Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

I stopped playing late 2019, but some friends of mine didn't. If I wanted to run VoG with them once it's available what all would I need to buy / do to do so?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Aight, redownloaded. Poor chillbear.

Assuming I'm never going to tryhard pvp with some old gun rolls, there's no reason to hang on to all of the sunset crap in my vault, right?

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Just wait 'til you roll a hunter. And I say this as a D1 vet warlock main.

Did they ever fix all the hunter cloaks being boring poo poo?

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

hiddenriverninja posted:

There are very few cloaks in D2 that rise to D1 levels of dopeness

Guess I'm staying a warlock.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Mercifully, Bungie let us mute voice lines separately from anything else in the game. Someone on the team knew they sucked.

With transmog coming and me coming back to this game, I'm disappointed I didn't get all the Leviathan gear. There just wasn't much point at the time :(

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Transmog is coming and I didn't get all the Leviathan gear, since all gear was boring then :(

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

PathAsc posted:

Most of D2 should've been a copy paste from D1 overall tbh.

:emptyquote:

Destiny as a single live game is a much better model than whatever the original one was, but man why couldn't it have been D1 that was the base.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Sekenr posted:

Decided to d some fashionframe, Luxe set looks pretty ggod by itself but I found that it does not look good with any shader whatsoever so I decided to go instead with the most eye bleeding look possible, here is preliminary result

Hello Ms. Kahlo.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

RocketRaygun posted:

The expansions are currently on sale, for those of you waiting for them to go on sale.

50% off Forsaken and Shadowkeep
25% off Beyond Light
40% Legendary Edition (all expansions + current season)

There's a 100% chance I'll need beyond light + season to play VoG next season, isn't there?

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

RocketRaygun posted:

no idea, but given the fact that they did that for the strike this season, I would expect it.

Honestly, the BL Deluxe Edition is a pretty solid buy if you are enjoying the game. The seasons aren't going away, so you can always come back to that content later in the year. Witch Queen/Year 5 wont start until this time next year, so you've got plenty of time to come back to content you decided not to play for whatever reason.

That's probably what'll happen, but I'm about to hit the pinnacle grind and having more destiny content after risks distracting me from the trillion other games I have to play. I literally only picked it back up to play VoG again; getting rid of sunsetting and the accompanying philosophy shift makes me willing to engage with it beyond that, but I'm still not looking to do any grinding ever again.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

RocketRaygun posted:

They removed the power grind from future seasons too, so it'll be even less rear end/grindy than before. The philosophy shift and accompanying game mechanic differences are night and day. For example, I can't stand gambit, and being able to do all the gambit challenges in one go is super nice.

I meant like gun rolls n ritual weapons n poo poo, I'm looking to raid because raiding is fun. All the changes they've made recently seem very positive. I was pissed as hell when they took away content I had paid for, but if it had been a 100gb+ download instead of 60 I wouldn't have even bothered, so even that has an upside.

I still wish D1 was the base game for foreverdestiny, but that may be rose tinted glasses. Or I may still be pissed about the capes.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Better than D2Y1's 'every gun is boring'. But yeah, that was bad.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

There were a bunch of sweet, completely broken perks in Y1, that they then retroactively removed from guns since they were completely broken.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

hiddenriverninja posted:

I just want to know how costly/grindy transmog is going to be.

Enough that they're selling the currency for it, but given that they also sell upgrade modules, I have no idea what that actually means. My gut says 'rather'.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Should I claim my IB bounties before the reset?

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Mesadoram posted:

Yup it was just a pub. I wasn't even doing "bad", I was just not catering to their every need.

Sounds like its time to send them messages advertising other twitch channels for their chat to see.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Just realized the transmog doesn't do weapons. I guess that would mess with sights and stuff, but it also means I don't care about it, besides general disapproval of the handling.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

These are all fine points and all, but I want to use my Calus guns. Say what you will about the man, you can't deny he's got style.

Also they already made all of the interesting looking armor into ornaments, since it was all from eververse to begin with.

Waffle House posted:

Dear Bungie,

Please just incorporate transmog into an aesthetics overhaul and make it effortless rather than adding another materials grind, and maybe even give it a new UI page. I actually have lost track of how many activities I'm "supposed" to be doing in this game and the ends they're means for. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You're "supposed" to be spending more money.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Less than 600 infamy from legend and multiple games in a row, we take a commanding lead and at less than 10 motes from the primeval they just don't bank, giving the other team the time they need to come back and win. So frustrating.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

hiddenriverninja posted:

Why didn't you bank?

Also infamy legend rank requiring wins to progress sucks when neither of the other core activities do. *finds monkey's paw*

I didn't have any motes / had already banked mine, was invading / killing blockers / too late to the enemies.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

The fact that they haven't offered leads me to believe it's a deeper structural issue.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Firebert posted:

I would love like...3 more weapon slots each for kinetic/energy/heavy

Really hate having to constantly bring up DIM

Could be worse, you could have an old legend of acrius eating a heavy slot.

I haven't logged in all week, any reason to do so before the season change?

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Now that the seasonal armor is no longer in the seasonal rewards, am I right in thinking there's no way to unlock it for transmog without buying the season pass?

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Right but, you need the season pass to do override, right?

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Mesadoram posted:

Neato. That would be super useful as every quest is always a rush to kill steal from everyone else.

Can you get banned for something like this?

Last Jan they said they wouldn't, but could change their mind. I feel like it would be big news if they did.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

RBA Starblade posted:

It seems like a bad idea now to keep a group called the future war cult around when waging and worshiping war has a chance to summon the demon hellbug war goddess to ruin your day

On the other hand their design aesthetic owns

They don't do either. They have some magic machine that shows you the future and everyone who goes into it sees a vision of an apocalyptic war and goes insane. They're dedicated to finding someone they can put in the machine who will see a way to survive this war.

Changing FWC from purple to blue is the worst thing Bungie did with D2.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

I've always figured dying in a darkness zone 'canonically' resulted in your ghost getting smashed. You don't rez and there's nothing to defend the ghosts from the enemies all around.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Coming to an eververse near you: celeb voice packages.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

SkyeAuroline posted:

Every time I hear "Destiny 1 had better writing than 2" (usually with someone pointing at Cayde as an example) I just think of the D1 strikes' Ghost dialogue and laugh.

Be careful, it's power is dark.

I'd take dinklebot over nolanbot any day though.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

PERMACAV 50 posted:

I may be wrong on this but I could swear if you’re the second one to grab it off the wall, it doesn’t complete the “pick up heavy ammo” bounty even though you do get ammo.

It doesn't, but tha'll are taking about the IB quest that need heavy kills.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I'm happy and surprised that they didn't just copy paste VoG from d1

But I'm disappointed that the changes all seem to make it less fun

We'll see how it feels with a little more practice but it's not a very fun raid as currently in the game

This is disappointing but not surprising.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

The reduced footprint was a key factor in my willingness to reinstall.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Bideo James posted:

if they can actually shift the light classes over to this system and give a lot more flexibility, it might make the already existing plethora of exotics useful.

You only get the upgraded light classes if you buy the "Whoops, back to Light" expansion.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Semi-relatedly, did they take the seasonal ornaments out of the BD pool or is it normal for none to have come up yet?

Also lol at the BD system.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

RBX posted:

Zen Moment does not modify the stability stat. It decreases the recoil angle and reduces the kick of the weapon and stacks up to 5 times.......

What does the stability stat do?

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Ive still got the starter gear, I wonder how IB is when you're at 0?

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Turns out I don't have a 0 heavy, I suspect since you got it above level 1 it got bumped at some point since I don't have any white heavy. So I used a legend of acrius that never had it's quest completed that I can't vault, for 150 power. It's hard to tell if I could hurt anyone since the damaged sidearm bucks like a mule and everything one tapped me. 10/10 git good streamers.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

I've said it before, and will say it again time and time again, but I'm still constantly disappointed fwc dropped the purple. It went from this super funky 70s thing to a real meh color scheme.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Kith posted:

also new monarchy sucks because they bullied hawthorne

Bullying Hawthorne is cool and good though.

I don't remember if Hawthorne ever got more characterization than "mad at the immortal supermen that are the only reason humanity isn't extinct for ... reasons?".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Anyon got the numbers on outlaw vs kill vs multikill vs swashbuckler? I need to know which one to keep in my vault never to be used if I have to choose between otherwise identical guns.