Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
gently caress yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

flerp posted:

can i have a confessional where i say which final fantasy games are bad

Hint: its all of them where they stopped having different abilities based on their character design.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

My goal is die in the first 2-3 days so that I don't get lost completely in a large game and lose interest.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Bifauxnen posted:

My goal is to get someone else actually talking about FF9 ffs

FF9 is one of 3 final fantasy games I have actually gotten to the credit screen on.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Amnistar posted:

FF9 is one of 3 final fantasy games I have actually gotten to the credit screen on.

it also, in my opinion, had the best balance of unique character abilities with customization our of all the games.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

apostateCourier posted:

I know it's day 1 but is there a why?

##vote apostateCourier

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

apostateCourier posted:

ok but like. it was a very definitive statement for d1

And it's either a joke and can be ignored, or it's not a joke and should be ignored.

Pressing is a scum move.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

CCKeane posted:

Hello friends I am the hot or cold mini game. CPig kept saying "no no no it's random" but he didn't return the money I paypaled him, as a bribe. So, you know.

Anyway I can use my hot or cold ability and see if we are hot or cold on threats to town by submitting three names. So I'm taking suggestions on three players.

Interestingly, I think I can submit the names of dead players.

So who Yas all got.

JenX, Sub Rosa and John Cena.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Mr. Steak posted:

even if cckeane was making sense right now, when has crowd-sourcing a role decision in mafia ever ever benefitted town....? lol

the "correct" way to use a vig is to kill someone at 3/4 of the way through the day that has the most votes on them.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Bifauxnen posted:

No you need to explain your ignorance of the best minigame right now mister

He doesn't know Tetra Master?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Rarity posted:

IX
XIV
X/X-2
V
VII
VI
XV
XII
XI
IV
III
I
II

VIII

VI
V
IX

Any of the others.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

flerp posted:

all this thread does is remind me to finish ff7r

Honestly I am super tempted to play 7 as an adult. As a kid I never had a Playstation and it never resonated with me.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I've struggled playing old RPGs. I just dont have the time I used to.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Grandicap posted:

Too many posts to read, but hello!

Oh no grandi you rolled scum...

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

apostateCourier posted:

Oh no grandi you rolled scum...

so is this a joke or a real read because tbh I also don't like it when people say they aren't going to read posts ##vote Grandicap
[/quote]

Its too late for you to bus Grandi AC.

But yes, most accurate day 1 scum tell is complaining about number of posts. 40% of the time it works every time.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

...damnit quote brackets.

##vote AC

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Grandicap posted:

Because big games are not my jam. And me playing at all means I will be altering my play style.

I am willing to let you live despite triggering the accurate scum radar that is Amnistar.

Because I can't get anyone to vote with me on my day 1 reads.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Hal Incandenza posted:

I feel like this is grandi meta though, lets give him a chance here

Its like I'm a prophet or something!

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

apostateCourier posted:

So I guess my explanation didn't mean anything to you then?

I beleive you wanted to know if they were being serious or not. I beleive that having that position on day 1 is inherently scummy.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

I'm really confused by Hal's try-hardiness here. I think it might be scummy, even, I feel like I can't remember the last time he came out so ready to play

Would rather lunch apostate I think, the post that pinged Amni pinged me p. hard too

Sandwolf is agreeing with me day 1. 3rd scum found!

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

DGK2000 posted:

Im sorry but X was godawful. Final boss sucked, stupid minigame you HAD to play... linear as gently caress.

...it's final fantasy. They're all linear as gently caress.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

destroyed by the new page.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Idle Amalgam posted:

quote:

Its too late for you to bus Grandi AC.

But yes, most accurate day 1 scum tell is complaining about number of posts. 40% of the time it works every time.

As a real vote on ac, this looks really bad.

It starts out broken quote vote, but immediate follow up with real vote.

Still re-reading with my 5D eyes.

lol, you aren't reading that well since my vote for AC was MUCH earlier in the day.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Hal Incandenza posted:

I guess you agreed with an earlier Amni take on apostate, but that’s all I see

This is the correct way to catch scum.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

SalTheBard posted:

I'm just going to say that I hate this loving phrase so much

It's also the biggest scum tell you can find, especially on day one.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

apostateCourier posted:

Rarity's recent posting has a real "uh oh pressure is on better make content happen" vibe. 6 posts without a read on D1 isn't as damning as you want it to be and dropping six quotes in one post makes it look like you're doing way more work than you are.

##vote Rarity

Please vote for scum player ApostateCourier.

And note their move to a vote leader because "recent activity".

Squiggly is potential scum because of their unvote.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

apostateCourier posted:

I keep saying things in response to these accusations and you keep ignoring them

Are you talking to me? because I responded to you:

Amnistar posted:

I beleive you wanted to know if they were being serious or not. I beleive that having that position on day 1 is inherently scummy.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

apostateCourier posted:

Looking through your post history as a whole it looks like you're cherry picking my posts to create a narrative that isn't there if you read the whole thread

##vote Amnistar

Nice build up to the omgus!

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

apostateCourier posted:

This isn't a read but like how do you gently caress up quoting me in a post with the relevant text in the post

Scum are, in general, very concerned with trying to convince their *accusers* that they are wrong about finding scum. Town are more concerned with finding scum. Complaining that I'm not interacting with your defense further cements your alignment as scum.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Idle Amalgam posted:

I agree with this

I don't agree that I'm ignoring posts. My primary read on AC comes from the fact that they immediately pressed for more information about a claim early in the day. My secondary reason for thinking them scum is that their most recent jump onto the Rarity vote, one of the two vote leaders, with a case that is...meh. Yes, I'm not talking about other posts, but that's simply because they don't make me think they are or aren't scum.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

apostateCourier posted:

you still won't say why pressing for information is bad??

...Scum want to know who to kill?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Grandicap posted:

Holy poo poo! I am playing in a big game and I have 3 scum reads, this is not normal for me.
Give me a sec to compile them, because I caught up to the thread on my phone and there is no way I am writing finding quotes on my phone.

remember to make sure at least one of them is actually on your scum team!

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Grandicap posted:

Amni has been generally making snipey posts like this. I think Amni thinks his meta is to think I'm scum regardless of the game, so he's leaning in to what he thinks his meta is. I don't think he's actually suspicious of me, just feigning it. Would vote there too.

...my meta is to think *you're* scum?

This is a callback to your first post being "holy poo poo a lot of post" which has proven highly effective scum-tell in SA mafia games.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

So far I *always* think...Pmush, SNG, Grandi, Sandwolf....who else is on my "i always think their scum" list?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Grandicap posted:

Yes, I do think that. And my first post was holy poo poo a lot of posts because there were a lot of posts.

Sure, which is a thing that scum do a lot. Hence my throwing shade at you!

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Grandicap posted:

I cannot make a reasoned argument against that. So let me instead break out the forbidden emojis.

:rolleyes: :shrug:

DOUBLE SCUM!

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Grandicap posted:

Oof, you have gotten me, hoisted by mine own petard.

Truly I am an idiot savant when it comes to D1!

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Hal Incandenza posted:

I have not enjoyed this last page of posts

Mills and taste please return for my sanity

You should vote for scum-candidate AC.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Yami Fenrir posted:

Eh, I don't see AC as scum rn.

The hal questioning post IS a bit awkward but I seriously doubt someone's gonna lie about a learning disorder just for the sake of a mafia game.

Other than that I don't think AC is really trying to convince amni of anything like claimed. Plus AC's push on Rarity seems genuine.

without rereading the thread my opinion of Rarity is:

I don't know I haven't read anything they've posted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

More specifically, it's a 24 person game and trying to keep up with everything means that I'm keeping up with no one, so I'm skimming right now and paying attention to people that jump out at me. Rarity has not jumped out at me so I have no current opinion, will go reread since you asked though Yami.