Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
:sherman:

Who's in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
So let's take a vote. Do we want :sherman: or the one Terrifying Effigies made?

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
Thread needed a better name.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Unibrow posted:

What's the max size on a gang tag?

Okay, this one's got my vote.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
gently caress I'm just gonna wait a couple days because good ones keep coming out and I feel stupid going back to the mod forums saying "nevermind, this is the one we want instead, this time I mean it"

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Eej posted:

Don't know if Canadians are eligible for a tag but we do love ranging South and setting fire to American property

Canadians didn't burn the White House, British regulars who'd never set foot in Canada did.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Eej posted:

It's part of our national narrative it's even in the history textbooks ok

You mean like how US history textbooks say that the Civil War was about states rights? :v:

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Okay, I have a new favorite.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
Okay, tag finalized. I'll get the ball rolling.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Unibrow posted:

:hmmyes:

v3.5 - 1.43MB

e: oops, I was too late...

Fuuuck I like this.

Maybe I can switch out the urls in my upload request before anyone notices

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
I've begun the time-consuming task of getting the tags queued for admin approval.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

ded posted:

Thanks for the tag, but it looks like it broke my AV :lol:

Fix queued. Some of you guys have avs that predate the switch over to BBcode and I forgot to fix it.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Nystral posted:

Please ignore my PM then. Sorry for having an old rear end avatar from 2004 or whatever.

Your fix is also queued.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
If you don't have a gangtag yet, please be patient. I'm going through a page at a time because you guys are really chatty and I don't know how the Radium code house of cards will react to identical title change requests. I do a page, wait for the queue to get flushed, do the next page skipping everyone who already has one, etc.

It's your own faults for talking so much.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
No.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
It's time for an Admin Story!

quote:

Someone PM'd me day one and said I should blank them all and that they are promoting the confederate flag
I sent back "It's burning???"
they asked if it would be okay to have a nazi flag with cool flames around it
I sent "Clearly the flames burning the flag to ash are not hot rod speed flames meant to emphasis the coolness. "
they stopped PMing me

McNally fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Dec 31, 2020

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
Sorry I didn't vet people better before throwing the tag on 'em.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

I got tired of waiting for you to make another post in GIP so I'll just say it here.

Don't post in this subforum anymore.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Behotti posted:

Would it be too later for a Northerner NG Redleg to get an Uncle Billy gangtang to replace my spineless broken spine donation tag?

I can give you the tag but I can't do anything about the (second) donation tag. I think there's a setting in options to turn it off, though.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

M_Gargantua posted:

This has been a long time coming but can someone have an admin update https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/mcnallytag.gif so the first frame is the burning flag, idiots with animation turned off always get confused and angry

They're gonna ask me to provide them with the .gif, but frankly I like the idea of idiots getting confused and angry so I'm torn.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Unibrow posted:

I get a little :kstarehair: when I'm browsing on my phone and see the static tag.
I still have the original, so tuning it up is a snap. This one starts at the "Barbecue Bros" frame:

I'll kick the request upstairs.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
So a couple things:

Even if they swap out the gifs it probably won't make much difference because according to astral, "forum images are set to cache forever with the immutable flag, which means any changes would not be reflected for most people." I'd have to go in and change the tag on every single one of you fucks and that's a lot of work for me and the admins because they gotta approve 'em all.

Secondly, the new gif is poorly optimized. It's 1.42MB compared to the 683K the original is (and astral still says it's a bandwidth hog). If we are going to replace the tag with a modified one it'll have to be a lot smaller. And even then I don't feel like doing that much work lol.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
jfc

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

A.o.D. posted:

Never have I been happier to utter the phrase "Ain't there no more" than for the statue of the Traitor General and his walking dog food that used to darken Tivoli Place (formerly Lee Circle and currently Harmony Circle).

When they take down equestrian statues of Confederates, they should leave the horses.

The horse didn't do anything wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Steezo posted:

If there is a group of people for whom I strongly feel, "gently caress you and the horse you rode in on" applies to, its confederate traitors.

lol ok I can't argue with that