Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
It feels like this show is specifically tailored for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
Each of these episodes feels like 3 times longer than it actually is. In a good way. It's incredible how much he packs in.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Slamhound posted:

Each of these episodes feels like 3 times longer than it actually is. In a good way. It's incredible how much he packs in.

I half rear end watch most shows I watch but I pay full attention to this because he packs amazing jokes in like a 2 second cut of some video.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

a new study bible! posted:

If you haven’t seen John’s movies on Vimeo they are a good watch… definitely to be completed after catching up on the series. Really interesting so see how he has and has not evolved.

https://vimeo.com/johnsmovies

i just watched his bed bug video - thanks for the heads up. I'll watch the rest for sure

TheArtist 314
Dec 25, 2004

What is your purpose?!

I just wanna rock!
“How to Keep Smoking” starts to really feel like he’s getting the rhythms of what the show would become, then the Spiritual Life episode feels like it could be a pilot. Pro click if you enjoy the show.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

I like how he humanizes odd folk without making it feel manufactured or saccharine. Like the guy who went on spring break alone, the avatar fans, or even the Bang mansion guy.

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

The LIQUOR BOTTLES are out in full force.
MOM is surely nearby.
Just wanted to pop in and say that I went to college with, and then subsequently lived in Williamsburg a couple of blocks away from John

He was one of the most creative and funniest people in our program since the day I knew him, and his success is 100% completely deserved and couldn't have happened to a more wretched little trash gremlin of a human being (non-derogatory)

Our alma mater is famous for being one of the weirdest loving cinema curriculums in the country and every single episode of this show is like a speedrun of four years of what we were asked to do on a daily basis

I probably saw about 50+ of his student films as they were being made and they were pretty much all incredible, he won first place in our graduating class exhibition for his thesis film

If anyone has the opportunity to fund him, bet on it

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

I just got HBO for the first time in years and I got caught up with this. What a fantastic season. It reminds me of Channel 5 with Andrew Callahan on YouTube - a humanizing look at some of the strangest and sometimes sweetest little corners of society.

Between this and The Rehearsal, it’s a great time for thought-provoking and slightly awkward comedy.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I’ve been drifting in and out of Season 2. Took me months to get to the finale. But it was great. God I love his ex-landlord. Her holding his hand and doing his laundry brought tears to my eyes.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
For a long time I didn't watch this show but now I've watched it and I'm so glad I did. It's so good.

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Is it coming back

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

worms butthole guy posted:

Is it coming back
Yep, thankfully.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The show probably costs less to make than any show in HBO history, so it'll always have that going for it.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
They have to pay him enough to afford the mortgage on a million dollar house, plus they are on the hook for the monthly cost of storing his chair forever.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

This finally returns next Wednesday month:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XDwwlahdkM

edit: vv drat you

wa27 fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Jun 23, 2023

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

sorry to break the bad news but it actually returns friday july 28

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Oh hell yeah.

Edit: I meant to say, wow

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

sorry to break the bad news but it actually returns friday july 28

Whelp time to resubscribe to Max

ricro
Dec 22, 2008
Succession into Gemstones and now John Wilson has done a good job keeping me subscribed to their silly app

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
New ep tonight baby

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Let’s fuckin do this poo poo

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Hey New York

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

RASHIBA WALLACE posted:

New ep tonight baby

:hellyeah:

Rollos
Aug 11, 2007

Hold on, won't be long
Didn't know this show was back! Nice!

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

RASHIBA WALLACE posted:

New ep tonight baby

oh poo poo!!!!!

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

polethra

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Truly no show or movie has made New York look less appealing.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Great premiere. Humans are disgusting. ACAB

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I want to go to Stinky Steve's Silo arcade.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Henchman of Santa posted:

Truly no show or movie has made New York look less appealing.

I don't disagree, but this show makes me incredibly nostalgic for living there.

It's a very, very true to life view of the city.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

veni veni veni posted:

I want to go to Stinky Steve's Silo arcade.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Solid episode, I lost it when he did the self-cleaning bathroom. The final shot was :perfect:

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

Slow start, incredible payoff with the piss art

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
Stinky Steve is living the American dream

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Self cleaning bathroom had me and my S.O. laughing so hard we had to pause the show.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

It's incredible how much he can cover in 30 minutes.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

wa27 posted:

Self cleaning bathroom had me and my S.O. laughing so hard we had to pause the show.

Mine scream-laughed so suddenly the cat bolted off the couch.

Hirsute
May 4, 2007
Wow that was a great episode! I'm truly amazed at the crazy left turns this show constantly takes, and I'm like actually sort of concerned he's gonna end up murdered by getting into the wrong person's car or something. But goddamn what a funny show. The part with the prepper's wife talking about how she would miss seeing the outside world and her husband's response cracked me up so hard I had to pause for a minute

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

He legitimately did not seem prepared for how horrifying it was going to be to trick the self cleaning toilet to let him be in there.

Also it was hilarious how much footage he had of people who looked like they really needed to urgently take a poo poo. This guy has the mind of a real artist and really is a uniquely talented individual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The absolute violence of the self cleaning toilet slayed me too