Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
When will Melania divorce Donald?
Immediately after Donald leaves office (within 1 year)
Within 4 years
4 years or longer
She's going to outlive him instead of divorcing him
View Results

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

The_Continental posted:

Yeah, it shouldnt make sense.

Evangelicals tend to vote on message/platform more than person/individual. They will excuse just about anything as long as it benefits their cause, and they are REALLY good at voting. These last 4 years are a big win for them.

I do understand it feels good on some level to point out the hypocrisy of these people, but there needs to be a concerted effort from the left to disrupt, dismantle, or just plain out-vote these religious fuckwits and their organizations. From where I stand they are the singular biggest threat to America right now, worse than 'rona.

Both sides (lol) do this weird thing where a lot of voters project this image of the person they want their candidate to be with 100% conviction. Like, Trump is obviously a lazy atheist who could only muster the birdbrained moves of swearing in on a double-bible and having his cronies strongarm a church so he could pose for photos, yet to his followers he's the godliest man to ever shine in the light of the lord. And now we have Biden voters rejoicing about how he's going to make everything right even as he's telling them 1) austerity 2) no defunding police 3) no medicare 4 all etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

davidspackage posted:

Both sides (lol) do this weird thing where a lot of voters project this image of the person they want their candidate to be with 100% conviction. Like, Trump is obviously a lazy atheist who could only muster the birdbrained moves of swearing in on a double-bible and having his cronies strongarm a church so he could pose for photos, yet to his followers he's the godliest man to ever shine in the light of the lord. And now we have Biden voters rejoicing about how he's going to make everything right even as he's telling them 1) austerity 2) no defunding police 3) no medicare 4 all etc.

While I agree with you, I think what's going on with evangelicals is less about projection and more about what he's done to pander to them. GOP consistently panders to this relatively small group because they wield so much power, and they respond by consistently voting. I doubt evangelical leaders have any real misgivings about what sort of man Trump is. They just have a biblical verse to excuse any behavior as long as it benefits them. They are all currently thanking him and wishing him well.

At the end of the day the priest doesn't give a poo poo who's buying the new stained glass for the prayer nook as long as it gets bought.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
evangelicals don't actually care about "godliness", not as a group anyway. even NPR is willing to say it out loud: "evangelical" is just a dogwhistle term for white conservative. that's all it is at this point.

AllNewJonasSalk
Apr 22, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER

HAmbONE posted:

I’m sure she will stay with him for as long as he has control over ICE

People marry prostitutes every day, b.

EDIT: Hambone, you ain’t the guy I meant to quote. Now I feel like a dolt.

AllNewJonasSalk fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Nov 9, 2020

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
when that pic first dropped i wasnt aware that she was wearing that to visit immigrant children who had been separated from their parents :psyduck:

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

gary oldmans diary posted:

when that pic first dropped i wasnt aware that she was wearing that to visit immigrant children who had been separated from their parents :psyduck:

Easily the worst first lady ever.

AllNewJonasSalk
Apr 22, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Incel chiming in to report that the Stacys that marry the Chads are always the worst First Ladies.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
She’s at least as bad a person as ol’ Donald

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gsvr12zjA8

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

Yeah see I figured she'd divorce trump when the Bene Gesserit sisterhood called her back from her mission.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

can someone explain to me why people are so quick to give Melania a pass?

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

hell astro course posted:

She's hot

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
she's still a piece of poo poo, just like her corrupt, venal husband / pimp and his bastards and grandbastards. But yeah, she's hot, her nude and bikini photos rock

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

people cant comprehend that women can be bad and be oppressors to. so they have this narrative that shes an abuse victim i mean look at how she pulls his hand or away or how when she stops smiling she has rbf. barret cant be bad and against womens reproductive rights shes a woman!

when in fact women are just as capable as men to being oppressors. something the french learned quickly.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

The narrative of "ohhh, she's gonna dump Donald and deliver the final blow!" is more fun than the reality that she's a huge piece of poo poo that's perfectly happy in whatever bizarre relationship she has with Trump.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

When Trump 1st took over, I don't think people really knew much about her. There were lots of social media posts like, "Melania, blink if you need help" and poo poo like that. When the Stormy Daniels thing broke, it was discovered that Trump had that affair shortly after Melania had a kid which garnered more sympathy. But then the kid in cages story hit and soon everyone found she's just as bad as Donny.

Her and Trump both went on and on about immigration and then suddenly her parents show up and are granted US citizenship.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

A Fancy Hat posted:

The narrative of "ohhh, she's gonna dump Donald and deliver the final blow!" is more fun than the reality that she's a huge piece of poo poo that's perfectly happy in whatever bizarre relationship she has with Trump.

I don't think either of them are happy. I really can't imagine Donald enjoying anything except in the most superficial way

Like, I imagine everything in his life has about as much weight and engagement to him as regular people spend on a mobile clicker game. I can't imagine him feeling... joy, or any such kind of pure human emotion

Maybe he should drop acid

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
It was great when her 1st Lady Job became fighting against bullying. Whoever suggested that job knew exactly what they were doing.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Simone Magus posted:

I don't think either of them are happy. I really can't imagine Donald enjoying anything except in the most superficial way

Like, I imagine everything in his life has about as much weight and engagement to him as regular people spend on a mobile clicker game. I can't imagine him feeling... joy, or any such kind of pure human emotion

Maybe he should drop acid

For a man who holds most human beings in contempt it’s astounding how much public adulation he needs to function.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007
I think Melania is heavily influenced by Trump's political views and she is willing to believe his lies. I think she has been a little brainwashed by her husband Donald, she depended on him for immigration and now needs him financially if not for herself then for her son. The worst thing I know of is her statement about family separation, but Donald has claimed he is just doing exactly what Obama did, which is not true. Melania is not a good position to hate on Trump and his policies, but I don't know of anything bad that she has personally done herself. She wore a stupid jacket, in support of her husband. She abused the immigration system to get herself in, and her parents in but that just doesn't bother me since I think our immigration system is a bit broken. She supported a bad man, but she was misinformed and didn't have a lot of choice. If the rumors about divorce are true then I think it's safe to say that even she doesn't like Donald or his stupid policies.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Not Wolverine posted:

I think Melania is heavily influenced by Trump's political views and she is willing to believe his lies. I think she has been a little brainwashed by her husband Donald, she depended on him for immigration and now needs him financially if not for herself then for her son. The worst thing I know of is her statement about family separation, but Donald has claimed he is just doing exactly what Obama did, which is not true. Melania is not a good position to hate on Trump and his policies, but I don't know of anything bad that she has personally done herself. She wore a stupid jacket, in support of her husband. She abused the immigration system to get herself in, and her parents in but that just doesn't bother me since I think our immigration system is a bit broken. She supported a bad man, but she was misinformed and didn't have a lot of choice. If the rumors about divorce are true then I think it's safe to say that even she doesn't like Donald or his stupid policies.

Do you think Trump just suddenly became Trump in the last 4 years? She willingly hooked her wagon to him, KNOWING his personality and attitude and everything.
It's been a purely money thing.

Yes, base on her upbringing, where she lived, etc etc etc, she is likely a broken person, and it is OKAY to feel some sympathy for her, but she isn't some great victim.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Universe Master posted:

Well, the new Vice President elect was one and it's not a big deal.

What the gently caress?

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

People don't care about Melania because she doesn't really have access to the levers of power unlike the rest of his kids and that idiot Kushner. Melania is given only the most basic of tasks like her 'Be Best' campaign (whatever that is) and standing around and looking good when her husband goes to an event.

You can call her a pile of poo poo or whatever but she's harmless and not much more than decoration.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

snergle posted:

people cant comprehend that women can be bad and be oppressors to. so they have this narrative that shes an abuse victim i mean look at how she pulls his hand or away or how when she stops smiling she has rbf. barret cant be bad and against womens reproductive rights shes a woman!

when in fact women are just as capable as men to being oppressors. something the french learned quickly.

when did the french learn this

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Milo and POTUS posted:

when did the french learn this

when they ate that cake.

Not Wolverine posted:

point proven.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
marie antoinette never said that

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
She was, however, a reactionary who tried to get Louis XVI to reject all reasonable reforms right up until the uprising of August 10th.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I'm Barron Trump's real father. AMA (admire my rear end)

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I want to read any & all tell-all memoirs that she writes about being married to such a gross piece of poo poo.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

YeahTubaMike posted:

I want to read any & all tell-all memoirs that she writes about being married to such a gross piece of poo poo.

Your wife writing a book?

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Milo and POTUS posted:

Your wife writing a book?

Hoist with my own petard :smithicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Johnny Aztec posted:

That IS a good question. I am not sure if anyone can go after any assets she gains in a divorce.

Because the second Trump is out of office, he is going to be the target of numerous lawsuits, criminal and civil, audits and investigations.
As well as his children.

And Trump is in a LOT of Debt. The german bank that he owes money to, is already contemplating seizing assets of his , soon as he get of office.
Yeah, this. She's a fool if she doesn't try to get divorce money while there's still money to get.