Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Cesaro/ Claudio Castagnolli if we aren't counting PWG.
Chris Hero as well.

Also cav meant "count uwf" as a promotion. I dont think there was a wrestler named that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
My apologies. I didn't notice.

Also I'm putting Claudio in as Big Tony and nobody can stop me.

Senerio fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Nov 10, 2020

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
please keep Count UWF in the tournament

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Oh since we can do multiple nominations I guess, I'll throw out Brodie Lee.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
If we're not counting NXT champs then I'll throw in Sami Zayn/El Generico

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Since VGCW doesn't count, I nominate Jey Uso

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

liger is a former open the dream gate champion even if you don't count the top belt in his weight class

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Put Tully back in or remove DiBiase since it's the same belt (NWA National Heavyweight Championship)

you don't have to do what i say. sorry about this. I'm going to go to sleep and might delete it after i wake up. going to see how it feels later on

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Nov 10, 2020

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

If he's eligible, Akira Tozawa in Dragon Gate for the Open the Dream Gate Championship.. Hugely popular with the crowds, main event level wrestler, and several points in time where he was the hottest thing in the company and they just didn't put the belt on him. CIMA jobbing him out twice in one reign, at 2012 Kobe World and 2013's Dead or Alive, basically killed him and now look where he is, getting eaten by a shark and even worse, stuck on Monday Night Raw!

Dimebags Brain fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Nov 10, 2020

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Cavauro posted:

Put Tully back in or remove DiBiase since it's the same belt (NWA National Heavyweight Championship)

you don't have to do what i say. sorry about this. I'm going to go to sleep and might delete it after i wake up. going to see how it feels later on

Genuinely, I was looking and didn't notice he wasn't on the list lmao I added him.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
Prince-Bishop ECW

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

ChrisBTY posted:

That having been said; does a run with the WWECW belt disqualify Chavo Guerrero Jr.?

He won it when the title was decidedly not considered a featured title.

IMO, anyone who held the ECW title should only be disqualified if it occurred between Shane Douglas in 1994 and Rhino in 2001.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Would John Morrison be eligible?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Morrison was Lucha Underground Champion, and I think he was Impact Champion as well at some point?

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
hey yeah feel free to cut Diablo Jr, I tossed him in as a joke just to try to pad the number to 64, I didn't realize it would fill up this quick

Good job

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Seth Rollins posted:

Prince-Bishop ECW

Can you link me a wikipedia/wikia article about him? I only find results about Princes and Bishops when looking.

Also as far as disqualifications go, I'm mostly leaving it up to you guys. I'm literally collecting names and putting them up. Feel free to claim why person n should or shouldn't qualify.

Also as far as joke candidates go, I'm 100% fine with them, hell if I wanted to nominate someone it'd be a joke candidate rather than a serious one.

Senerio fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Nov 10, 2020

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
yeah I was gonna leave him in just so we could get some stories about him being a big idiot and then he'd lose in the 1st round but you almost filled this thing in a day and it has a lot more actual good people than I expected

gon be a good tournament

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
So since the tournament is almost here, I'm going to talk about the format of the tournament.

Once I have seeded the bracket, I will reveal the first quarter of the bracket, and then announce the first match, and then I will post the straw poll the next day, so that people have time to discuss their case for each person.

So it will go
Day 1) Discuss Match 1
Day 2) Match 1
Day 3) Match 1 Results, and Discuss Match 2
Day 4) Match 2
and so on

This way people will have time to read the arguments for both wrestlers before voting for them. I'm not a huge knowledge base for each wrestler, so I will leave the writeups on each wrestler to people in the thread.

Vote based on who you think is a) the better wrestler, and b) has a better case for "not winning the big one."

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Vince MechMahon posted:

Would John Morrison be eligible?

Morrison was Impact champion so no

BTF
Oct 15, 2019

I love Matt Taven
Throwing in some names:

Zack Gibson
Daisuke Sekimoto
Tommy End

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I know I've nominated already, but Sara Del Rey is one of the best wrestlers of this century and the closest she's come to The Big One is winning the Shimmer title once.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

brian pillman
edward "umaga" fatu
dynamite kid

ItohRespectArmy fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Nov 10, 2020

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Is Rev Pro big enough to stop Shibata from being in this?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
*runs in just in time screaming SANADAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA*

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Bobby Eaton

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
If we're not counting the SHIMMER title then Mercedes Martinez

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

john tenta, sean waltman

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
With Mercedes Martinez, the initial nominations are provisionally closed.

I'll give approximately 24 hours for people to submit arguments why a name shouldn't be on the list, and replacement names, and officially seed the bracket when I get home from my routine blood work tomorrow.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Mr. Perfect shouldn't be on the list since he held the AWA World Championship.

Rick Rude shouldn't be on the list since he was World Class Champion after they broke away from the NWA.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

nominations are closed but I'm just interested, was there a decision about weight class belts? tangentially, does anything disqualify hiromu?

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I know it's jokes but at least enter Arachnaman as Brad Armstrong. He deserves that much.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Sekimoto's held the the BJW Strong Heavyweight, DDT KO-D Openweight title and the wXw and Zero1 titles which are all top titles in the promotions he works.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

for the record i did not necessarily intend to nominate arachnaman when mentioning him. that's why i did not give him the respect that he deserves. please don't feel angry with me. I would be happy to change his name to Dos Hombres or Freedom Fighter

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Sekimoto's held the the BJW Strong Heavyweight, DDT KO-D Openweight title and the wXw and Zero1 titles which are all top titles in the promotions he works.

Actually hold on there's a good point here. If a worker never worked in a company that has what would qualify as a 'big one' should they really be on this list?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

yeah

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ChrisBTY posted:

Actually hold on there's a good point here. If a worker never worked in a company that has what would qualify as a 'big one' should they really be on this list?

Yes because then the issue is no big company ever even signed them

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Also did everyone just forget about Ultimo Dragon or are his CMLL/UWA belts good enough to count?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Rarity posted:

Also did everyone just forget about Ultimo Dragon or are his CMLL/UWA belts good enough to count?

cruiserweights can cruiserwait

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

he was on the list yesterday and is on it today. not sure if he was removed in-between my checking it, so i won't assume

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
...I'm dumb