into your account and tell you what you're missing.

thank you for reminding me this exists, now I will finally go get frostpulse :V

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
new exotic bow review:

ehhehe it ticuus

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Mesadoram posted:

Yeah I think I just misunderstood what it meant. The grenades explode when they hit enemies, but the way I read it, I thought they exploded when they hit anything. Kinda like the way the rocket launchers work.

I'm glad they did it this way. It would ruin FL if you couldn't bankshot with it.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Oh poo poo, outbreak and whisper are in the exotic terminal now. Missed that on the patch notes.

Outbreak and whisper and Felwinters.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

ClydeFrog posted:

This season pass is going so quickly - I hope there is some more story style stuff coming as I really enjoy lore in games and the levels of sass coming from Crow towards Saladin is great. I just finished Disco Elysium so now I need something else to help scratch a deep story itch. Suggestions very welcome.

May I humbly recommend The Four-Part Novel Series Baru Cormorant?

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Paracelsus posted:

Major server issues atm, I've seen reports of power outages near Bungo HQ.

I'm "near Bungo HQ". There is no power outage, the servers are just hosed.

The Puget Sound Energy map showing an outage that's making the rounds on twitter is clearly dated "2/18/2021" fwiw

Kesper North fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Feb 21, 2021

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Using Ticuu in PVE makes this game start to feel like Warframe when you tag a whole bunch of enemies and then cook them off with matched-shield explosions. Some of the segments on Europa in particular whey're they're bottled up in a tunnel you can wipe entire waves with a few well-placed shots.

Good poo poo.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Yo I can't believe how bad the new Iron perks are on the Time Worn Spire holy poo poo lol

Isn't it ironic

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
delete the blues, OP

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

J.A.B.C. posted:

But does it have Trench Barrel?

Trench Barrel got nerfed, so it might have to be Moat Bore

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

PathAsc posted:

Cool, Amanda holiday blinks forever on the map.

She's on Holliday. It's festive!!

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
I did the Ticcu catalyst in one round of Crucible... and I still can't fill a Trials card. Trials is some next level poo poo, idkwtf

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

SkyeAuroline posted:

Are 1270 NFs even worth it? Rest of my group minus one hasn't hit a high enough PL for 1300s, so I've been running 1270s for cores/prisms (and all the legendary shards I can squeeze out of drops), but Bungie seems to have a wildly different definition of "uncommon" for the other rewards.

I've gotten between 2 and 5 drops of each of the Nightfall weapons after running at most 15-20 Nightfalls at 1270. This week, I got two nice Shadow Price roles on my second 1270 run. My 1300 runs, for 100K/pinnacles, dropped the proverbial "two tokens and a blue".

That's the nature of RNG. You're just unlucky, fren!

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
I didn't finish Shadowkeep. How much of it do I have to actually do to get Xenophage?

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Sestze posted:

Theoretically none of it. You follow the steps for the exotic quest and run Pit of Heresy with some willing bros. Takes all of 40 minutes to an hour.

Sweet! Guide says Pit needs to be "unlocked", which I thought might mean running through whole or part of the expansion.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

PathAsc posted:

I swear it feels like power is turned on in Crucible. Why are my shots anemic from a goddamn linear fusion

One hit kill on headshot.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
I just don't feel 140s anymore. 120s have been my thing since THE DUKE. My Crucible mainstay the last couple of seasons has been a True Prophecy with Rangefinder, Explosive Rounds, Steady Rounds and range masterwork. It's always on Fighting Lion cleanup duty.

:dadjoke: I guess this means I pick up kitty litter with TP :dadjoke:

Kesper North fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Mar 10, 2021

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
to make you run it weekly, OP

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

SkyeAuroline posted:

Looping around from yesterday, with appreciation for the folks that pointed me towards Discord, and DSC commentary:
Wouldn't it have been easier for Clovis to just put the failsafe in or near the DSC instead of relying on something in space that can be disarmed by putting explosives in trash bins?

Should have put the failsafe on Nessus so that Failsafe could have a friend.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

SkyeAuroline posted:

I want to give her a friend. Too bad Bungie won't let me play any of her story content despite all of Nessus still being in the game. That would be "too confusing" after all.
God that's the most bullshit corporate excuse I've heard in game dev in a long time. I had hopes the game would be moving in a positive direction but that's a giant red flag.

Are you serious??! Man. The Nessus section was one of my favorite parts of the base game. Nessus has always been my favorite planet, too.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

SkyeAuroline posted:

Yup. All that remains of Nessus currently is the strikes, the two battlegrounds this season, and the patrol zone. You can do Failsafe bounties but everything she gives is long sunset.
Same deal with the EDZ, though I think you do one thing in New Light there.

Actually seeing Nessus is part of what sold me on Destiny aesthetically. It's just beautiful and not cookie cutter scifi environment.

Well now I'm mad. Also still mad that I lost Asher Mir, my snark prince. His strikes were likewise my favorites.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

PathAsc posted:

Found some cool new bugs on the shore where completing events doesn't count to open the chests.

Owns

The Darkness encroaches on The Postmaster...

Can you spot the Falling Guillotine in this image?

These aren't bugs, these are loving skreebs

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Goons get a bad rap from a lot of places but they're generally a bunch of dang caring tryhards, darn their jolly socks.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

J.A.B.C. posted:

So, one of the seasonal challenges is to earn Pyretic for the Salavager's Salvo. But I already earned it. Is there a way I can get this to trigger or do I have to do the whole thing over on another character?

It triggered for me upon equipping Salvager's Salvo after the patch.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Kith posted:

incredible. absolutely unbelievable. god bless EVE stories

This is in no way the first time CCP has had to do this because of this player:

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

just the things I've done/discovered that got removed / super nerfed (in rough order)

1) hyperdunking (direct game mechanics change)
2) drone spam hyper dunking (officially declared an exploit)
3) shuttle hyper dunking (officially declared an exploit)
4) grid-walling and ganking freighters in grid spot (indirect nerf)
5) three CCP EHP buffs to freighters (yes, three)
6) 3 minute bump timer / career bumping (direct game mechanics change)
7) concord and factional police spawn positions (direct game mechanics change)
8) burst jamming (direct game mechanics change)
9) burst jammers disable interdiction nullification (direct game mechanics change)

Cease to Hope posted:

After a hasty patch, nullified interceptors won't be able to run burst jammers.

Also they hosed this nerf up, so you can still fit it with two MAPCs

Kesper North fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Mar 19, 2021

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

RocketRaygun posted:

Hey friends, eve chat in the eve thread thanks.

eve chat is absolutely sword logic at its finest though, i mean talk about games that make you want to say "aiat"

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Got three honest wins and a couple of okay to decent Igneous Hammer rolls today, my first Trials three-win in um ever :unsmith:

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Bideo James posted:

Wow! Cool tank!

*fighting for glory in ritual combat is actually bad*

is there a second one on an elevator platform by chance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Meiteron posted:

The Cabal have learned from their losses in the Red War and they had their best military minds sit down and think real hard and came up with the much better idea of actually guys just send out both tanks at the same time

I laughed so loving hard when I saw the answer ingame