Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
THE APA VS. THE YOUNG BUCKS
the posters of 10 years ago were correct, apa is better
I REFUSE TO VOTE. THIS MATCH MUST HAPPEN AGAIN IN THE NEXT TOURNAMENT
the posters of 10 years ago were wrong. Go Bucks!
View Results

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

1st of all: jfc 10 years

2nd: should we do this again? 10 more years of tag teams. 10 more years of opinions here changing. 10 more years of new posters joining. 10 more years of me learning the proper way to seed a tournament. 10 more years of hulkamatt still using the same bracket layout in ms paint from a forum pokemon d/p/p tournament.

It honestly surprised me how few people from the last thread were banned in the 1st round, but over 1/3 of them aren't active anymore. Also I have no idea why I'm even suggesting making more work for myself right now but I guess this is an interest check???

or we can just lol at some of the choices here I dunno.

anyway hop in this wrestlehut time capsule

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Nov 8, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the bottom left of the bracket is hosed up. i would be ok with it being left alone because people really hate 70s through 90s southern stuff and don't give it any respect these days due to the horrible wendy's man. however it would be good to fix the shitulous shitbirds beating the hollywood blondes and the second city saints getting out of the first round. I must go to the bathroom now. if you respond to me please don't be mean and insult me. Only insult the wrestlers i like if you're going to be mean. my favorite tag team is owen and bulldog

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

When I was checking to see who was still active in the last thread you were the first person I didn't even need to check cav. Also quite a few teams in this wouldn't even be listed in the next one. I think.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Boogie Knights vs the MVC has to be the most one sided matchup in tournament history. Don't even remember who the members of Boogie Knights were, just that they got murdered by Boogaloo & Homicide on the first 2 ROH shows.

I just noticed who Holy Demon Army lost to and I'll be out back weeping.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

I don’t do the posting thing a whole lot but I can vote with the best of em. Let’s do it.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Just say the Young Bucks and call it a day.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

the young bucks are not my all time favorite team though edward mass

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

forkboy84 posted:

Boogie Knights vs the MVC has to be the most one sided matchup in tournament history. Don't even remember who the members of Boogie Knights were, just that they got murdered by Boogaloo & Homicide on the first 2 ROH shows.

I just noticed who Holy Demon Army lost to and I'll be out back weeping.

I noticed that Crush Gals lost in the very first round and audibly went all what the gently caress?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Do it you won't, coward

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Scandalous that the Holy Demon Army got knocked out in the third round. It's an even greater tragedy than Akira Taue getting snubbed by Rarity in the GOAT thread.

A lots changed in 10 years, especially the far greater exposure to non-American wrestling. I'd certainly vote for Strong Bj or Violent Giants over more than half of the entrants on that list, plus SSB (now Uno and Stu in AEW) and Steen/Generic would definitely end up higher in the bracket nowadays

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

HulkaMatt posted:

the young bucks are not my all time favorite team though edward mass

i would go further and say they are my least favourite team!

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

More like "Greatest WWE Tag Team"

bartok
May 10, 2006

Looks like the Steiner Bros. got a bad break and had to face The Road Warriors in the second round.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I was not posting here until 2018

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 10 days!)

Ibushi and Omega losing to The Midnight Express definitely reeks of 10 years ago

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
lol at Big Show having like 4 teams represented

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
tag teams! tag teams! tag teams! tag teams! tag teams! tag teams!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I'd love to do another KOT tournament, as well, where we put together trios of our own and people vote

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Cerebral Bore posted:

I noticed that Crush Gals lost in the very first round and audibly went all what the gently caress?

Yeah people tend to not know a lot about Japanese women's wrestling from 30 years ago. And they went up against Benoit and Malenko. Who were a very good tag team of excellent wrestlers even if one of them was a murderer.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

ChrisBTY posted:

Yeah people tend to not know a lot about Japanese women's wrestling from 30 years ago. And they went up against Benoit and Malenko. Who were a very good tag team of excellent wrestlers even if one of them was a murderer.

They were a full on regular tag team for like 3 months.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
Its also a time where it perhaps wasn't yet as easy to go and find Crush Gals or JBA matches to see how good they were especially if you weren't into Japanese wrestling already: the JBAs faced the Hardys and that's a tough one for anyone. I admittedly wasn't posting at the time but perhaps you also have the fact that women's wresting wasn't in the spot it currently is in (WWE had moved on from treating their wrestlers purely as sex objects but still treated it as a joke; Joshi was smaller in Japan and modern stuff was tiny in the West) which made people less likely to look them up - if your conception of women's wrestling is what WWE did in the 2000s then you probably wouldn't be hurrying to check out a Japanese tag team from the 1980s even if they are one of the best (and most significant) teams of all time.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Let's not pretend that anybody on this forum watches or cares about 80s joshi wrestling. Dailymotion existed in 2010 too.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Let's also not pretend that Wrestlehut in October of 2010 watched much puro at all

MassRafTer posted:

I genuinely don't remember how the list came to be which is why I kinda wanna just redo the whole thing.

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Nov 8, 2020

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

we need all the nxt uk tag teams in this instead of 'crush gals', probably the 6th most important joshi tag team

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The Bucks crashing out to the APA is amazingly baffling in 2020. There's a few rough seeds like Steenerico drawing the Bulldogs in round 1 of course, but a lot of these read like someone grabbed 3 or 4 random WWE house show booking sheets from the 80s and 90s. How the gently caress do the Headbangers make the cut? Why is the Miz on here twice?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

that's wrestlehut champion of the year The Miz to you, pal!

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Gaz-L posted:

The Bucks crashing out to the APA is amazingly baffling in 2020. There's a few rough seeds like Steenerico drawing the Bulldogs in round 1 of course, but a lot of these read like someone grabbed 3 or 4 random WWE house show booking sheets from the 80s and 90s. How the gently caress do the Headbangers make the cut? Why is the Miz on here twice?

The Bucks were still TNA geeks in 2010 and APA was a weirdly popular nostalgia act

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gaz-L posted:

The Bucks hadn't quite put it all together yet in 2010 but yeah, it's the APA. They sucked.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

We need to have this tournament again so The Bucks can win it this time.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

ChrisBTY posted:

We need to have this tournament again so The Bucks can win it this time.

*cut to 3 months from now when somehow the Bucks lost to Harlem Heat in the 2nd round*

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

They should lose to Crush Gals

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

the magical sugar rabbits will win

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

my money's on Slater Gator

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Edward Mass posted:

Just say the Young Bucks and call it a day.

This.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

MassRafTer posted:

Still enough to beat what amounted to a trivia question to a bunch of the voter base. I mean even if you were watching Joshi then you probably weren't seeing them.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

The Initiative finally will get a win.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

do the tournament again so i can nominate Double Inoue

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Big fan of Jado and Gedo taking down SSB. We need that rematch in the next tournament

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

ChrisBTY posted:

Still enough to beat what amounted to a trivia question to a bunch of the voter base. I mean even if you were watching Joshi then you probably weren't seeing them.

Chris Benoit killed his family.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

Chris Benoit killed his family.

3 whole years before the tournament!