Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

CottonWolf posted:

The worst thing about Red War going away is that there's now nowhere that this track plays.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYfe9caNqfA

:agreed:

Lovely performance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

I am glad Io is going away because Asher Mir is annoying and I probably won't hear him as often. Goodbye yellow planet rick sanchez, you will not be missed.

Asher is GOAT, fooooool.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

I will miss Mars. EP was the best way to kill a week's worth of Banshee bounties in like 10 minutes. Titan was good Eye Candy. gently caress the rest.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

the servers... they weep

That’s not weeping, it’s ugly crying.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

The emblem is....interesting.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

big bloop of light, darkness eatin' the director cutscene, black screen, weasel'd out

see you on the other side

I didn't get the cutscene. I got kicked to orbit and weaseled. gently caress Bungie, tbh. What a mess.

Gladd got weaseled too, and he's imploding.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

Snuffman posted:

When's the pre-load for PC live?

It’s live now.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

You guys still see invasions in gambit? It's been solved that first to bank a hundo is the winner so I typically see a wide open portal for the entire match.

Sometimes you get a blueberry who isn't in the know but they tend to be bad anyway and just get clocked & sent back to their side

I did play a game yesterday where we were severely down because I was playing with choads that only wanted to finish their bounties, but we managed to come down from about a 66% primeval disadvantage to win. That was largely thanks to our invader being pretty decent and theirs being an absolute horse's rear end. I mean we blanked their invader three times in a row. :effort:

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

Scyantific posted:

Stasis continues to be fun in PvP

https://i.imgur.com/TvbCtNu.mp4

:toxx:

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

xzzy posted:

This not being a clean jump is the actual worst part of BL.

https://i.imgur.com/D39bsJQ.mp4

Hard agree.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

Kith posted:

Whisper of Durance is amazing and makes the cold cloud grenade into one of the best area denial/crowd control tools in the game.

Yeah that's the first one I grabbed too. It's really good for PvE.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

Did I break Sun Warrior?

https://streamable.com/53p8ok

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

Horsebanger posted:

where are the phoenix cradles?

In the vault, where they’ve been since the day I got them. :colbert:

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

Ciaphas posted:

So what is Prophecy anyway, I missed the last several seasons. Is it one of the "Dungeons" I heard about at one point?

It’s a really good dungeon. Maybe the best dungeon. So much better than Pit.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

Well, it looks like they've pulled the Vesper of Radius out of commission until they can gently caress it up. Thanks for ruining it, streamers.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

aejix posted:

Cool I do have thunderlord, I'll see how I go with that. Cheers

Wardcliff can be an effective invasion tool too, especially if they are already fighting the primeval.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

Scyantific posted:

Do the Xenophage quest if you have Shadowkeep, it's not long, you can look up most of the steps online, and if you're on PC, plenty of people in the OC discord willing to offer help with actually doing the Pit of Heresy step.

I hated the whole quest. I hate Pit. I hated the mechanics of the Xeno boss fight.

But it was totally worth it for Xeno.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Really liking 3v3 Elimination, which i never played before saint 14 told me to do so.

Whats a good weapon to pair with a chaperone?

Your fist.

Or a pulse rifle.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

Yolomon Wayne posted:

By playing the game, basically.
I honest to god get 1 seraph out of 3 weapon drops, 1out of 4 tops.
And i dunno why, but ikelos snipers to boot.

The AR is my absolute favourite in PvE at the moment, the MG is not really the second coming of christ but workable, the shotgun... mh, ive had better.
The revolver and sidearm i didnt check yet, but the AR is amazing.

Wish there was a sword though.

The sidearm is crazy good.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

RBA Starblade posted:

I took a break off mostly and went to do some nightfalls and lol that I need Forsaken to actually do it this week

Lol at not having the best expansion.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

J.A.B.C. posted:

Asher gonna teach us Vex Construction powers and come back with a Borg Eye, having mastered the Radiolaria. No other change, he's still a grouchy jerk, but now he is a grouchy jerk who can make/command Vex constructs to fight for him, and soon we will too.

This would be so much better than what will probably really happen: Asher comes back to feed us more bounties and busy work.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

abraham linksys posted:

tbf, they were nice enough to do this in a week where mayhem is active and people are grinding iron banner anyways

otoh, I have no idea how to generate orbs fast. I guess also mayhem?
I did Altars with a MW sword and Bow and was done in 15 minutes.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

McLarenF1 posted:

My newbie squad + clan sherpa took almost 2 hours on Garden encounter 1 yesterday including 20+ squad wipes. After that we were able to complete Deep Stone Crypt encounter 1 in like 20 mins with only 2 or 3 wipes. DSC seems to be a lot easier than old raids so far.

Is the Garden boss still bugged?

a pale ghost posted:

Is this a dead game? I want to give it a try but this thread seems doomsayery

Of course not. Ignore 90% of the posts from the past year. It’s a great game. Get downloading.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

Astrochicken posted:

A STRANGE GAME.
THE ONLY WINNING MOVE IS NOT TO PLAY.

HOW ABOUT A NICE GAME OF borderlands 3

:golfclap:

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

It sounds weird, but I’m glad that fewer umbrals are dropping. In Arrivals you could barely finish an activity before your engrams were full and you had to waste a trip to the tower to get rid of them.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

ClydeFrog posted:

This season pass is going so quickly - I hope there is some more story style stuff coming as I really enjoy lore in games and the levels of sass coming from Crow towards Saladin is great. I just finished Disco Elysium so now I need something else to help scratch a deep story itch. Suggestions very welcome.

Cyberpunk 2077 is good for 100+ hours of solid storycraft. Also Baldur’s Gate 3 if you’re into swords.

Edit: I almost forgot The Outer Worlds. Very cool and good storytelling.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

SkyeAuroline posted:

[*] Graviton Lance & Hard Light (grouped because same reason - just don't do much useful that regular legendaries don't for me)

Both good PvE weapons. Grav is super on a voidlock build with Nezerac’s Sin and scatter grenades.

Hard Light is good in certain situations, like nightfalls for example, where you might encounter enemy shields of varying element type. You are a Supercunt if you use it in PvP and will be rightly disowned by the community. With the catalyst it essentially becomes a trace rifle.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

Alkarl posted:

I know its not 'good', but man. Blocking an invaders rocket with Lament with Stronghold equipped in Gambit feels hilariously good. Extra points if they panic magdump into you as you slowly advance and then one shot them with your chainsaw.

May not be meta, but its satisfying and fun.

Meta is boring. You do you.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Does anyone have that list of what shaders to use to make the Europa guns colored like hardware brands?

This thread contains them all.

https://twitter.com/apsisprops/status/1328376137190354945?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

abraham linksys posted:

the worst thing about destiny 3 being canceled is that was the last chance we had to never play the arms dealer again

Destiny 3 Legends Strike

Honestly, I would rather play Arms Dealer 500 times before ever having to play Glassway again. gently caress that strike, tbh.