Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yo goons

No ones done this yet so Iím going to go ahead.

Post in this thread if youíre down for secret Santaíing this year. Then get a list of crap you want or guns you could use accessories for.

Email your shipping address to me. Cyrano4747 at gmail. Put the subject as ďTFR secret Santa - <user name>Ē so I know who it is.

Do that ASAP because itís already a week into November.

If youíre not in the US say so. Weíll try to hook international goons with each other. If youíre an American who is willing to ship to some strange foreign land say so and Iíll add you to the pool for international shipping.

The suggested amount to spend, as always, is $50. If you want to splurge above that thatís on you I guess but donít be a grinch and spend less.

Iím going to look back at past threads to figure out best practices etc with other poo poo but this should do for now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

Is there a deadline to sign up? I might or might not be able to participate this year, I'm not sure if I'll have the ability to send outbound mail but should find out in a week or two...

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Iím gonna say dec 1 as a tentative deadline. That late and weíre already going to be having poo poo shipped after New Years but with the late start we need to give people a few weeks

Akion
May 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

I'll get in on this. I'll email you later when I'm at home.

Comfy sponk
Mar 30, 2007

Ground floor

I'll have a list is a few days.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"

Could someone post the template? I want to get that figured out first.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

I'm on board and willing to sponsor a Ralphie or two. Will email directly.

I really don't need anything. Last year I got a gorgeous sling that is still in use for rimfire shenanigans.

I'm really mostly interested in neat local stuff - local food, local spirits, local beer.
I think I'm short a 590A1 sling and can always use additional AR slings.
I do a lot of land work - any kind of cool woods tools will always be neat. I've got a whole milk carton of gloves so don't need that. About 20 pairs of impact rated sunglasses floating around.

I'm 5'10", 160 lbs, 30x30 pants. I've got more clothes than I can ever use but if there's a neat t-shirt or something I'm on board.

Just get weird.

To second other people - I have kids and a wife, feel free to send me a dragon penis just don't put it on the box.

mischief fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Nov 24, 2020

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwGHiicMNvA

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

In. So hard.

I love this poo poo. I love y'all.

General wants, in no particular order. Used items are fine as long as they're serviceable:

- FN303 stuff. Mags, projectiles, cleaning kit, armorer's kit, whatever.
- Reloading components, particularly bullets, for .40/10mm (cast lead is okay).
- 10mm brass; once-fired is fine
- Dillon 550 toolheads and toolhead stands, factory is great but 3D printed are fine.
- Ameriglo CAP sights for Glock 17/19/20, and/or SIG P226/P228/P239
- Bulldog discreet rifle/SBR carry case
- UTM ammo.
- VLTOR A5 pistol tube
- Current or expired 35mm, 120, and 220 film (unexposed, just to be clear).
- Factory or Mec-Gar 10-round mags for SIG P226 9mm or .40 (need ten-rounders for when I shoot in Canada).
- Merchandise or artwork relating to the character RO635 from the game Girls Frontline.
- I like all different kinds of coffee and chocolate, though Jelly Babies are my favorite candy. I like flashlights. And Lego-compatible bricks. I usually take a size L or XL shirt, depending on how the sizing runs (generally an L if it's a t-shirt or polo and an XL if it's a sweatshirt or jacket), and I wear a size 7-5/8 hat. I'm a fan of bourbon, whiskey, and sweet meads if you're in a position to ship such things legally.

As far as what I DON'T want - nothing really stands out, but I don't need eyepro or earpro, or brass for 9mm, .40, or .223. And obviously nothing illegal.

Here's a dump of my various wish lists in case you're looking for other ideas or trying for one-stop shopping. Price listed is last known price from that vendor.

Midway USA

- Midway USA Tactical Pistol Case 14" (any color) - 14
- Daniel Defense 32-round AR 5.56 mag - 20
- HSM Bear Ammunition 10mm 200gr. hard cast flat points - 20
- AR-Stoner 9mm extended buffer - 25
- Arisaka MLOK finger stop - 25
- Magpul MOE SL handguard, carbine length, black - 34
- Magpul MOE SL handguard, mid-length, black - 37
- Arredondo +5 extension for Glock 17 - 38
- Apex Tactical +4 extension for SIG P226 .40 mags - 38
- SIG Sauer Short Reset Kit for P226/P228 - 45
- Lyman digital trigger pull gauge - 47
- Doubletap Ammo .357 SIG 180gr. hard cast flat points - 52
- VLTOR A5 AR spring and buffer kit - 54
- Troy Claymore .308 muzzle brake - 55

Dillon Precision

- AR extractor upgrade - 13
- Toolhead stand - 20 (could use two or three)
- AR-15 emergency repair kit - 20
- RL550 toolhead - 22 (could use two or three)
- .44 Mag caliber conversion kit for 550 - 44
- SOS-DL light/mag pouch combo Glock 17/22 or Beretta - 55

1sks.com (goon-run; ask for a goon discount. goon!)

- SpecOps brand tactical checkbook cover - 23
- Pocket survival pack - 27
- BDU pocket organizers - 30 (could use two)

Top Gun Supply

- BladeTech training barrel for SIG P226 or P228 - 12
- P226/P228 SRT kit - 50
- Used mags for P226 .40/.357 - ???

Amazon

- ďPrison RamenĒ recipes and stories book, paperback - 9
- Purple Power cleaner, 40oz - 13
- Streamlight 88053 flashlight Duty Holster - 17
- Lomography 35mm color film - 24-40
- Mini Firefighter All Purpose Fire Extinguisher - 27
- Lyman 7832248 trigger pull gauge - 47

List subject to change.

infrared35 fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Dec 5, 2020

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

infrared35 posted:

In. So hard.

Phrasing!

Atticus_1354
Dec 9, 2006

Don't you go near that dog, you understand? Don't go near him, he's just as dangerous dead as alive.

Holy poo poo it is Nov. I'm in.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

FYI I've got a bunch of emails and I'm purposefully not responding to them right now so I can do a big roundup of who I've got signed up in a little bit.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Just in case I wasn't clear before, I'm in.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Just in case I wasn't clear before, I'm in.

Shoot me an email (cyrano4747 at gmail) if you haven't already.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Just for reference, here's last year's Santa thread:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3903725

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

I'm such a lazy sack of poo poo that the box I was sent is still sitting in my room, it's now where I leave clothes instead of putting them in the dresser.

Akion
May 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

I still regularly wear the Hoody IR35 sent me a few years ago around the house, and also have the .50 BMG bottle opener sitting on my desk.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Shima Honnou posted:

I'm such a lazy sack of poo poo that the box I was sent is still sitting in my room, it's now where I leave clothes instead of putting them in the dresser.

An extra present!

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark

Sign me up

I bought a house and almost died to the ronas so I haven't been doing much shooting, reloading, or much gun related overall so my list is probably going to be short and maybe slightly vague.

Stuff that I would like

- Firearm history related home decoration? Posters? Pictures? I have a lot of bare wall space in my house. I saw a poster that was like a M1 Garand cutaway/patent, that was pretty cool, anything with that historic aesthetic, not modern operators operating operationally with decked out gear tacticool jerkoff stuff.

- leather or canvas? sling for my Remington 870 ONG riot shotgun, the nylon sling that was on mine smelled very strongly of mildew so I tossed it. Mine dates to 1968 so I dont know what would be era/period "correct" for it.

- Starline 458 SOCOM brass

- Clear Lancer AR mags. I like to use different colors for different calibers in my ARs and I only have 1 clear mag for 458 SOCOM shooties

- Brass catcher? The Caldwell Pic Rail Brass Catcher looks neat https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1015055227?pid=779085

ZebraBlade fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Nov 17, 2020

shalafi4
Feb 20, 2011

another medical bills avatar

I'm in!

I'll update/edit the post for what sort of stuff I'm interested in as I think of it. (also need to take stock of what I have currently)

The typical NSFW interwebs stuff is fine, just please keep it all on the inside of the box.

Stuff I could use.

9mm reloading components (don't need dies)
10mm reloading components
9.3mm bullets (no the project still isn't dead. we actually fixed our lathe last month so it's getting even closer muahahah)

10mm Hi point magazines (don't have a carbine yet but it's on my short list)

Tasty local beer/booze. (I tent to shy away from IPA's and super hoppy beers but willing to give it a shot if it's goon approved)

Random pointy things.

Hornady bullet feeder tubes (10mm or 9mm)

Stuff I don't need.

Reloading dies.
Knife sharpening stuff

Stuff if Santa feels like going overboard

Grendel basic brass
https://www.grafs.com/catalog/product/productId/77532 (probably can find elsewhere as well but that's the cheapest I've seen)
seriously this would be awesome

shalafi4 fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Nov 23, 2020

Akion
May 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Stuff I'd dig
A red dot or wood furniture for my 590A1 would be amazeballs
CZ 527 Scope Rings (30mm)
CZ 527 Scope Base (like this)
CZ 527 Mag(s) (7.62x39)

Stuff I can't have
"High Capacity" magazines

Non-Gun Stuff:
Whatever cool beer you like
T-shirt size is Medium
Other hobbies include general outdoors stuff (hiking, biking, fishing)

Sy Borg
Sep 20, 2007

Grimey Drawer

This sounds cool as hell. I love Secret Santas. Will email later when I get home.

Thanks for taking this on!

Edit: Submitted my address to Cyrano. After years of going to the range, I am a relatively new gun owner (Glock 17 Gen 5) As such, extra magazines or a off-brand sight pusher have been on my wish list for awhile. Also, hoodies and stickers are welcome (my dog's travel crate is covered in brewery stickers).

Sy Borg fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Nov 23, 2020

Gray Stormy
Dec 19, 2006

Im in as well.

Ill get an address email out later today, along with a list.

I hope my Ralphie likes knifes!

Gray Stormy fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Nov 13, 2020

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Gray Stormy posted:

Im in as well.

Ill get an address email out later today, along with a list.

I hope my Ralphie likes knifes!

Atticus_1354
Dec 9, 2006

Don't you go near that dog, you understand? Don't go near him, he's just as dangerous dead as alive.

Bumping this thread. Let the spirit of Christmas wash over you like a calming wave as you sink deeper in to 2020.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I'm trying to plan buying Christmas presents and was wondering when this will be good to go?

Not trying to be a source of stress for anyone, but I want to make sure things have time to ship to me, then out to some lucky (Or unlucky. It's all perspective) doofus.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yeah, I'm staring at a ton of emails from you all. I"ll update in the next day or so with a list of who I've gotten. I'll also respond to the emails so you get confirmation there.

Here's my current thinking on the schedule:

Registration closes on Saturday (Nov 21)
Ralphies go out on Nov 22 or 23
Everything should be shipped by Dec 15, tell me if you're falling behind on that and we'll work poo poo out. That's more of a soft deadline to make sure people get their poo poo done than a hard and fast drop dead thing.

People start posting their goodie baskets whenever they feel like (either before christmas, day of, whatever), but it's good form to at least post in the thread when you get something so your Santa isn't F5'ing their shipper's tracking info.

Dec 30 I do the round up to make sure everyone's taken care of and hopefully we don't have to extend things out into the new year.

Sorry for the truncated schedule, we got a late start on it this time around.

edit: so if you haven't sent me an email saying you want to participate, and you want to participate, email me right loving now at Cyrano4747 at gmail

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Also stuck this.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Cyrano4747 posted:

Yeah, I'm staring at a ton of emails from you all. I"ll update in the next day or so with a list of who I've gotten. I'll also respond to the emails so you get confirmation there.

Here's my current thinking on the schedule:

Registration closes on Saturday (Nov 21)
Ralphies go out on Nov 22 or 23
Everything should be shipped by Dec 15, tell me if you're falling behind on that and we'll work poo poo out. That's more of a soft deadline to make sure people get their poo poo done than a hard and fast drop dead thing.

People start posting their goodie baskets whenever they feel like (either before christmas, day of, whatever), but it's good form to at least post in the thread when you get something so your Santa isn't F5'ing their shipper's tracking info.

Dec 30 I do the round up to make sure everyone's taken care of and hopefully we don't have to extend things out into the new year.

Sorry for the truncated schedule, we got a late start on it this time around.

edit: so if you haven't sent me an email saying you want to participate, and you want to participate, email me right loving now at Cyrano4747 at gmail

Heads Up - Certain parts of the country are still having pretty damned slow mail. I use USPS constantly and it's mostly on time, but certain parts of the country are a little slower than normal.

Try your best to factor that in to plans.

Some general shipping info -

USPS - Use first class at a minimum for tracking. Your best bets for USPS are

- Under one pound
- Fits in a flat rate box. Still a little pricey, but a good deal for heavy poo poo. MAKE SURE you tell the postal employee you want the flat rate charge or you'll pay for priority (express) shipping.

FedEx - I hate them, but their rates for large stuff is about a third of the price UPS is charging right now. If you have a weird sized gift, I'd go FedEx.

UPS - Expensive, but they gently caress up less than Fed Ex.

Bottom Line - Get tracking, save tracking, watch the tracking. The sooner you spot a problem the quicker it gets fixed.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Heads Up - Certain parts of the country are still having pretty damned slow mail. I use USPS constantly and it's mostly on time, but certain parts of the country are a little slower than normal.

Try your best to factor that in to plans.

Yeah, given that we started late this year I'm not going to get pissy about people getting things shipped a little late. Basically just make good faith best efforts. Where we will really get worried is if we start pushing into Jan and someone doesn't have their stuff yet. That's rarely been a problem with TFR Secret Santa so I'm not too concerned.

Everyone wants presents on Christmas Day but if your box of novelty dildos and maybe a flash hider or something ends up being a New Years surprise c'est la vie.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Cyrano4747 posted:

Yeah, given that we started late this year I'm not going to get pissy about people getting things shipped a little late. Basically just make good faith best efforts. Where we will really get worried is if we start pushing into Jan and someone doesn't have their stuff yet. That's rarely been a problem with TFR Secret Santa so I'm not too concerned.

Everyone wants presents on Christmas Day but if your box of novelty dildos and maybe a flash hider or something ends up being a New Years surprise c'est la vie.

For what it's worth, I've experienced no slow down with first class shipping (shipping with tracking.) But the people shipping without tracking? That's slow as poo poo right now.

I don't think anyone would opt to not use tracking for this, but the More You Know!

Comfy sponk
Mar 30, 2007

Due to the state of my headspace and stuff right now. I'm going to have to bow out this year.

I still look forward to living vicariously through you all.

LordOfThePants
Sep 25, 2002

Captain Log posted:

For what it's worth, I've experienced no slow down with first class shipping (shipping with tracking.) But the people shipping without tracking? That's slow as poo poo right now.

I don't think anyone would opt to not use tracking for this, but the More You Know!

In the last three weeks Iíve had 4/5 priority mail packages be delayed multiple days. Itís actually 6, but Iím giving the USPS a pass on a delayed shipment of what is probably 40lbs of bullets.

Whatís wild is the one that wasnít delayed was shipped before the election. 100% of my packages shipped after the election have been delayed.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

LordOfThePants posted:

In the last three weeks Iíve had 4/5 priority mail packages be delayed multiple days. Itís actually 6, but Iím giving the USPS a pass on a delayed shipment of what is probably 40lbs of bullets.

Whatís wild is the one that wasnít delayed was shipped before the election. 100% of my packages shipped after the election have been delayed.

What region? Thatís unreal. Makes me think something specifically dysfunctional is happening at the state, or even local Post office, level of things.

LordOfThePants
Sep 25, 2002

Captain Log posted:

What region? Thatís unreal. Makes me think something specifically dysfunctional is happening at the state, or even local Post office, level of things.

Midwest - a lot of my stuff routes through Detroit and I think stuff is getting held up there . I ordered something from eBay last week, it made it from Oregon to Detroit two days, then has been sitting in Detroit according to the tracking for 4 days.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

I'm in. I'm a relatively new shooter so I'll lay out where I am and let my Santa know that if they find themselves thinking "I bet he doesn't even know he needs <X>" then they are probably right.

I have a Beretta Neos (4.5" version), Glock 23, 9mm conversion barrel, and some of the basics (mags, cleaning, ear protection). My plans for 2021 are to get some training and really develop pistol marksmanship. I'm also going to try to find a cheap .22 rifle and do an Appleseed.

I think I could use:
Ameriglo/Truglo G23 sights
EWK sights or cheapo reflex for the Neos
A Glock multi-tool
Targets or training aids
Update: Decided to order a TCR22, so TCR22 or 10/22 accessories or upgrades are good too

If you're feeling non-shooty:
I fish (mostly saltwater pier/surf)
Anything unusual/interesting that's only available in your area, I'm a sucker for that kind of stuff (booze, food/cooking, anything really)

Discussion Quorum fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Nov 24, 2020

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

LordOfThePants posted:

Midwest - a lot of my stuff routes through Detroit and I think stuff is getting held up there . I ordered something from eBay last week, it made it from Oregon to Detroit two days, then has been sitting in Detroit according to the tracking for 4 days.

Yeah, that sounds like the problem. I've not had anything go through Detroit in a while. But I know a lot of places have been behind from the Covid poo poo and they are perpetually unable to get caught up, especially with the holidays encroaching. Oregon was having that problem for a while, too.

But then I have a coin I ordered in Sweden show up in less than a week, somehow.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

In, got my email sent.

I'm new to must gun stuff so little range bag stuff you can't live without would be cool. Otherwise, I collect a lot of old US milsurp so I'm always happy with things related to them. Could really use a reproduction scope cover or tube for a lyman Alaskan scope....

Or just random goon stuff. Too bad goatse mug guy isn't around now.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Last day to get your registrations in if you want part of this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

I can't really do it this year but I will be sending some of your random cards and gifts because I have your address and no one but cyrano has moved.