Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

I'm in, on condition that I can vig anyone who posts a wrong opinion about any FF game :hai:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Or if the mod won't allow that, I'll settle for IRL viging.

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

(Scum)Hunter's Chance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWhzsqGudpk

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Everyone please post your FF tier lists so I can determine how scummy you are. TIA

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Rarity posted:

IX
XIV
X/X-2
V
VII
VI
XV
XII
XI
IV
III
I
II

VIII

XIII/XIII-2/LR

Weak town

SalTheBard posted:

Maybe it's because of rose colored glasses but I think FF8 is a great game. The PS1 era of games are all incredibly good. Also you forgot FF Mystic Quest you philistine!

Weak town / mixed. What did you like about 8?

Amnistar posted:

VI
V
IX

Any of the others.

Town power role

Idle Amalgam posted:

Tactics
VI
V
IV
VII
X
VIII

Town hypercharger

Bifauxnen posted:

Noice, IA wins even though he shares everyone's collective amnesia of how a tier list works.

S tier: IV - Admittedly coloured by nostalgia, but this game just does so many things well. The characters each have very individualised abilities, and their rotating in and out of the party based on where you are in the story keeps things fresh. The plot is often cliched, but it hits strong emotional notes. And Cecil's whole arc has surprising depth that makes him my favourite FF protagonist by far. The dark knight redeeming himself and becoming a paladin seems like such a basic archetype. But Cecil's struggles in the early game to grapple with the wrong done by his country and its leader, and having the integrity and the courage to question it, putting actual morality over patriotism (even though said leader is family to him!), stands out to me as such a valuable example that I wish more people took to heart in our lovely political climates.

A tier: IX, X, Tactics, VII

B tier: VI (more of a B+, I do love this game a lot but just not quite as much as the ones above)

C tier: VIII, Mystic Quest

D tier: V, I, III

F tier: II

Get off my lawn tier: anything past X

Town

Gumball Gumption posted:

12 might be my favorite. 15 is easy better than people give it credit for but I don't blame them, it shipped unfinished. The cute boy band protagonists do a lot of the heavy lifting to make the game fun

Nice try, jester.

CCKeane posted:

FFXV is the best because who doesn't like a road trip with pals?

Anyway I have determined that chaos is scum.

Likely scum

CapitalistPig posted:

I am doing tier list because , I can.

6>4>5>3>9>Tactics>7>1>X>X-2>Mystic Quest>8>2

I never completed any of the other ones so have no opinion of them.

Mod = God

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

IcePhoenix posted:

anyway here's my Final Fantasy tier list I guess

T1: IX, XIV, SMRPG
T2: X, VI, XV, FF7r
T3: WoFF, XII
T4: FFTA, VII, VIII
T5: XIII
T6: III

Everything else I either haven't played or didn't play enough of to bother ranking.

Town

apostateCourier posted:

S: 14, 7r, 6, 9, Tactics, 10-2's mechanics
A: 5, 7, 10, 4, T:Adv 1&2
B: 1, 3,
C: 12,
D: 2, 13, 8
F: the rest of 10-2

I have omitted ones I have not played.

Town power role

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Mr. Steak posted:

i literally dont know poo poo about final fantasy i just signed up for mafia

Another town hypercharger? I have some pretty big questions about this game's setup.

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

:raise:

US or Japanese numbering?

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

No.

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Amnistar posted:

Pressing is a scum move.

Amnistar posted:

But yes, most accurate day 1 scum tell is complaining about number of posts. 40% of the time it works every time.

Amnistar posted:

I beleive you wanted to know if they were being serious or not. I beleive that having that position on day 1 is inherently scummy.

Amnistar posted:

It's also the biggest scum tell you can find, especially on day one.

Take it easy, Robespierre

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Amnistar posted:

And yet, it is a true statement!

I'm having a hard time believing you could gloss over Rarity's posts like that. Especially given how active you've been.

And you have some pretty strong opinions for someone who's not reading the thread.

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

##vote amni

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Amnistar posted:

Way to misrepresent my stance entirely! Ceyton is probably scum here as well.

I am reading the thread, I'm just not actively reading and remembering everything because there is a poo poo ton of people posting, so I'm engaging where I think it makes sense and not registering for long term recall things that don't.

One of the pillars of your case on AC is that she moved her vote to Rarity, who as you say, was one of the vote leaders at the time.

You don't feel the vote leader is worth thinking about?

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Oh yeah, and it's a lovely argument anyway, since AC's vote was originally on the other leader (Squiggs).

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Amnistar posted:

This is also, incidently, and incredibly tenious read on squiggly, not a sure-fire lock like AC is.

I also don't like how you've been making a lot of ultra-confident statements about AC being scum. It's pretty loving far from the slam dunk you think it is.

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Sandwolf posted:

Holy poo poo Amni what is happening. There are scum scummy loving people in this game, Amni isn’t one of them. I’m nearly positive this is town Amni, I’m nearly positive AC is scum, and this is a big nasty plot to push against scum.

So you're also confident AC is scum? Can you elaborate, because I'm not seeing it.

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Disorder or not, AC's posting seems to me like a normal reaction to someone strongly and repeatedly accusing you of being scum despite a flimsy case.

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Amnistar posted:

So, gonna do this now because I won't get a chance to later. I'm Steiner, and I'm a bodyguard. Not a huge loss for town if I do get killed.

DGK2000 posted:

I'd prefer not to die, I finally have a role I like.

CapitalistPig posted:

You are Steiner

You are an Elite Bodyguard

If what happened is what I think happened... well played, guys :laugh:

In either case, thank you for your service Amni :patriot:

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Not really feeling the Hal case.

Him, Mills and taste all seem to be :sissies: posting buddies so I'm not taking those interactions too seriously.

The b-minus post about him feels more like a soft push rather than a soft bus.

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Steak seems like he genuinely thought Rarity was town but then got convinced by Bif's case.

However, this:

Sandwolf posted:

Furthermore, I don’t think Rarity is scummy at all, not one bit, and the ease with which they’ve acquired votes today makes me p sure they’re not scum.

Sandwolf posted:

##vote Rarity

is making me go :thunk:

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

I was about to argue but then I found this

Sandwolf posted:

I asked for a three bullet point case on Rarity and no one responded on it. I have seen nothing in Rarity's posting that makes me think they're scum, nothing that makes me think they're town, but I am waiting for someone to try to actually convince me instead of just keep saying 'Rarity is scummy' and reposting some weird interaction with Hal early on.

which makes me feel a little better.

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

b-minus1 posted:

This is your first non jokephase post and oh man it is a terrible one. “Amni defense cavalry” tells me you think amni is scum yet you voted sandwolf

Yeah I’m gonna ##vote gumball

b-minus1 posted:

Ok so gumball isn’t gonna happen. I’ve nailed him as scum before. he lurked until he was called out,and suddenly became active when he was in danger of being lunched. Lets not get to that point

More legitimate bus than the one on Hal IMO

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

I'm kind of wondering about Bif's claim and how it relates to the case against Grandi now.

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

SHALASHASKA HAWKE posted:

Ceylon I would vote for being Girondist scum

Sacré bleu!!! :guillotine:

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Grandicap posted:

I am very confused about Bif's constant suspicion on me. Like every third post is just a subtle, "hey, remember, Grandi is scum."
Since I now think she is town I was just trying to ignore it, but I feel like just throwing that out there every 5 minutes is going to let the idea of me being a scum permeate the atmosphere until it just becomes a thing everyone is comfortable with.
I would like to say, for the record, I am not scum.

I've been thinking about this as well.

I believe her claim about tracking Amni and being the NK target, because fakeclaiming tracker seems like a pretty bad gambit. Especially on a D2 where scum is already -2.

I think the post that ruffled scum's feathers was actually this one (re: b-minus' vote on GG):

Bifauxnen posted:

They should make an emoji that combines psyduck and ironicat, they can call it psyronicat

However, there's also this:

Grandicap posted:

Third is Bif. And this is entirely a self-meta thing... I think. Or maybe just regular meta. But I usually find myself agreeing with Bif's train of though, or at least following it and believing it is genuine. This Bif doesn't feel like that.
It's kind of like when people say "I think it's Grandi, I don't know why, but I just feel something off", which people usually say when I'm scum then never actually vote me. But that's the feeling I'm getting from Bif. A strong scum game so you have to look for the ripples under the water.

Obviously the weakest of the reads, but it kind of has to be because Bif wouldn't make any of the classic blunders like getting involved in a land war in Asia...

Bifauxnen posted:

Yeah. I don't like Grandi's push on you, compounded further by the fact he was pushing you in agreeance with me, while shading me for the fact he can't agree with my way of thinking!

Which isn't a terribly good look for you, but given the b-minus comment it's not a slam dunk.

She also shaded Hal and IA, but backed off those fairly quickly so I don't think that was it.

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Grandicap posted:

To be fair, there is no way Bif would fakeclaim tracker in this situation. She might real-claim tracker as scum.
But that is unlikely because there is no real gain and a huge downside if caught in a lie on track targets.
So if she is a tracker, and she did track Amni, and she did see Amni visit her, and there were 3 kills last night, then Bif is town.

UNLESS there are 3 kills another night, and the Amni BG isn't one of the kills. Then Bif could be entirely telling the truth and still scum.
I think that's worth entirely discounting until we see another night with 3 kills though.

If we assume Bif is telling the truth about

1) Being a tracker
2) Tracking Amni N1, and received the result that Amni visited her

Then Bif was scum's NK target. Can there be any other explanation?

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Grandicap posted:

That all but hard clears Bif to me. It is so low probability that she makes that claim as scum that I am willing to discount it entirely.

Hmmm

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Maf edit: oops, misread your post. That's not as incriminating as I thought.

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

I'd be down to launch a lurker (LAL) or gank a gimmick (GAG) today.

My top picks would be taste (literal zero content + lazy bandwagon vote on Rarity) or GG (9 total posts, very low content, posting elsewhere but not here).

Chaoslord is acceptable. He's not the worst from a low-content perspective, he's even made an actual effort post or two, but there are also legit points on him that aren't just about lurking. So I'm comfortable dropping my vote here.

##vote chaos

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

This is what pinged me re: chaos:

chaoslord posted:

I don't! Unless you count thoughts about Risk Management

chaoslord posted:

Or I guess that I am glad Hawke is in the game. But I think that point was made quite clear from the other post so I don't know if that counts as an added thought

Dodge in response to a direct challenge to give reads.

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

CCKeane posted:

Hmm! So I have a gut read on chaos being scum but I don't have anything to back this up, but this exchange feels alright? I think "I don't have anything to add" feels valid and that's the core of what chaos is saying here. Was there anything else or is this your best example?

That's the main thing, yeah. I also didn't really like his exchange with AC earlier, but that's more of a gut feeling.

Gumball Gumption posted:

This feels like your agreeing to agree. Who would be your number one pick right now?

Ignoring the lurker stuff, I've grown more suspicious of Grandi since re-reading his case on AC and he's my top pick as it stands. But I also agree with Sandwolf that we should act on the lurker problem.

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

IcePhoenix posted:

I think it's....Rhjamiz!

Oh drat, that's a good point. Can't believe I glossed over him.

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Also, thank you for normalposting Squiggs :)

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

That's an actual decent case, and Rhjamiz is one of the worst lurkers. You win, Squiggs.

##vote Rhjamiz

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Grandicap posted:

His 3rd game. Hmmmm. New, or scum and new?

Why do you think I'm scum?

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Rhjamiz posted:

Now that I’m off work I have some time to catch up. Squiggs case is the flimsiest justification for a vote possible, but Ceylon is the more scummy for his vote. Just the absolute worst.

##vote Ceyton

I voted you because I'm looking for someone who is a) low participation, and b) has scum pings outside of low participation. I don't think you can argue point A. As for point B, the retroactive adjustment for the justification of your vote on Squiggly gave me a stronger ping than Chaoslord.

@Grandi: a big reason I'm more suspicious of you now is because you seem hypersensitive to even the mildest forms of suspicion:

Grandicap posted:

This is such shade for no goddamn reason. I didn't read posts before I entered the game, I am actively reading all posts past my entry into the thread. Seeing that many unread posts while not being in the game for less than 24 hours is disheartening. But this isn't a defense of my choice, it's the back handed reference to an event that has long since past and been rectified. It's the restoking of suspicion on me for reasons. This post is oozing with scum-mind. The calling out Keane is weird too. This response is to:

That's a hell of a reaction to someone saying "grandi's not reading posts".

More recently, there's this:

Grandicap posted:

Are you implying that Rhjamiz and I are scum together, and I am protecting him? Or am I reading too much into your post and you are just talking to be heard now that you are able to without a silly PR?

Which strikes me as a super paranoid take.

Although I will also admit I'm being influenced by Bif here. I have fairly high confidence she's town, as you yourself do.

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Sandwolf posted:

he even posted like 100+ times in 20 minutes to steal control of a lurker gun from someone (me), just because he didn't trust I wasn't scum.

:lol: That's loving amazing.

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Rhjamiz posted:

Why is A a priority?

quote:

A Lurker is a player who rarely posts, and when they do post, it's insubstantial, shitposting, or otherwise unhelpful. A good benchmark to see if someone is lurking is if a player has fewer posts than the game's moderator, whose postcount is typically very low.

Lurkers are considered to be one of the biggest nuisances in a game, since it's oftentimes impossible to actually determine if they are town or scum, since they post so infrequently.
Types of Lurkers

Standard Lurker: a player who is clearly in over their head, doesn't have the time to post substantive content, and can barely keep up with the thread. A mod should replace them if it is going to be a chronic problem. This type can be town or scum, since they are lurking for reasons generally unrelated to their alignment.

Scum Lurker: a scum player who is intentionally posting infrequently in order to avoid suspicion. This person is scum in real life.

Power Role Lurker: a town power role lurking to avoid getting attention of a nightkill. This is lame. If you're a townie you do far more for your team by posting frequently, making cases, and breadcrumbing your results, than you do by hiding in the shadows.

Content Lurker: a player who posts frequently, but rarely says anything substantive. This is seen as very scummy, since by posting often a player can dodge accusations of being a lurker, but by saying little they still have the same problems as lurkers: being impossible to determine if they are town or scum.

Players have tried to organize systematic lynches on lurkers, in order to both remove the uncertainty, and to punish lurking so as to encourage active posting in the community. Most players are reluctant, however, because lynching a lurker is seen as a crapshoot.

Still, anecdotally, it seems to be the case that in most games, most of the scum are lurkers. But townies often lurk right with them. And that's terrible.

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Do I really need to paraphrase why lurking tends to harm town?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Oh gently caress :supaburn: