Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Ceyton posted:

I was about to argue but then I found this

quote:

I asked for a three bullet point case on Rarity and no one responded on it. I have seen nothing in Rarity's posting that makes me think they're scum, nothing that makes me think they're town, but I am waiting for someone to try to actually convince me instead of just keep saying 'Rarity is scummy' and reposting some weird interaction with Hal early on.

which makes me feel a little better.

Ceyton what about sandwolf's post here makes you feel better?

This to me reads that you were trying to find someone to make a case for scum on, found Sandwolf saying "I don't think Rarity is scum" and then voting Rarity, and went for it. Now you realize it was a deadline vote and you're trying to backpedal away. Why would Sandwolf saying "No one told me why Rarity is scum" in between "I dont think Rarity is scum" and voting for Rarity make you feel better?

If you weren't at -2 I'd be voting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Saw the yellow boxes in preview, and the answers are:

1) Yes

2) They pushed you as scum for saying you didn't think Rarity was scum and then you voted at deadline. Like, come on man. That's extremely obviously "Went to Sandwolfs post history and started reading devoid of context". There is no world where your vote is a bad vote! Then they tried to spin away and say "Oh well actually I'm fine with Sandwolf because later he said no one had explained the rarity case", like, what????

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

CCKeane posted:

quote:

Ehhhhhhhh

I'm not seeing Grandi over Rarity/Amni today.

I'll just ##vote Rarity for now. Both to consolidate votes and because I just keep waffling between the two. Rarity's recent posts haven't changed my opinion at all,

Did Sandwolf say anything about Rarity, actually?

quote:

L
Honestly both he and Sandwolf do, with the way they just swooped in to declare that "they acquired too many votes too fast" which honestly seems like a horseshit reason to me, especially with the surprisingly big D1 case material in their content.

Both of them seemed too sure that rarity is town for my liking in those early posts if that makes sense? Preemptively distancing from a lunch they know is town, only to then go back on it later anyway because you know, actual case and stuff. I feel like both largely avoided having an actual stated opinion on them? Other than the votecount argument, which I really feel is strenuous.

Second post is talking about distancing in a vote, and it feels like the first post is distancing in there.

Keane (or anyone else who can figure this out) explain this post because I can not parse what you are saying here.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Hal Incandenza posted:

Short thankfully, still hate when they put people in the middle seat at the last second when I went out of my way to choose a seat with no one next to me.

Know this pain. Makes me wish my company was a Delta first since my understanding is they still aren't doing middle seats. At least I was able to hit platinum for AA this year with all the travelling. As of right now though I'm the only person in the exit row at all so maybe I'll get to enjoy that? Probably not but a man can dream

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Sandwolf posted:

I don’t like it! IP at least felt sincere and I could tell a bit more he was having a laugh. Slord felt like he was trying to actively dodge responding.

I am sorry that I am not as funny as noted funny man IcePhoenix

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Grandicap posted:

I am very confused about Bif's constant suspicion on me. Like every third post is just a subtle, "hey, remember, Grandi is scum."
Since I now think she is town I was just trying to ignore it, but I feel like just throwing that out there every 5 minutes is going to let the idea of me being a scum permeate the atmosphere until it just becomes a thing everyone is comfortable with.
I would like to say, for the record, I am not scum.

Yes why would someone try to get people to vote for their preferred candidate, this is truly a mystery

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Yami Fenrir posted:

Beginning rereading now.

Got slightly delayed because I also had a weather based migraine on top of just being sadbrains, when it rains it pours huh.

First reread victim: Grandicap, as per decree of towniest town bif.

Grandicap's 3 suspicions early on. Honestly... All 3 of those ping me in different ways. The first one seem overblown to me, painting the people in a bad light almost as the main goal more than anything. The third one's just wishy washy "doesn't feel like meta".

Of note is that Grandicap ended up voting IA, which is supposedly "a tone read" whereas "AC is oozing with scum-mind", which... would imply a stronger scumread? Not entirely sure whats up there.

Also Grandicap REALLY wants us to know that the rarity lunch is bad and oh no we're going to townie and oh no I will vote the townie to prevent a no lunch.

Not entirely sure Grandicap is the right vote because their tone just seems to ping me overall since it seems somewhat... theatrical? no matter what. But these are things that bothered me with grandi d1.

While Yami ends this case with saying they are not sure Grandi is the right vote (which is a :thunk: that gives me pause), I like this case and agree with it. Feel good to ##vote grandi

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Sandwolf posted:

alternatively, I have no interest in this game getting to D4, we've lunched mostly talkative people, then I have to spend 2x effort trying to get anyone to even post

I think we should lunch chaoslord today. He is actively lurking (responds when called out), when prodded for reads he dodged and avoided, and then immediately disappeared back into the background.

Vote Chaoslord.

I did what now?

You asked if I had anything to add and I said I didn't. That's not a dodge, that's not avoiding, that's me telling the truth. I can start making up reads if you would like.

Here is one I just made up.

I think Referee is scum. He barely has more posts than me (this post will tie us, albeit I have been posting a lot to catch up so I am giving him credit for that) and has managed four votes: a joke vote on me, a joke(?) vote on taste, managed to get on to the Rarity vote early based on a ping, and then the vote on Rhjamiz because of squiggs case. Seems like a scum player floating along.

I repeat that this is a made up case, I picked Referee by using a random number generator, looking up their post history, and searching for ##vote. I do not know why this is preferable for Sandwolf than someone who hadn't read the game stating they have nothing to add, but there you go.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

SalTheBard posted:

I'm a Blue Mage so I can copy abilities and use the following night. I figured if I could copy Yami's ability it might be a form of "soft copping" but instead I got a message saying my action failed. I'm trying to figure out if Yami got jailed or something or if they just don't have a night action I can copy.

lmao Sal why do you always do things like this

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Squiggly posted:

That's a lot of effort that could have gone into an actual read

It took literally two minutes, if you consider that effort I dont know what to tell you

Sandwolf posted:

jfc chaoslord keep reading

It's a lot of posts! I'm trying! Be thankful I chose to not move hotel today or else I would just now be getting settled in for the night. Look at me, making real life decisions based on my wanting to play mafia. I'm going to have to wake up at 6am to drive 2 hours to the airport but I am here now.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Sandwolf posted:

this is valid, not saying it isn't, but I do find it curious that you're making those judgments totally beyond any alignments

Sandwolf dont humor Sal, people can vote or post however they want but calling it valid is silly. Like am I going to ever vote Hawke this game? Almost certainly not short of a big result, and I will always completely own up to it being a stupid blind spot of mine, but I would never call that "valid".

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

CCKeane posted:

Hmm! So I have a gut read on chaos being scum but I don't have anything to back this up, but this exchange feels alright? I think "I don't have anything to add" feels valid and that's the core of what chaos is saying here. Was there anything else or is this your best example?

I know you have a gut scum read on me but thank you, was beginning to think I am in bizarro world

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRMMYeeeBQs

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Grandicap posted:

His 3rd game. Hmmmm. New, or scum and new?

hmmm ok, this changes things for me. I reluctantly agree with Sandwolf.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

t a s t e posted:

Who is.

Scum

you

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

t a s t e posted:

Ok ##vote chaos

Wow, betrayed.

Taste I want you to know that I laughed quite a bit at this exchange from a while ago

Grandicap posted:

Also, always down to execute taste, but that has nothing to do specifically to do with his gameplay this game.

t a s t e posted:

Oh, thanks

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Hal Incandenza posted:

Now if person X shows up and just is like hey jerk leave me alone and then leaves again without posting any content (like chaos lord did earlier today) that is totally scummy.

When did this happen?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Gumball Gumption posted:

I'm trying

##Vote Ceyton

Think this is the worst of the Ceyton votes

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

DGK2000 posted:

Keane feels like Keane, I can't pin him down. Right now he's a bit town to me, he started a bit of convo and it's good. I think right now that IP is scummy, I didn't like his play around flipped scum. Slord just feels like uninvested town

Please don't be scum, the last thing I need is like the only person calling me town to be scum lol

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

IcePhoenix posted:

I don't like this

IcePhoenix posted:

I especially don't like the idea that high content scum is worth keeping around because they're going to try and push conversation away from their scumbuddies.

:agreed:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Sandwolf posted:

I’d be happy to go back to Chaos too since he failed the extremely low bar of: “post literally loving anything of merit.”

Hi Sandwolf, we have played in what I feel like is a lot of games before, so we've been around each other a bit and interacted here or there. I am unsure if you are aware of my exact mannerisms or whatever, but I'm kind of a goody two-shoes type who doesn't typically swear or things like that. I bring that all up to say:

gently caress you, dude. What do you want from me? I'm sorry I had to work late yesterday, I'm sorry it took longer to do my homework last night than I wanted, and I'm sorry I couldn't start really playing today until after I got back to the hotel from work. I get it! I've been absent! And I would argue anyway that I posted a decent case on Amni given it was D1! I was wrong, it turned out, but I've been trying to play mafia when I am here. But, man, I called out last night that I didn't know when I would be able to post today and I know you saw it because you were the first person to reply to it. And yet, rather than giving me the chance to finish work and get in to post, it's crap like this. I want to play. I didn't sign up to this game to never post! I changed around my schedule for tonight explicitly so I could participate since it's a deadline night! Half the game wasn't even around for deadline D1 but I managed to clear that bar, and seeing how many posts in the last two hour have been mine versus others I'm starting to think that we might get an absent deadline tonight too, but I'm here! Or, was going to be, anyway.

I'm going to be pretty busy through Monday and I just don't care enough to deal with crap like this for another game day vote for me ##vote chaoslord

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Yay town! Some dangerous flavor-alignment assumptions but it all worked out in the end :toot:

Sandwolf maybe next time someone says they won’t be around for a while the next day and you say it’s ok and post when you get a chance, don’t get upset when that person hasn’t posted in the middle of the work day

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Yeah, sure, it worked out, but the thing most of us were saying is that this:

Yami Fenrir posted:

freya would be town flavor

Is an extremely bad place to hang your hat. Trusting that before the IA/Hawke misplay was wild. Made more sense after, kinda.

Like, obviously all the flips to that point had been bad guys, but what would you expect the scum team to be, all good guys? No, of course not. If there is going to be a good guy on the scum team (and there usually is, but this is not an absolute of course which is why flavor-alignment arguments are bad), using the 3 bad guy flips as "it doesn't make sense for a good guy to also be scum" is offkilter.

Similarly I can't believe Chic didn't get more heat down the stretch. SNG having a lot of kills made it less likely for them to be scum, so I can follow "I dont think scum would get a traditional NK + poison every night in a game with a 2 shot doctor and a bunch of VT", but scum getting a 2 shot vig would not really have been crazy. Scum get 1-shot vigs here and there and I think in Chic's TWEWY Scum ended up with a 2 or 3 shot Vig that we rode to a nice victory iirc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Yami Fenrir posted:

As for chic, I honestly don't know. Part of my issue this game was that I basically constantly felt like I was playing from behind as my sadbrains took basically an entire game day of getting reads away from me. I was mostly playing by gut at the the time until Sandwolf died and I rallied behind avenging his murder. Which didn't mean much because I was basically entirely wrong anyway...

You led the town to a win. You did a good job trusting your gut and being right, even if I was saying "wow yami is right for the wrong reasons". It's a fun party game, if we really all cared about being right for the right reasons all the time we would play more Resistance lol. It just gave obs something to talk about, you pulled the right stuff in the end.