Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

New box. Used that lovely bayonet to open it. Fun fact, even though I spent some time trying to sharpen it, even then, I slipped and should have cut my thumb pretty hard and it didn't even scratch lmao this knife is so terrible

Well, guess I had my next gun decided for me. Can YOU tell what it'll be??

But not before honoring the last one some more.

Here's some cosmoline pennies and something else who even knows what because cosmoline!

And the fun stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

For an idea just how jacked up USPS is right now, a dice set that was ordered Priority just got to the customer today.

It was in the mail on the 12th.

lmao

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Use and ad blocker and the drop youre additional photos on the screen that shows you the ones you already uploaded. It doesnít ask you to see another ad if you do that.

Iíve had the same Imgur tab open for like a week.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

I uploaded an image earlier and there was a little "exit beta" tab on the bottom right and it made a huge difference. I was getting all kinds of 404 issues, weird poo poo. Older laptop, maybe that was part of the problem.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

My problem with it is it goes "lol oops sorry upload failed" a million times.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"

I don't get any issues from it and I'm using loving Safari.

I'll take that as a win.

Also, The Box. It's taunting me.

:stares at The Box:

:ponders the secrets of The Box:

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Enter the woods, find a friend!

It's impressive just how badly managed imgur is. But on the other hand, I've seen behind their curtain to where the sausage is made so I can't say I'm completely surprised. Surprised there hasn't been a waffleimages replacement by now tbh. We don't need loving comments and a Social Media Experience for dumbass memes, just let us throw stuff into an easily browsed/organized image storage site.

Also oops I thought this was the monthly chat thread anyway yes hi hello I hope y'all are having a fun holiday season

Atticus_1354
Dec 9, 2006

Don't you go near that dog, you understand? Don't go near him, he's just as dangerous dead as alive.

Went to the post office and found a bunch of boxes. Realized halfway through opening that one was from my Santa. Let's just say he absolutely killed it.

First up was a very nice note, a large denomination bill, and some trade goods for the post apocalypse. Also a very nice set of bits that will be a great addition to my tool bag.

Somehow my Santa knew that I grew up near Houston and was a fan of Houston graffiti. He also knew I raise waterfowl and love a good bonking.

And he even included a Christmas book and artisinal dog treats.

Freyja (black) and Ragnarok (brown) went absolutely berserk for the dog treats. I have been accused of having spoiled dogs and feeding them artisinal dog cookies won't help.

Guess who the well behaved dog is.

Show yourself Santa because you are amazing. Also now you know where I live so if you're ever in the area let me know and BBQ is on me and you have an open invite to come shoot at my place.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I need a "Mess With The Honk" patch. Badly.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

My customers are saying USPS tracking has started going non-euclidian, including reverting back to pre-transit after being in transit and being ping-ponged around for up to 11 days between the same two regional facilities. I've also noticed that the PO I use is actually shoving packages off to other POs, taking extra days in the process, before that second PO gets the journey started. It's such a mess lmao

Anyway last time my Ralphie's package had tracking was on the 26th so I hope that poo poo didn't fall into the jaws of the COVIDpocalypse, you know I stuff my boxes as full as I can and this one was no different.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Shima Honnou posted:

My customers are saying USPS tracking has started going non-euclidian, including reverting back to pre-transit after being in transit and being ping-ponged around for up to 11 days between the same two regional facilities. I've also noticed that the PO I use is actually shoving packages off to other POs, taking extra days in the process, before that second PO gets the journey started. It's such a mess lmao

Anyway last time my Ralphie's package had tracking was on the 26th so I hope that poo poo didn't fall into the jaws of the COVIDpocalypse, you know I stuff my boxes as full as I can and this one was no different.

For me, it continues to be a complete mystery clusterfuck.

I'm having some packages show up in less time than estimates. Then I have others taking three weeks to go a few states over.

Lately, it appears anything crossing the Mississippi is hosed.

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark

Shima Honnou posted:

My Steyr L9 tracking still says Pre-Shipment even though it showed up at my FFL yesterday sooooooooo

Dont trust USPS tracking right now.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

Atticus_1354 posted:

Show yourself Santa because you are amazing. Also now you know where I live so if you're ever in the area let me know and BBQ is on me and you have an open invite to come shoot at my place.

Glad you like it! I will confess some of that was good luck rather than informed thoughtfulness. Just not how much of each

I've spent my life living within a stone's throw of I-10 at various points between the LA/MS border and Houston, so that drove some of the selection too.

Captain Log posted:

I need a "Mess With The Honk" patch. Badly.

This is it

They have some other good patches too (plus a handful of Trumpy/problematic patches so I'm not sure they're specifically political)

Shima Honnou posted:

My customers are saying USPS tracking has started going non-euclidian

This package took just about the longest path possible. Made a giant loop, basically.

Atticus_1354
Dec 9, 2006

Don't you go near that dog, you understand? Don't go near him, he's just as dangerous dead as alive.

Discussion Quorum posted:

Glad you like it! I will confess some of that was good luck rather than informed thoughtfulness. Just not how much of each

I've spent my life living within a stone's throw of I-10 at various points between the LA/MS border and Houston, so that drove some of the selection too.

Well you did better than people who have known me my entire life. Your box absolutely made my week and I'm glad you survived your near brush with covid.

And the patch has a place on my chest rig.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Captain Log posted:

For me, it continues to be a complete mystery clusterfuck.

I'm having some packages show up in less time than estimates. Then I have others taking three weeks to go a few states over.

Lately, it appears anything crossing the Mississippi is hosed.

That's nothing.

My buddy works at a corner store, they sent a check to the landlord for rent and it didn't get there for 3 weeks. The landlord lives in the loving city. The next month's rent check got there before the last one did.

Comfy sponk
Mar 30, 2007

Atticus_1354 posted:

Well you did better than people who have known me my entire life. Your box absolutely made my week and I'm glad you survived your near brush with covid.

And the patch has a place on my chest rig.

I have a need for the translucent green lancer mags. My google fu is weak and can't locate them

Atticus_1354
Dec 9, 2006

Comfy sponk posted:

I have a need for the translucent green lancer mags. My google fu is weak and can't locate them

Big Daddy Unlimited. I signed up and bought a pile for me and some friends. If you want a couple PM me and I'll sell you some for cost and shipping.

Comfy sponk
Mar 30, 2007

Atticus_1354 posted:

Big Daddy Unlimited. I signed up and bought a pile for me and some friends. If you want a couple PM me and I'll sell you some for cost and shipping.

pm sent.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

I got a box yesterday! Will open tomorrow once post holiday poo poo calms down. Just wanted to let my secret goon shipper to know

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Was helping clean up christmas crap and found a four pack of spicy beer behind the tree.

It'll go out tomorrow, infrared, my bad. Weird weekend/week so far.

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

This morning a mysterious package arrived, and so did ~9" of snow. Gonna have to shovel after work before I can bust this bad boy open.

Very excite

Edit: actually the boys want to do some ice fishing (aka frozen lake drinking party) after work so unboxing might have to wait until tomorrow

Edit 2: Oh Santa you did good, you did real good. Unboxing post in the morning

ZebraBlade fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Dec 30, 2020

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

mischief posted:

Was helping clean up christmas crap and found a four pack of spicy beer behind the tree.

It'll go out tomorrow, infrared, my bad. Weird weekend/week so far.

No worries.

Atticus_1354
Dec 9, 2006

ZebraBlade posted:

Edit 2: Oh Santa you did good, you did real good. Unboxing post in the morning

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

I love tracking. I've got a package going to a customer, had it out like a week ago, it only got origin scanned last night. In New Orleans. It's going to the middle of Tennessee.

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

There was a package waiting for me at the post office from my favorite etailer, Blamazon

Well packaged

The goods, a nice note from awesome santa Atticus_1354 and a cool patch

A cute puppy in a boot ornament for my Christmas tree

Some REALLY REALLY good pecans, the chocolate covered ones are unbelievably good

2 Green and 1 Purple Lancer mags!! I really needed some to keep my AR calibers separate. Perfect

They hold 458 SOCOM perfectly and are much more transparent than they seem in the wrappers

4!!! Awesome patent posters, going to have them framed and get them hung up ASAP. Also cool stickers, combat llama rules

Thank you so much Atticus, you absolutely killed it!!

Atticus_1354
Dec 9, 2006

The pecans really are good. I like buying them as gifts because it gives me an excuse to stop and get some for myself. I'm glad you like the pictures. I spent a while trying to decide which ones to get and then ended up down a rabbit hole of WW2 cryptography.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Finally got off my lazy butt to upload pics!

I didn't realize what the box was at first due to dealing with a backlog of other packages. However, shalafi4's wonderful note made me realize I was in for a special time.

So, what's in the smaller box? My first smoothbore pistol! poo poo, I may have to register this with the ATF, it looks to be a pretty large caliber.

But wait, there's accessories - now I have a true race gun.

Plus I can always use more knifes for hiking.

Seriously, the Sheffield one is surprising smooth.

A nice new leather sling to put on one of my bolt guns (maybe this will make me figure out how to actually use the 1907 slings...)

Oh, and things to torment my turtle....
Mr. Pokeylope is now Professor Pokeylope, thank you very much
He wishes he was big enough to eat me for putting him through this

But he has a higher title. Lord-King Pokeylope.

That is the face of resigned indignation.

Left in the box was a lot of....stickers

wait.

wait.

idea

https://imgur.com/IWBHqNY

The springs in that thing are surprisingly strong. I'm going to have to dig out some boxes as it bounced to the opposite wall of my basement. Nice.

Oh! Also, two new mags for my 10/22 which was perfect as I'd been meaning to order exactly these before my next appleseed shoot.

Seriously, awesome box Shalafi4. I may be passing through your area sometime in the new year if I make another trip to the CMP South store if you're ever interested in meeting up.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

You have a turtle?

I need to know absolutely everything about him or her.

Everything.

shalafi4
Feb 20, 2011

another medical bills avatar

ZarathustraFollower posted:

Seriously, awesome box Shalafi4. I may be passing through your area sometime in the new year if I make another trip to the CMP South store if you're ever interested in meeting up.

Hehe for sure. Or sometime when I'm up your way again.

I was the person asking about dropping packages off.

One of my best friends lives ~10 minutes away from you.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Lmao my ralphie's gift is finally on the move again. From Grand Rapids. So it moved less in 12 days than I could walk.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

shalafi4 posted:

Hehe for sure. Or sometime when I'm up your way again.

I was the person asking about dropping packages off.

One of my best friends lives ~10 minutes away from you.

Ha, I was up in Cleveland a lot of the holidays, but next time you're up we should go to one of the new Ohio Wildlife Ranges in the area. I may be moving to Cleveland in the summer depending on job hunting....

Captain Log posted:

You have a turtle?

I need to know absolutely everything about him or her.

Everything.

That turtle is one of the nicer things to come out of my masters degree. We had a large live animal collection and he was a "whoopsie" from the collection caretaker leaving all the box turtles in a courtyard every summer. No idea what species he is, as it was a mix of three-toed, gulf coast, and eastern box turtles but he (well, honestly probably a she) is a cute terror. Mr. Pokeylope is probably only 10 or so now and I joke the first of my nieces or nephews who mention wanting a pet turtle are going to be getting one in my will....

Turtles definitely would eat a person if they were big enough. Pokeylope wrecks any mealworms when I offer them, and is especially good about tearing off their heads.
Pokeylope also loves berries

and will murder anyone that tries to take them away

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Ha, I was up in Cleveland a lot of the holidays, but next time you're up we should go to one of the new Ohio Wildlife Ranges in the area. I may be moving to Cleveland in the summer depending on job hunting....

That turtle is one of the nicer things to come out of my masters degree. We had a large live animal collection and he was a "whoopsie" from the collection caretaker leaving all the box turtles in a courtyard every summer. No idea what species he is, as it was a mix of three-toed, gulf coast, and eastern box turtles but he (well, honestly probably a she) is a cute terror. Mr. Pokeylope is probably only 10 or so now and I joke the first of my nieces or nephews who mention wanting a pet turtle are going to be getting one in my will....

Turtles definitely would eat a person if they were big enough. Pokeylope wrecks any mealworms when I offer them, and is especially good about tearing off their heads.
Pokeylope also loves berries

and will murder anyone that tries to take them away

Oh my gawd, what an adorable little thing!

Does he or she actually try to attack people? If so, how humorous is it and do you have footage?

shalafi4
Feb 20, 2011

I may wind up by Cleveland next fall.

Guy I worked with when I was still working at OSU is retiring from NASA Glenn and there's discussion of me taking his position when he retires.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

loving FINALLY my box has arrived at its destination city, another day or two and my Ralphie can finally post that poo poo.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Out for delivery, if you are someone who hasn't gotten a visit from the Secret Santa, or SS as they're called in some locations, count yourself unlucky and hide in the basement or something 'cause it's coming today and it could be coming for you!

shalafi4
Feb 20, 2011

Shima Honnou posted:

Out for delivery, if you are someone who hasn't gotten a visit from the Secret Santa, or SS as they're called in some locations, count yourself unlucky and hide in the basement or something 'cause it's coming today and it could be coming for you!

It may be coming for me.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Aww I missed this thread this year but its been busy. Glad it happened tho!

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Shima Honnou posted:

(Depending on how late someone is at the condo mailroom, expect pictures late late tonight or tomorrow!!!)

(Very Excite!)

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I'M FINALLY GOING TO DISCOVER THE INNARDS OF THE GIANT BOX!!!

BRB, going to summon my courage to not instantly tear into it right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

loving finally lol