Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
The winner of Uso/Cassidy is probably going to lose in the next round.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
So I was distracted by about 80 things today, so this poll is until Tuesday.

With 93% of the vote Orange Cassidy Moves on to Round 3.

Today we begin Round 3, with Owen Hart vs Bobo Brazil

https://strawpoll.com/62qwpe5xq

Tuesday we end the Pink Division with Katsuyori Shibata vs Bruiser Brody

Always remember, watch TJPW

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

No. gently caress off.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Now this is your show and you can do as you like, but maybe it's a bit counterproductive to specifically point out some rear end in a top hat who's most likely trying to get a rise out of people? Seems like it's giving them what they want.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I deleted the vote and this is a warning that if it happens again (it happened last round) that's it.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Senerio posted:

I deleted the vote and this is a warning that if it happens again (it happened last round) that's it.

Odds on it being the same fuckin rear end in a top hat who ruined the worst gimmick tournament?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Vince MechMahon posted:

Odds on it being the same fuckin rear end in a top hat who ruined the worst gimmick tournament?

I wouldn't be shocked.

Anyway, with 82% of the vote, Owen Hart moves on to the Pink Division Finals.

Today's vote is Bruiser Brody vs Katsuyori Shibata

https://strawpoll.com/9ccsvyx49

Tomorrow's vote is William Regal vs "Rowdy" Roddy Piper

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Oooh, today’s is close.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
With 55% of the vote, Katsuyori Shibata moves on to Round 4.

Today's poll is "Rowdy" Roddy Piper vs William Regal

https://strawpoll.com/49vw4vzsg

Tomorrow's poll is Hirooki Goto vs Tomohiro Ishii

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Goto vs Ishii is like actually a really interesting thought experiment.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

If Ishii was 4 inches taller he'd have been the champ many times over by now.

I've turned around on Goto in the last year and have been enjoying the Samurai Dad, but there's a reason he's never been a serious title threat despite being a G1 winner. loving Nakanishi held it in 2010 and Goto didn't

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Ishii is the best wrestler in the world. Goto is not the best wrestler in the world. I rest my case.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

SG Bamboo posted:

If Ishii was 4 inches taller he'd have been the champ many times over by now.

I've turned around on Goto in the last year and have been enjoying the Samurai Dad, but there's a reason he's never been a serious title threat despite being a G1 winner. loving Nakanishi held it in 2010 and Goto didn't

Goto is 80's Barry Windham - he's not the champion, but the guy who can be relied on to do a solid match with the champ. And I say this as someone who unironically loves Goto.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Cerebral Bore posted:

Ishii is the best wrestler in the world. Goto is not the best wrestler in the world. I rest my case.

That's me convinced. (I didn't need to be convinced)

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Today's poll is tied right now.

So your vote matters!

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Goto rules when he's on. He has the charisma and look of a champion too. I'm not sure whether we're supposed to be voting for the best wrestler who wasn't a champion with no other considerations or the person who most deserved to be a major champion but I've been voting based on the latter and I think Goto is above Ishii on those grounds. Even if you discount how short Ishii is, Goto has a personality beyond strong and mostly silent that lends itself better to being a major company's champion.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
He does?

SLUM KING
Nov 16, 2011

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Goto rules when he's on. He has the charisma and look of a champion too. I'm not sure whether we're supposed to be voting for the best wrestler who wasn't a champion with no other considerations or the person who most deserved to be a major champion but I've been voting based on the latter and I think Goto is above Ishii on those grounds. Even if you discount how short Ishii is, Goto has a personality beyond strong and mostly silent that lends itself better to being a major company's champion.

100% agree with all of this.

Ishii is my favorite wrestler and the man who got me back into pro-wrestling after spending years thinking I'd never watch it again but I'm glad he's never going to win a world championship. It makes me love him even more.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
With 52% of the vote, "Rowdy" Roddy Piper moves on to Round 4.

Today's vote is Hirooki Goto vs Tomohiro Ishii

https://strawpoll.com/6j9zybw54

Tomorrow's poll is Jungle Kyona vs Cesaro

Watch TJPW.

Erainor
Dec 30, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I’m a huge mark for Goto. There’s no way he should win over Ishii.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I enjoy how much it seems like "i must pity vote goto" is the common stance so i will help make sure it causes him to win. not that anyone even said that but it is "the vibe." I am a dumb rear end

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Erainor posted:

I’m a huge mark for Goto. There’s no way he should win over Ishii.
I went with GWB's line of reasoning here. Ishii rules, but Goto would have been better champion material.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

frankenfreak posted:

I went with GWB's line of reasoning here. Ishii rules, but Goto would have been better champion material.

This.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
With 57% Hirooki Goto moves on to Round 4.

Today's poll is Jungle Kyona vs Cesaro

https://strawpoll.com/rdae53wwx

Tomorrow's poll is Akira Hokuto vs "Hot Stuff" Eddie Gilbert

Watch TJPW. ItohRespectArmy's threads summarize everything you need to know for the show, and the first month of DDT Universe is free!

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
Vote Kyona!

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

A little late to express your support now that the poll is happening.

We're all about saying to support Akira Hokuto rather than Eddie Gilbert, I guess. I actually don't have much opinion, but Hokuto not having won the big one is both surprising and true. (and Eddie GIlbert did end up winning Jerry Lawler's belt according to wikipedia)

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
With 60% of the vote, Jungle Kyona makes it to Round 4

Today's poll is Akira Hokuto vs "Hot Stuff" Eddie Gilbert

https://strawpoll.com/vcef1uuw2

Tomorrow's poll will be Jake "The Snake" Roberts vs Mr. Brodie Lee

Watch TJPW. Here's an image from their biggest show to date, "Wrestle Princess," which was the best event of 2020.

(Paraphrased in background: Current Rule -- No Kicks)

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Oh man, are we going to have to litigate if a big boot is a kick again?

Either way, Jake Roberts vs. Brodie Lee has a potentially interesting argument before the end of last year, where it seemed like an inevitable thing vs someone who's biggest problems were his own.

As it stands it sort of still feels like a slam dunk for the Big Rig.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
With 87% of the vote, Akira Hokuto moves on to round 4.

Today's poll is Jake "The Snake" Roberts vs Mr. Brodie Lee

https://strawpoll.com/c6vavxd4w

Tomorrow's poll is Mercedes Martinez vs Orange Cassidy

Watch TJPW.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Cassidy is more popular and I don't think a comedy act as top champion is necessarily a bad thing (shout out to Regina Sakura Hirota) but Mercedes would absolutely have been a top champ in the modern era (and may have won the AEW belt if she ended up signing there given their shallower talent pool in the women's division) and the reason she wasn't considered in her prime was because of WWE having bullshit standards for what they expected from their women's division so I'm gonna vote for her.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Yeah Mercedes is an all-time talent who unfortunately had to spend her prime years in the darkest period of US women's wrestling

She's still really good and should absolutely be champ, but as a 40-year-old woman in that company, I don't like her odds

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Benne posted:

the darkest period of US women's wrestling
I get what you're trying to say, but let's not forget about Moolah's crimes.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
With 78% of the vote, I feel comfortable calling this race for Mr. Brodie Lee

Today's poll is Mercedes Martinez vs Orange Cassidy

https://strawpoll.com/2q7zxvoqo

Tomorrow is the Pink Division Finals, Owen Hart vs Katsuyori Shibata

Watch TJPW.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

This is a pretty difficult one. I think both men would have made great top tier champions and maybe possibly have done it if not for the unfortunate ends to their careers. I think I'm leaning towards Shibata even if part of the reason why he never became IWGP Champion was his own doing.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Oh for obvious reasons, I'm unchecking the name option in tomorrow's poll.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

If Shibata never left New Japan in 2005 he definitely would have been a Champion, but then we never would have got those bombass BigMouth Loud main events.

Voting Shibata until I can't anymore, I still miss him in the ring

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I wasn't sure who I would vote for & then SG Bamboo mentioned Big Mouth Loud & now I'm thinking of their rad logo & think I will probably vote for Shibata.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
The BML logo rules, but Owen Hart has a special spot in my heart since he was the first guy where even as a stupid kid I went "he should be a champion, why doesn't WWF give him a title match?"

Erainor
Dec 30, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I can’t fault anyone for picking either of these gents. I’m leaning Owen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Sorry I forgot about this because I had to watch a big ceremony where my boss changed.

With 78% of the vote, Mercedes Martinez moves on to Round 4

Today's poll is Owen Hart vs Katsuyori Shibata

https://strawpoll.com/uuzvpwvos

Friday's Poll will be "Rowdy" Roddy Piper vs Hirooki Goto

Watch TJPW.