Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
gently caress yeah!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like the new one.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

I’d say do the smiling picture of Uncle Billy but this is otherwise perfect.

I kind of like the historical one...but whatever people here want is good with me. I’m so happy I could bring forth the suggestion for us to unify around Uncle Billy and see it so warmly received. The suggestions people have been doing here are nothing short of amazing. Thank you all!

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Unibrow posted:

:hmmyes: The smiling Sherman was easy, but I'm not sure how to stick the landing on incorporating John Lewis. I can always try...

I love it, but perhaps John Lewis isn’t going to work, or have it occur earlier. It’s just that if not for the message about it being at the end? I wouldn’t have waited to look any longer, Figuring it would’ve been over by then.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

That rules.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah I’m not sure how one can improve it, but I’ve been pleasantly mistaken recently.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

McNally posted:

Okay, tag finalized. I'll get the ball rolling.

Woooooooo

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
As a Civil War history nerd, I can’t state enough how wonderful it is, to see so many people who love Sherman like I do.

Oh for anyone interested in SimSherman, Grand Tactician Civil War is in Early Access. It’s very deep, both individual battles and strategic warfare...also very early access, but the dev actually is constantly working on it and it’s not a from Kickstarter it came.

https://store.steampowered.com:/app/654890

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mustang posted:

I don't know about the infantry branch but armor branch is definitely full of Union fanboys and the first Sherman memes I saw after election day came from a few fellow armor officers from my old unit.

Sweet, that is awesome to know. I figured it was more a thing that came with being a history dork. But considering the role of the Sherman as a tank, I'm not surprised armor dudes are fans, but it's still good to know.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Acebuckeye13 posted:

A great example of this is the B-32 Dominator. An immensely expensive and groundbreaking aircraft that was designed and built as a backup to the even more expensive and groundbreaking B-29, which by itself was the single most expensive weapons program in all of World War II (Beating out the Manhattan Project by over a billion period dollars).

Arsenal of Democracy indeed.

And it still had a ton of variants!

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

McNally posted:

I've begun the time-consuming task of getting the tags queued for admin approval.

gently caress yeah! I didn't even realize that it wasn't just Atlanta, my god it's beautiful.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Thanks McNally

This is just stupendous!

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CBJSprague24 posted:

Oh poo poo, are we? As long as we don't burn Daytona, I'm on board.

Will you accept a drat dirty civvie who survived the Civil War of 2020 in the Election Thread and just restarted watching Ken Burns' Civil War?

e- Damnit, I can't find the up tempo Battle Cry of Freedom from The Civil War to post here.

Man if they accept me, I’m pretty sure anyone can get in.:lol:

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bird food bathtub posted:

The Mar-a-lago peek-a-boo sealed the deal for me.

Yeah that was just...perfect.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

orange juche posted:

When the 17 moron states secede can we make a W.T. Sherman Flyover State Concert Tour shirt?

Why wait? Just make a warning notice version.

Heck a holiday one.

~Uncle Billy's checking his list, checking it twice, and he's bringing kerooooo.....sene.~

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

stevobob posted:

Dang it I wondered where these tags came from

Crazy enough based off a joke post I made...I can’t claim any credit for the amazing design work and McNally getting them all approved for people.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Godholio posted:

I view their stupidity as a comedic opportunity.

:same:

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Would that be from the Huey Newton thread?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RFC2324 posted:

there are a couple of funny ones who didn't know Sherman's full history who got stuck with it, and that makes it all funny as poo poo

thank you again! <3

Yeah, I mean at least I know he hated Jews...but so do a large chunk of the Union General Staff....eh. Pushing in the Confederates poo poo and permanently traumatizing the South makes it worth it.

Honestly I want to crowdfund a statute of him and John Lewis to put in Georgia.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wholeheartedly agree.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RFC2324 posted:

For the record, I think we should leave it in a state that induces rage in people who don't engage in critical thinking

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Can someone get my gang tag back? I lost it when someone gave me an anti-somatic avatar and then once it got reverted, to I hate women…cause mentally ill posters who like reading rap sheets and not clicking the link.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

They’re jealous. Besides we don’t pay for them anyway, so jokes on them.

Also Goddamn that Redtext. Always good to have another member of the club.

:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jimmy Smuts posted:

YES
And poo poo I wasn't tracking that the Saint Javelin gangtag was a thing; it's awesome and I want it

Same and if you have to donate I donated to Saint Javelyn and a loitering munition drone drive in Poland.