Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Ok Iíll play mafia again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Referee posted:

I think Iíve been in all the previous ones, so yes, Iím in here too.

:hfive:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Rarity posted:

gently caress

Forget it Rarity, itís steaktown.

Also hi Rarity!

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Rarity posted:

Hi chaoslord! I'm excited to vig you as cop in this game! :dippy:

Oh no, but I donít even live by that Dairy Queen anymore, I wonít have ice cream to soften the blow!!!!

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Hi hello itís me slord

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Referee posted:

##vote chaoslord

Good evening, kids.

Why canít us football referees and soccer referees get along? :(

Also I do football now too so Iím in the brotherhood wtf

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Referee posted:

Lies ##vote t a s t e

I didnít know you were an official, thatís rad.

Yeah I vaguely remember us talkin about it a while ago, I feel like you told me you were a deep wing or something but probably wrong on that. But thatís why I jokingly challenged you in the discord to see who the true referee of SA Mafia was before Keane pulled rank on us as a dodgeball World Cup international referee

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

t a s t e posted:

Itís a taste guarantee

Good enough for me

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

SalTheBard posted:

Hello. I'm ready to play Mafia seriously this time. I'm going to be serious mafia guy.

##vote Sal

Lunch all liars

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Referee posted:

Yeah, Keane still keeps that crown for now. I work everything except U at HS level and have settling in to short/deep wing at small college level now (Iím not in yet but on the prospect list).

Oh nice. If it werenít for COVID I would start going to college ID camps by now. Iím not working full varsity yet but I have expendable income and I think it would be good as a teaching experience and good to be in front of those people a few times since thatís my ultimate goal. Plus I have family where they usually do the camp in my state so I can have an excuse to go visit them haha.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Gumball Gumption posted:

Hey, I'm absolutely not here to play seriously

:hfive:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Amnistar posted:

My goal is die in the first 2-3 days so that I don't get lost completely in a large game and lose interest.

Remind me of this D2 and Iíll make sure to help you out

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Bifauxnen posted:

My goal is to get someone else actually talking about FF9 ffs

Hi Bif who is your favorite FF9 character?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Bifauxnen posted:

Probably Steiner. Tough call between him and Vivi. But why even pick a favourite when they make a great team!

I am also a Steiner fan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msDuNZyYAIQ

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Mr. Steak posted:

call me when day 2 starts

no, out of thread communication is forbidden

.....unless.....

:thunk:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

SalTheBard posted:

Anyone want to play Triple Triad?

:siren::siren::siren:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

CCKeane posted:

I, your own name, swear on my honour as a Something Awful forums member that, should I be in possession of any non-vanilla role, I promise to use that role for mischief.

But what about on your honor?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

flerp posted:

all this thread does is remind me to finish ff7r

Do it!!!!!!

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

IcePhoenix posted:

That's fine but where do you rank World of Final Fantasy

:hmmyes:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Bifauxnen posted:

But more importantly:

CONTRADICTION SPOTTED caught ya now scumbo

##vote Yami

:siren::siren::siren:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

CCKeane posted:

FFXV is the best because who doesn't like a road trip with pals?

Anyway I have determined that chaos is scum.

What the

Why donít you come over here to FF Crystal Chronicles, ďthe best Final Fantasy on GameCubeģ️Ēô️ and say it to my face!!!

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Hi hello itís me slord

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Ok one crisis semi-averted later, letís try this again

Hi hello itís me slord, this time with dinner and a tornado watch

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

DGK2000 posted:

I too have a tornado watch. Missouri?

Northwest Arkansas, probably takes me 40 minutes to get to the state line, so probably the same one :hfive:

------------------------

I see Rarity is the vote leader by a large margin, I've got like 14 pages to catch up on, can someone give me a quick rundown of why that is? TIA

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Just got to the end of page 10, taking longer than I would have liked because I keep watching football, but two things that jumped out are the Rarity post that Ref used in his case of getting on to Hal for "admitting he is posting for show" less than a day into the game, and also oh my god can someone please vig Squiggly, this one letter per post zombie crap is the most annoying thing I've seen in a mafia game in a long time

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Finishing up on Page 15, and while Rarity is the vote today, Amni is another poster worth looking at imo

Amnistar posted:

I don't agree that I'm ignoring posts. My primary read on AC comes from the fact that they immediately pressed for more information about a claim early in the day. My secondary reason for thinking them scum is that their most recent jump onto the Rarity vote, one of the two vote leaders, with a case that is...meh. Yes, I'm not talking about other posts, but that's simply because they don't make me think they are or aren't scum.

apostateCourier posted:

you still won't say why pressing for information is bad??

Amnistar posted:

...Scum want to know who to kill?

This is the "press[ing] for more information about a claim"

Hal Incandenza posted:

I will not vote mills or taste at any point

Today I wonít vote for anyone not named squiggly

##vote squiggly

apostateCourier posted:

I know it's day 1 but is there a why?

Calling that a press about a claim is weird phrasing intended to get a reaction. Asking questions is not a scummy thing.

Amnistar posted:

without rereading the thread my opinion of Rarity is:

I don't know I haven't read anything they've posted.

Amnistar posted:

More specifically, it's a 24 person game and trying to keep up with everything means that I'm keeping up with no one, so I'm skimming right now and paying attention to people that jump out at me. Rarity has not jumped out at me so I have no current opinion, will go reread since you asked though Yami.

I also do not believe this to be true. While I'm not going to go back to count posts up to this point, Rarity is the highest poster in the game now and I'd be surprised if she hadn't been on every page, which would make it hard to not have an opinion on them! And like this

Amnistar posted:

Not because they voted rarity, but because they voted for the vote leader based on "new" posts, in an attempt to differentiate themselves from others which is a thing scum do to make it seem like they're not bandwagoning.

Just reads as a gotcha to me. If AC had repeated the previous stuff, I am 100% sure Amni would have called them out for +1ing.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Chic Trombone posted:

where are we gang? I see rarity is at -1 with ~~30 minutes left?

Close, got about an hour!

But also a lot of people haven't been around and I'm probably going to hammer soon if no one else does? Attendance here is sparse which is weird even for when considering it's a Saturday night IMO, so I'm not sure the value in waiting especially because there is about to be boxing to watch. Like, what, this is the list of people around in the last 4 hours?

Steak, Ref, Me, Sandwolf, DGK, IP, Hal, Grandi, taste, bif, AC, you

Less than half the game has checked in down the stretch here.

Since you just got here though I will hold of if you (or anyone I suppose) has objections to me doing the thing

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Alright, it's been 20 minutes and no one raised any objections, I'm just gonna put an end to this

##vote rarity

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

CapitalistPig posted:

:siren: Hawke has replaced flerp :siren:

:toot:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Sandwolf posted:

Hey! Busto! You got anything to add?

I don't! Unless you count thoughts about Risk Management

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

chaoslord posted:

I don't! Unless you count thoughts about Risk Management

Or I guess that I am glad Hawke is in the game. But I think that point was made quite clear from the other post so I don't know if that counts as an added thought

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

apostateCourier posted:

This post stinks. That gotcha at the bottom is a gotcha. Looking back it was reasonable for amni to be suspicious about my question, so saying it's not here is bad.

?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

apostateCourier posted:

More fortune telling, really. It's a baseless claim that leaves no room for defense.

Can you clarify what you mean?

It looks like between this post I am quoting now and the post I quoted previously that you and I both agree it was a gotcha, as in it was something Amni was saying that did not leave you room for defense.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Alright, home from work, before I start my homework let me take a big drink of diet dr pepper and check in on votefinder to see whats happening....

*spits diet dr pepper everywhere*

Unpossible!!!!!!!! No!!!!!! The enemies of Rutgers Athletics slord are at it again!!!!! I must stop them

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Real talk, I have homework due tonight so that's my priority so I will be "around" in the vague sense that when I get bored or stuck I will probably click "next unread post" and skim to see whats happening so if you have anything directly for me please quote this post so it highlights and catches my attention. I am sure most of the case on me revolves around "slords lurking again" which is as predictable as it is understandable so no judgment on my part.

To try to answer what I am sure are some frequently asked questions

*No I don't really know what's going on I haven't read practically any of D2.

*I don't know who the scum is. I can make a scum read up if you want me to! Gut is, IDK, taste and/or Sal, but I don't have anything concrete. I thought Amni was definitely scum and bought into the Rarity case, so whoopsie on those counts.

*I may go ahead and claim tonight because I expect I will also be very busy with record retention work tomorrow so who knows when I will be able to post. Thinking this one over, if you have strong feelings about me doing this or not go ahead and post them, maybe that'll be a fun topic of conversation, should someone at -7 claim 24 hours before deadline or not.

*If anyone has any tips on how to find a single specific blueprint in a room full of them I would love to hear it.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Hi hello its me slord. Actually done with work early instead of late magically (we did not find that blueprint in the room, no), no homework tonight, only thing really standing between me and posting is at some point I will eat dinner so I'll be here most of the night through deadline so lets do this :toot:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Sorry not sorry (well, kinda sorry) but I'm going to do that very obnoxious post as I go thing so some of this I'm sure will be answered already but just bare with me.

Bifauxnen posted:

Well drat that was a poetic and ironic N1

I'm not opposed to a Hal lunch, but I'm still thinking about Grandi today. Especially since I was wrong about both Rarity and Amni, but scum still thought it was worth trying to kill me already.

Checking votefinder I see you voted for Grandi and then backed away. What led to the back away? Especially because like, to me

Grandicap posted:

I'd be willing to take that as a pillar of a real case, but standalone I am very confused on how it is gaining traction.

This reads to me as overly worried about Hal getting 2 votes plus a third person saying "yeah maybe". I try to put myself in the shoes of "town player who is concerned about someone getting to -10 right after the day opens" and short of having a super strong town read on someone I just don't see it. You can argue it's different playstyles but it just reads as scummy to me, trying to jump out in front of this vote as if the votes in the early going are going to create some unstoppable force. The interesting question here for me is "if I am right about this is it wanting to get in front to say 'see I knew Hal was town' or to make a save", which I don't really have an answer to. Little note to self to circle around once I get done with the 13 pages to go back and find your grandi case if it doesn't make itself apparent with your "future" vote.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

CCKeane posted:

This is SUSPICIOUS.

Did you really think it was suspicious or was that a bit? If "yes", why?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Yami Fenrir posted:

Turns out my brain just doesn't want to work for this (RL) day so I'll strive to get proper reads during this (game) day instead but I want to say that Steak's behavior re: the rarity lunch bothers me.

Honestly both he and Sandwolf do, with the way they just swooped in to declare that "they acquired too many votes too fast" which honestly seems like a horseshit reason to me, especially with the surprisingly big D1 case material in their content.

Both of them seemed too sure that rarity is town for my liking in those early posts if that makes sense? Preemptively distancing from a lunch they know is town, only to then go back on it later anyway because you know, actual case and stuff. I feel like both largely avoided having an actual stated opinion on them? Other than the votecount argument, which I really feel is strenuous.

I only skimmed tho so maybe I'm just seeing things. Does anyone else feel the same?

Hi Yami, looking at votefinder it does not appear that (or anyone else) ever voted for Steak today, what ever happened to this? Do you still feel this way and have decided lurker lunch is better? You voted for Ceyton, me, and Chic today as your only votes when you have at least a half-proper scum read here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Ceyton posted:

Steak seems like he genuinely thought Rarity was town but then got convinced by Bif's case.

However, this:

is making me go :thunk:

This is the scummiest post in the game I have read yet