Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

shaolin soccer is the best 112 minute puma commercial you could hope for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

I know it’s not specifically an old school Kung Fu film in the traditional sense but Bloodsport is absolutely one of my favorites that fits in that genre. Bolo Yeung rules.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Pragmatica posted:

Kung Fu Zombie is another ridiculous kung fu horror

really regret not starting the list of kung fu movies I’ve watched this year due to COVID

Yeeeeeeeesssssss!!! Not only does it have a Dracula (euro style non hopping vampire) in it but he kicks a dude's head off and drinks from the blood fountain! One of my all time favourite moments in Kung Fu cinema.

Slore Tactician
Aug 27, 2005
MOURN!
The Invincible Armour

Ancient Kung fu master’s secret technique involves him ascending his scrotum. It’s defeated by a one inch punch technique. Utterly ridiculous.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

High Noon at Mega Mountain

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

Pragmatica posted:

Kung Fu Zombie is another ridiculous kung fu horror

really regret not starting the list of kung fu movies I’ve watched this year due to COVID

You're gonna have to review your history or something and post them. I'm sorry that's just the way it is.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

ThePopeOfFun posted:

You're gonna have to review your history or something and post them. I'm sorry that's just the way it is.

99% of this thread, op. and many, many more. some are very bad, and I would not call "cool" so i won't post those. however, almost all of them make me laugh

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
Midnight Pulp has a bunch and some of them stream for free: https://www.midnightpulp.com/

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Master of the Flying Guillotine is crazy as hell and really fun, definitely worth a watch.

Not an old movie but one that channels that feeling perfectly - Kung Fu Hustle. It's a martial arts movie mixed with a live action cartoon mixed with The Naked Gun or Airplane, that's the only way I can think of to describe it. Some seriously good fights in there, my personal favorite is a tailor that uses the iron rings he hands clothes with to create these like... super punch gauntlets.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Masked Avengers is proof that if you speed up films by just a fraction of a second the fights become high art

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

Pragmatica posted:

99% of this thread, op. and many, many more. some are very bad, and I would not call "cool" so i won't post those. however, almost all of them make me laugh

you keep teasing this vast kung fu sea while also barring the gate

LET ME IN I ALSO WANT THE BAD ONES

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

ThePopeOfFun posted:

you keep teasing this vast kung fu sea while also barring the gate

LET ME IN I ALSO WANT THE BAD ONES

Your kungfu isn't strong enough, grasshopper

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

I think it was last year there was a Shaw Brothers marathon on Twitch. I really liked The Deadly Mantis. There are A LOT of good Shaw Brothers movies.

majestic12
Sep 2, 2003

Pete likes coffee

sigher posted:

Jackie Chan's old stuff is dope.
:hai:
mid years stuff is dope too, like Operation Condor, Mr Nice Guy, and Who Am I

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Seconding the Matrix. I think you guys would like it because it's a lot about computers and you seem to like that technology stuff. Check it out.

AOL Keyword: Matrix

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

A Fancy Hat posted:

Master of the Flying Guillotine is crazy as hell and really fun, definitely worth a watch.

Not an old movie but one that channels that feeling perfectly - Kung Fu Hustle. It's a martial arts movie mixed with a live action cartoon mixed with The Naked Gun or Airplane, that's the only way I can think of to describe it. Some seriously good fights in there, my personal favorite is a tailor that uses the iron rings he hands clothes with to create these like... super punch gauntlets.

Both of these movies are so cool and fun. Kung Fu Hustle has soooo many neat characters.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

The blind guys using SOUND WAVES to slice poo poo up was cool too.

Elderbean fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Nov 11, 2020

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

majestic12 posted:

:hai:
mid years stuff is dope too, like Operation Condor, Mr Nice Guy, and Who Am I

I love the fight on top of the roof near the end of Who Am I

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

Papa Kung, Mama Fu

majestic12
Sep 2, 2003

Pete likes coffee

phosdex posted:

I love the fight on top of the roof near the end of Who Am I

it’s one of the best scenes ever. but don’t sleep on the driving sequence

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

Colonel Cancer posted:

Your kungfu isn't strong enough, grasshopper

Who will teach me the ancient art?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Ricky Oh has to have come up right?

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
Here is a legendary link that has all the Shaw Brothers movies, including links to multiple places you can watch online. 90% are available on Amazon Prime (so free).

http://www.shawbrothersuniverse.com/shaw-brothers-classic-film-collection/

some random, no order, top tier shaw bros:
- 8 Diagram Pole Fighter, The
- Dirty Ho
- Flying Guillotine, The
- House of Traps
- Killer Constable
- Opium And The Kung Fu Master
- The Black Tavern

Captain Beans fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Nov 11, 2020

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

The Flying Guillotine is not the same as Master of the Flying Guillotine.

You want the one that starts with a lama in the mountains jumping out of a thatch roofed hut.

Lucid Nonsense
Aug 6, 2009

Welcome to the jungle, it gets worse here every day
Is Zatoichi the Blind Swordsman obscure? I haven't run into anyone else who was into him.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

Captain Beans posted:

- Opium And The Kung Fu Master

lol, this movie is wild and has some very wtf dialogue

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Eighth Diagram Pole Fighter is worth it if nothing else for the outrageously absurd ending wherein the heroes take a "non-lethal" approach, but with video game logic.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Lucid Nonsense posted:

Is Zatoichi the Blind Swordsman obscure? I haven't run into anyone else who was into him.

that's not kung fu! it's chambara. also a fun genre

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

The Story of Ricky Ticky Tembo

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Knockabout is one I really like. It's a late 70s one with Sammo Hung.

It also has one of the most baffling plot twists. And half the fun is in the weird dubbing.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Drunken Master.

Jackie Chan fights a bunch of Imperialist Caucasians who are stealing a bunch of Chinese artifacts while he's bombed out of his mind.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Lucid Nonsense posted:

I liked the old school doughy Zatoichi who blinked way too often, but all the newer ones are kinda 'meh'.

They're not a perfect fit for the OP, since they're certainly a lot less colorful than Shaw Brothers films, but I think most people who like one will usually like the other.

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

Pragmatica posted:

lol, this movie is wild and has some very wtf dialogue

It's also in Netflix!!!

Whoah this got DARK.

ThePopeOfFun fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Nov 11, 2020

defaultluser
Jan 13, 2007

The person can drink sake for the following five reasons. First of all, for the national holiday. Moreover, it fills with the nectar. Finally, for reasons. Next, to heal the dryness of the place. After that, to refuse the future
Fun Shoe

Vietnamwees posted:

Drunken Master.

Jackie Chan fights a bunch of Imperialist Caucasians who are stealing a bunch of Chinese artifacts while he's bombed out of his mind.

You're thinking Legend of Drunken Master.

The original is just an excuse to beat-up assholes/overpaid assassins (also important!

My favorite pure spoof Kung Fu film is A Fistful of Yen

defaultluser fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Nov 11, 2020

Bubsy 3-D 2 Deep 4 Me
Sep 24, 2013

Young Orc

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Riki-Oh: The Story of Ricky is one of the most fun times I've had watching a movie.

It's this op

Fagmaster
Aug 21, 2004

check out golden harvests catalogue, at least in the yearly years there are more than just the Bruce Lee ones.

BRB pooping
Apr 17, 2008
Tai Chi master

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Agreed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SLsA_Opybw

YES THIS IS MY NINJA STAR

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

Grundma posted:

Anything by Godfrey Ho

I missed this post, but I needed to come back and agree emphatically with it. extreme silly and good fights.

ThePopeOfFun posted:

Whoah this got DARK.

kung_fu_movies.txt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
if you still have a cable subscription El Rey runs kung fu movie marathons