Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Rhjamiz posted:

I am legally obligated to take part in FF9 Mafia, the Best FF.

Hey how ya been Jammiez! Ok I will probably play now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sandwolf posted:

I don’t know about that, Buster!

I once knew a guy with spiky hair who had a breadcrumb like this

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

My goal is to get someone else actually talking about FF9 ffs

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

chaoslord posted:

Hi Bif who is your favorite FF9 character?

Probably Steiner. Tough call between him and Vivi. But why even pick a favourite when they make a great team!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I just love the dorky Knights of Pluto theme music so much

WOMP

WOMP

WERMP

WERMP

*clank clank clank clank clank clank clank clank...*

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

flerp posted:

oh hey bif ##vote bif

Not a dayvidge what gives

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mr. Steak posted:

wtf does hot or cold mean?

##vote steak

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mr. Steak posted:

im too exhausted for a rematch rn bif

No you need to explain your ignorance of the best minigame right now mister

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Amnistar posted:

He doesn't know Tetra Master?

##vote Amnistar

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Yami Fenrir posted:

Morning.

I just woke up and I already feel like going to sleep, but I have to work.

:negative:

I just got off work and already feel like going to sleep, but I have to feed and entertain the kid

:tootzzz: :hf: :tootzzz:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Yami Fenrir posted:

As a (thankfully) ex-train commuter:

Children are the devil.

Minifauxnen loves the train! :3:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Noice, IA wins even though he shares everyone's collective amnesia of how a tier list works.

S tier: IV - Admittedly coloured by nostalgia, but this game just does so many things well. The characters each have very individualised abilities, and their rotating in and out of the party based on where you are in the story keeps things fresh. The plot is often cliched, but it hits strong emotional notes. And Cecil's whole arc has surprising depth that makes him my favourite FF protagonist by far. The dark knight redeeming himself and becoming a paladin seems like such a basic archetype. But Cecil's struggles in the early game to grapple with the wrong done by his country and its leader, and having the integrity and the courage to question it, putting actual morality over patriotism (even though said leader is family to him!), stands out to me as such a valuable example that I wish more people took to heart in our lovely political climates.

A tier: IX, X, Tactics, VII

B tier: VI (more of a B+, I do love this game a lot but just not quite as much as the ones above)

C tier: VIII, Mystic Quest

D tier: V, I, III

F tier: II

Get off my lawn tier: anything past X

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Yami Fenrir posted:

Mind elaborating on this?

I didn't think it was that bad, other than being seemingly pretty grindy at least.

I got horribly stuck on some fire elemental boss though.

I dig what they were trying to do with the experimental leveling, it was just buggy as hell and I couldn't get very far and wasn't inspired at all to stick with it.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

But more importantly:

Yami Fenrir posted:

I didn't think it was that bad, other than being seemingly pretty grindy at least.

I got horribly stuck on some fire elemental boss though.

Yami Fenrir posted:

I personally only ever played FFT.

CONTRADICTION SPOTTED caught ya now scumbo

##vote Yami

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hal Incandenza posted:

Must be Aerith from Disc 3

Lol, don't you mean disc 2 though, in disc 3 she's arguably doing something again

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

IcePhoenix posted:

usually with excel, or google sheets if I need to share it with others

I also appreciated this joke

Hal Incandenza posted:

How do you feel about Grandicaps bad vote?

I'm more concerned with you sounding suspiciously serious so early

Rarity posted:

I think this is the most active I've ever seen Hal play

Eh I've seen him gradually ramp up into getting active, it's more the tone, all "thus" and poo poo, that's getting me, especially so early

Rarity posted:

##vote Hal

He just admitted his posting is for show and not because he cares about finding scum

Oh lol are you serious this makes it seem like not such a good point anymore

Mr. Steak posted:

yeah i agree. admitting it is way worse than doing it (ie half the thread)

Ok maybe Hal is scum but Rarity and Steak are gonna harp on it for stupid annoying reasons

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

##vote Hal

I was gonna vote Rarity for her :stare: face seeming like a kinda forced reaction to a nice part of jokephase but now I'm getting a different vibe

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Grandicap posted:

:stare: is a scumtell now? I thought it was :rolleyes:

I thought it was :shrug: but in any case, this :stare: was a one-off

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mr. Steak posted:

pls dont misunderstand, bif. i was shading rarity there

Yeah I think that was a bad reason but I think she thinks it's a good reason

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

It's mafia not popcon

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

But Squiggly if you're a zombie the Life spell will just instakill you duh

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Actually I heard you need to do something with the Underwater materia

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Rarity posted:

These posts don't really match up to me. Bif's ragging on me for one thing but then she'd vote me for a different thing and doesn't even mention the other stuff?

Let me try and help the "matching up" of these two posts made in immediate succession make more sense to you.

The thing I was ragging on you about was your post against Hal sounding like a bad reason.

Rarity posted:

##vote Hal

He just admitted his posting is for show and not because he cares about finding scum

I think taking an amusing casual comment of being stuck in a meeting and padding your post count as actual evidence of scumminess like this, and arguing that so unironically at face value, is kinda laughable. I agree Hal could be scum but if I was scum Hal rn, I'd be extremely annoyed at being called out for what's probably one of the more genuine posts.

If Hal is scum, I am annoyed that you are making the case sound kinda bad to me now but luckily I was already finding his early serious face kinda sus lookin.

Next, I didn't say I "would" vote you for the "one thing", which was the :stare: face, I said I was going to vote you for that. I thought it was worth still mentioning that one tiny thing since it did ping me but by the time I read through all the posts and was writing mine, I'd seen your response to Hal and it felt more like a bad town callout to me than scum trying to frame Hal up. I think if you were scum you wouldn't be making such a facile fakecase.

As for what other stuff I didn't even mention, I'm not sure what you mean

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

You post bad
But feels like town bad

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sandwolf posted:

That is a massive post on very little Bif

I just know where this is going cause Rarity has posted like this at me before. (she was also town then which is further giving me the feeling that she's doing the same kinda routine)

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Grandicap makin sense and understanding a single word that comes outta my mouth, pretty sus

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

He's got 3 out of 14 votes mate come off it

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

If this pretty tentative lead on Hal and the "Squiggly's PR is annoying" cases are the only serious things going by deadline though, I'm gonna be pretty disappointed.

Especially when Mr. "I'm so committed to the cause of ignoring jokephase" Steak is on the case

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

apostateCourier posted:

I like not having a few words take up a fifth of a page.

Yeah to be fair this is pretty ridiculous

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Idle Amalgam posted:

Hmmmm

I still feel pretty good about bif even with switch to Hal here.

I thought her points preceding the Hal vote were good.

IA your brain usually works the exact opposite way mine does and you expect me to believe that you are gonna be on the totally-getting-my-vibe train this game? What points preceding the Hal vote? I had exactly one serious post before the Hal vote, which was the post immediately preceding the Hal vote. And there wasn't a whole lot there for making points. I only got more serious as I went along after that, reacting to Rarity. Before that was nothing but a shitload of jokeposts and chitchat.

Yeah I think IA's sucking up rn

##vote IA

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Rarity posted:

- Steak hasn't gone too off the wall whackjob yet which makes me think he's trying to control his impulses which reads scummy to me

- Chic's 'oh hey game is going cool cool well see ya peeps' posting is bad

- I feel like Idle's interaction with Bif is coming from a good place so leaning town on them

- Re: Hal, dude admitted his posting was about keeping up appearances, I don't get what people aren't seeing here

- Squiggly is annoying and his dumb posting gimmick is anti-town

Could maybe agree on Steak. He didn't flip the gently caress out when I dropped that comment about Mr. Anti-jokephase being on the case, so I feel that "trying to control his impulses" read all right

Null on Chic though, that check-in could just be a "hey just so y'all know I didn't forget the game is on or anything, I'm here but can't post more yet, bbl" which could be very true regardless of alignment.

I am astounded you think IA proclaiming my townieness is coming from a good place when the posts he's praising are the ones you don't think "add up".

Re: Hal... Man I think trying to explain again is a lost cause. He could be scum but if he is, you're really making the case on him sound even weaker than it already is.

Squiggly is very objectively antitown sure, man between him and Chic and what you think is the best case on Hal, you sure are pushing a lot of basic textbook safe-sounding stuff

Might need to rethink

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Amnistar posted:

I don't agree that I'm ignoring posts. My primary read on AC comes from the fact that they immediately pressed for more information about a claim early in the day. My secondary reason for thinking them scum is that their most recent jump onto the Rarity vote, one of the two vote leaders, with a case that is...meh. Yes, I'm not talking about other posts, but that's simply because they don't make me think they are or aren't scum.

AC pressed for more information about "a claim"? This is a provocative turn of phrase, implying she's role fishing or something, when you seem to mean it in the more mundane sense. I thought she made a really straightforward "uh... why tho" reaction to an early D1 post that declared a lot of intentions for no discernable reason.

Not sure yet if Amni's pushing this too far as scum though. I've only played with AC a tiny bit but I came into this with a vague meta memory of sympathising with their plight when they were wrongly suspected, and that might be coloring things where I read more towniness into her posts than others naturally will.

Grandicap posted:

Third is Bif. And this is entirely a self-meta thing... I think. Or maybe just regular meta. But I usually find myself agreeing with Bif's train of though, or at least following it and believing it is genuine. This Bif doesn't feel like that.
It's kind of like when people say "I think it's Grandi, I don't know why, but I just feel something off", which people usually say when I'm scum then never actually vote me. But that's the feeling I'm getting from Bif. A strong scum game so you have to look for the ripples under the water.

Obviously the weakest of the reads, but it kind of has to be because Bif wouldn't make any of the classic blunders like getting involved in a land war in Asia...

Lol you wrote all this just to vote who I'm votin so you must agree with my train of thought enough. I'm watchin you bud

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I've been taking a while to come around on Rarity cause that point against Hal was so bad, it just reminded me of how annoyed I was in a recent game when I was scum against her as town, and her reason for correctly voting me was nearly as bad.

But in that game, she was also a really active bulldog town posting enough to make good points too. Here she's rattling off junk like "Squiggly's being objectively annoying and anti-town" and "Chic is lurking this is bad", stuff that isn't nuanced or actually noticing anything insightful, stuff that can't really be argued with.

Also I noticed she had the last post in Let's Play Danganronpa, time stamped a half hour ago but she still hasn't posted here :v:

##vote Rarity

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Amnistar posted:

without rereading the thread my opinion of Rarity is:

I don't know I haven't read anything they've posted.

Lol what

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Amnistar posted:

More specifically, it's a 24 person game and trying to keep up with everything means that I'm keeping up with no one, so I'm skimming right now and paying attention to people that jump out at me. Rarity has not jumped out at me so I have no current opinion, will go reread since you asked though Yami.

Lots of people have interacted with her though and mentioned that Hal vote in particular, how does this happen

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Yami Fenrir posted:

But you're throwing Shade at AC over voting them?

I don't like that whatsoever.

You know what that says to me?

That you don't even try to discern AC's motives behind voting them.

Really looking more and more like scum amni here.

I just looked over his posts to see if I could catch him reacting to Rarity indirectly, by reacting to something like my bigass post replying to her, but came up short..

Cause dude is like laser focused on just the AC thing, goddamn. Would vote.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Idle Amalgam posted:

we aren't THAT diametrically opposed.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Amnistar posted:

remember to make sure at least one of them is actually on your scum team!

Quoting this cause it'd be so hilarious if this is scum distancing banter, wish I could be bothered to find whichever game Amni made the "you would totally say this as scum just to be smug later" argument against Sci so I could quote that too

Idle Amalgam posted:

Is this you realizing that we are of one mind, sound in judgment, and belief?

Because if so... good.

I think Amni is trying to force this suspicion on AC.

Even if rarity x hal looks eyepop bad to me, Amni's insistence on AC seems overdone.

##vote amni

Yeah. I don't like Grandi's push on you, compounded further by the fact he was pushing you in agreeance with me, while shading me for the fact he can't agree with my way of thinking!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Yeah I'm feeling a whole Rarity/Amni/Grandi probability cloud rn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hal Incandenza posted:

I think "I don't remember Rarity" is very fake sounding despite the size of the game, rarity has been around every major thing to happen (is so much as major stuff happens D1)

Saaaaaame