Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Slord is in for quite a shock when he catches up :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Sandwolf posted:

alternatively, I have no interest in this game getting to D4, we've lunched mostly talkative people, then I have to spend 2x effort trying to get anyone to even post

I think we should lunch chaoslord today. He is actively lurking (responds when called out), when prodded for reads he dodged and avoided, and then immediately disappeared back into the background.

Vote Chaoslord.

I did what now?

You asked if I had anything to add and I said I didn't. That's not a dodge, that's not avoiding, that's me telling the truth. I can start making up reads if you would like.

Here is one I just made up.

I think Referee is scum. He barely has more posts than me (this post will tie us, albeit I have been posting a lot to catch up so I am giving him credit for that) and has managed four votes: a joke vote on me, a joke(?) vote on taste, managed to get on to the Rarity vote early based on a ping, and then the vote on Rhjamiz because of squiggs case. Seems like a scum player floating along.

I repeat that this is a made up case, I picked Referee by using a random number generator, looking up their post history, and searching for ##vote. I do not know why this is preferable for Sandwolf than someone who hadn't read the game stating they have nothing to add, but there you go.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

SalTheBard posted:

I'm a Blue Mage so I can copy abilities and use the following night. I figured if I could copy Yami's ability it might be a form of "soft copping" but instead I got a message saying my action failed. I'm trying to figure out if Yami got jailed or something or if they just don't have a night action I can copy.

lmao Sal why do you always do things like this

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
That's a lot of effort that could have gone into an actual read

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

jfc chaoslord keep reading

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Squiggly posted:

yeah uhh

that.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
I think the most egregious part is that somehow through all of that bullshit I still don't know if you think referee is actually town or scum

And I'm pretty neutral on you right now clord

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

chaoslord posted:

I did what now?

You asked if I had anything to add and I said I didn't. That's not a dodge, that's not avoiding, that's me telling the truth. I can start making up reads if you would like.

Here is one I just made up.

I think Referee is scum. He barely has more posts than me (this post will tie us, albeit I have been posting a lot to catch up so I am giving him credit for that) and has managed four votes: a joke vote on me, a joke(?) vote on taste, managed to get on to the Rarity vote early based on a ping, and then the vote on Rhjamiz because of squiggs case. Seems like a scum player floating along.

I repeat that this is a made up case, I picked Referee by using a random number generator, looking up their post history, and searching for ##vote. I do not know why this is preferable for Sandwolf than someone who hadn't read the game stating they have nothing to add, but there you go.

This would not be the worst excuse anyone’s ever had to dunk me, FWIW. :lol:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Squiggly posted:

It took literally two minutes, if you consider that effort I dont know what to tell you

Sandwolf posted:

jfc chaoslord keep reading

It's a lot of posts! I'm trying! Be thankful I chose to not move hotel today or else I would just now be getting settled in for the night. Look at me, making real life decisions based on my wanting to play mafia. I'm going to have to wake up at 6am to drive 2 hours to the airport but I am here now.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I think it was sandwolf who asked, but phone posting and not going back for the quote. But to as why Veyron would claim VT instead of anything useful.
Because flipped scum are both roles that would have a vanilla fakeclaim, ninja and godfather.
Claiming an active (or non kill modifying) role when you can't prove it later is a risky play towards a long life.
Claiming something outlandish to draw a counterclaim is possible, but not what I would do after losing two scum buddies.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
The sandwolf pressure is real hahahahaha

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

(Realtalk: I’m actually somewhat surprised that between yesterday and this morning when I wasn’t around, I wasn’t mentioned as being in the lurker crowd. I’m not sure if this is more an indictment of how many lurkers we seem to have in this game, or instead a recognition that I’ve tried to contribute during the times I’ve been around, but I thought it was interesting that scum didn’t try to start a wagon on me for my absence.)

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

chaoslord posted:

Second post is talking about distancing in a vote, and it feels like the first post is distancing in there.

Keane (or anyone else who can figure this out) explain this post because I can not parse what you are saying here.
[/quote]

Sorry, been extremely tired lately.

Yami is accusing people of distancing in their votes against Rarity, while distancing in their own, earlier post. Feels kinda like projecting or something.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I don't think we have that many vanilla roles, personally I am an extremely powerful role.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Referee posted:

(Realtalk: I’m actually somewhat surprised that between yesterday and this morning when I wasn’t around, I wasn’t mentioned as being in the lurker crowd. I’m not sure if this is more an indictment of how many lurkers we seem to have in this game, or instead a recognition that I’ve tried to contribute during the times I’ve been around, but I thought it was interesting that scum didn’t try to start a wagon on me for my absence.)

There's only so many bland background characters I can focus on at one time

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

CCKeane posted:

I don't think we have that many vanilla roles, personally I am an extremely powerful role.

As the doctor I will protect you don't worry

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

CCKeane posted:

Keane (or anyone else who can figure this out) explain this post because I can not parse what you are saying here.

Yami is accusing people of distancing in their votes against Rarity, while distancing in their own, earlier post. Feels kinda like projecting or something.
[/quote]

That's not really what happened and half of the thread already told you that, why are you still pretending it is Keane?

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Squiggly posted:

As the doctor I will protect you don't worry

This is a joke

I would not waste my protection on keane

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Squiggly posted:

The sandwolf pressure is real hahahahaha

I have become unto a God

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Yami Fenrir posted:

quote:

That's not really what happened and half of the thread already told you that, why are you still pretending it is Keane?

maf edit cuz apparently quote broke

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Referee posted:

You were also around more D1, I almost grouped you in a couple times but unlike many others I could remember you having opinions.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Squiggly posted:

There's only so many bland background characters I can focus on at one time

Yeah, I figured this was closer to the case :hfive:

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

CCKeane posted:

I don’t think anyone else should claim but I’ve already made this post so I’ll make it again.

I’m vanilla town.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Squiggly posted:

Please note this post doesn't have a conclusion, just thoughts:

It is interesting that sandwolf said let's go for a lurker lynch and not one person fought him on it. In my past experiences, people were usually reluctant to vote a lurker before days 3/4 because there wasn't information to be gleamed. Now, there is a fair chance of scum lurking, but I am interested in the fact that not one person really challenged this concept. Is it possible we're on the wrong track completely, and there are more vocal scum among us?

I think lurker lunches are always more prevalent in peoples minds with big games just because there's more of them

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Sandwolf posted:

this is valid, not saying it isn't, but I do find it curious that you're making those judgments totally beyond any alignments

Sandwolf dont humor Sal, people can vote or post however they want but calling it valid is silly. Like am I going to ever vote Hawke this game? Almost certainly not short of a big result, and I will always completely own up to it being a stupid blind spot of mine, but I would never call that "valid".

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
Why would you never vote hawke?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

CCKeane posted:

Hmm! So I have a gut read on chaos being scum but I don't have anything to back this up, but this exchange feels alright? I think "I don't have anything to add" feels valid and that's the core of what chaos is saying here. Was there anything else or is this your best example?

I know you have a gut scum read on me but thank you, was beginning to think I am in bizarro world

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRMMYeeeBQs

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Ugh really not liking Keane coming in and repeating his earlier bogus claim as if it were fact to chaos here.

I'm falling asleep in my char rn tho, so sadly a reread on him will have to wait till tomorrow, cuz that is sketch af

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

chaoslord posted:

Sandwolf dont humor Sal, people can vote or post however they want but calling it valid is silly. Like am I going to ever vote Hawke this game? Almost certainly not short of a big result, and I will always completely own up to it being a stupid blind spot of mine, but I would never call that "valid".

Nah I disagree. Valid /=/ logical. I think Sal’s statement is valid because like, I get it, I still never want to vote out my Sandclan brother. I think town are more likely to make illogical statements like that and stick to them.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Anyway, enough about my own meta. CL is here and posting, let’s see if this will help Taste appear and provide thoughts ##vote taste

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
True, I find myself reluctant to vote more familiar players. Like if merk came back I would not call him scum even if it was super obvious

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Squiggly posted:

True, I find myself reluctant to vote more familiar players. Like if merk came back I would not call him scum even if it was super obvious

Oh yeah I’d give an obvious scum merk at least until D3, all things considered.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

I'mma crash, won't be around at deadline sadly.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Night Yami

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Grandicap posted:

His 3rd game. Hmmmm. New, or scum and new?

hmmm ok, this changes things for me. I reluctantly agree with Sandwolf.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

Ceyton posted:

Also not a big fan of Hawke, his justification for voting me is kinda strawman-y

I think you’re voting lurkers other people have cased/voted because they’re easy votes and you don’t need to commit to making reads.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

t a s t e posted:

Who is.

Scum

you

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

t a s t e posted:

Ok ##vote chaos

Wow, betrayed.

Taste I want you to know that I laughed quite a bit at this exchange from a while ago

Grandicap posted:

Also, always down to execute taste, but that has nothing to do specifically to do with his gameplay this game.

t a s t e posted:

Oh, thanks

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Yami Fenrir posted:

Ugh really not liking Keane coming in and repeating his earlier bogus claim as if it were fact to chaos here.

I'm falling asleep in my char rn tho, so sadly a reread on him will have to wait till tomorrow, cuz that is sketch af

Chaos asked me what I meant you silly goose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Anyway my original point was weak but yami is being wildly defensive so vOv.