Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

gently caress doomposting, it's yosmastime!

y'all know the drill. fill out the form, post about yourself in the thread, get a santee & scope them out, sned the gift, post the unboxing. no lurkers, no flakes!

signup form here:
https://forms.gle/a7TJt4yY2ALcx2vy5

i'll close signups and send assignments around end of november probably.

previous threads:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3838413
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3795578
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3749820
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3671147
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3874718

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
might join again this year and try to do better than last time

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

hmmmm

a time of festive cheer you say? with computers?

Doctor Yiff
Jan 2, 2008

Joining as fair recompense for being a doombrain

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
stickied until :checks notes: sometime around the end of april

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

hell yjeah

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
mattress

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

Hell yeah I'm in! Its my favorite secret santa i look forward to each year!

I've got 2 kids who don't drink (yet) on account of them being in preschool/grade-3. In previous years I'd also put my my doggo but he died last year.

I'm an XL but I've got enough shirts.

I love windows 95 and Futurefunk and aesthetic, I'm really into cyberpunk and retro hacker poo poo (for example https://github.com/mainframed/DOGECICS).

My music tastes suck, its all over the map. I love me some smooth rear end chiptunes (long time legacy music hour listener) and synthwave is right the gently caress up my alley, I almost bought the pertuberator album but I'm cheap af. I'm also super in to future funk, before Saint Pepsi sold out.

Metal not on my radar unless Steel Panther or Ninja Sex Party counts. In fact my son loves the NSP under the covers album (yes I know they don't count as metal).

One year someone gave me their old mac!

I met up with other goons and we imaged the harddrive and you too can enjoy it in an emulator: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0f6niopgs2grh67/SamanthaFox.iso?dl=0

I don't really care what I/we get TBH I enjoy the surprise.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
Ok I'm in again.

I'll add more here later but i like booze and computer and music stuff, toys, gadgets, radio stuff, idk, i mean it's pretty much a universal interest set at this point

not huge into games and gift cards towards game things prolly wont get used

i have 1 dog buddy and then 3 other dogs in my house so dog stuff is aok too

Sniep fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Nov 12, 2020

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

uhh i like compujter, scotch, weed, classic film, political science, early netherlandish painting, compyoter,

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

volunteering to elf again.

and please, you need to put in a name that will work for getting things delivered to you, that goes double if you’re not in the us because you may have a fun time getting the box from your customs agency or post office if your santa addresses the box to your username and isn’t in the same country as you.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
posting to sign up will put details in later

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
joining

i like math. like, more than some actual math grad students, not really in a too hobbyist way

also computer. i touch computer for money

also cooking. i got every gadget i need tho

also weird old academic books

i gmed various rpgs for 15 years. non dnd poo poo plz if you're giving that, i have everytholing for 5th and nearly everything for 3.5ed, this consumes an entire storahe unit i have somewhere. been on a shadowrun kick

bob dobbs is dead fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Dec 2, 2020

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I have signed up for another year! I apologize in advance if my gift sucks, but I will try my best based on my santee’s suggestions.

you may be aware that I am a fan of red pandas. I already have a lot of red panda memorabilia so please do not feel like it is a necessity. I otherwise like dark chocolate and coffee a lot. any comestibles would be welcome (but not booze). I do not have a lot of space for old computer stuff, but I would be interested in something like classic games/software for Mac OS 9.

I have also been wanting to expand my 4K movie collection, so those would be welcome. I have an Amazon wish list here with some suggestions. See my wishlistu

What else? I still sorta do hobby electronics so stuff like soldering projects are cool. maybe something I can interface with an arduino, or a cool clock. I have also been learning hand engraving and small parts fabrication but I’m not sure what I’d suggest there.

please don’t feel like you have to send me a lot of stuff, these are just ideas to pick from :]

your internet friend, silver acorn

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
were a're at double digit signups folks keep up the good work

TimWinter
Mar 30, 2015

https://timsthebomb.com
In before "who the gently caress is TimWinter?"

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
signed up again cus yosmas is the best

things that interest me include...
funy computer electronic stuff
alcohol (beer, bourbon, scotch) or weed (if you think you can get away with it)
:pcgaming: (https://steamcommunity.com/id/kuvosa)
scifi books/movies/etc
gunpla :monar:
space or astronomy things
shirt size mens large if that matters

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Signed up for another great yosmas!

Looks like there's no link to last year's thread so here it is: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3902495

i've been using nearly the same post every year and every year it's awesome so I'm gonna keep it up

hi im achmed jones, i touch computers and hearts. i like many things, including:

* the aesthetic and music surrounding vaporwave, future funk, synthwave, and related genres
* ham radio stuff
* i play guitar (poorly) and make beeps and boops in ableton. it's a lot of fun
* I do infosec professionally and got my start phreaking in the 90s; old telco/phreaking (especially Ameritech) stuff would be rad
* spicy food and also non-spicy food (I’m always stoked to try whatever local foods, condiments, etc you might want to throw at me)
* beer and bourbon and red wine
* renaissance fairs and similar (lol public gatherings in 2020)
* funny computer and the ti-99/4a
* sci fi and fantasy stuff in general
* fully automated luxury gay space communism
* I’m buddhist and reasonably serious about it; I probably have all the literature I’m after, but if you have a local monastery or nunnery that sells, uh stuff I guess, that’d be rad?

little jones will be 5 soon. ms jones has general nerd interests (sci fi, fantasy, etc) and loves classic rock. we do not have any pets (RIP poodle jones, we miss you every day)

shirt size is XL

Achmed Jones fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Nov 24, 2020

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

rest assured whomever gets me as a santa will be getting a red panda, maybe more

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
i thought you had to be a zoo for that, generally speaking?!

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

:ssh:

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
i actually did the gogle form now

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
oops who do i pm to append my submission

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
you should be able to update your response. you may have needed to be logged in with a google account for it to know though. otherwise pm me.

Hunter2 Thompson
Feb 3, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
I missed last year's so I 'm super happy I remembered to check outside my bookmarked threads in time this year

I like old computers but don't actually own any. Ditto for telecom stuff, I have connections to those who have inherited the smouldering remnants of the Bell System and like to hang out in their rooms full of telephone switches.
Booze is good, send your local specialty if it's not too $
Spicy stuff is good!
snacks of all kinds are welcome
I have a ham radio and an SDR. Probably please don't send any more of that stuff, I already own too much.
vintage/defunct tech company/telco swag would be cool. I'm a men's medium (tall/slim if that's possible) sized
fingerless gloves (large, cozy) and other hacker/aesthetic poo poo could rule
I have a 70s BMW 2002 that I converted to electronic fuel injection. Idk how you could tie that in, I already have way too many parts/tools/etc. anyway
go wild, I'm not picky!

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe
I'm signed up this year, very excited!!

I'm into booze, old-school unix/linux stuff, circuit design, spicy food, weird snacks, synthwave, star trek, and musical instruments.

I've got a 14-month old son (still in 12mo stuff for now, but who knows with kids) and I'm a medium or small shirt-size, depending on the shirt.

No junk electronics please, I've got too much of that already and the wife would kill me.

Poopernickel fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Nov 25, 2020

enotnert
Jun 10, 2005

Only women bleed
hrm, to yosmas. . . or not to yosmas, it's been a while

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

enotnert posted:

hrm, to yosmas. . . or not to yosmas, it's been a while

do it i did it since i stopped lurking for corona

i'm pretty open to whatever you want to send, it feels rude to restrict it

i don't really carb so i'd appreciate no sugar, and please no, like, actual e-waste or anime

otherwise i'm into most nerdy poo poo, social drugs, (by which i mostly mean alcohol, caffeine, etc., i am not sure about anything else when it comes to strange internet friends) meat, wear a medium.

also op i'm a dumbass and forgot to add my irlname to the address field i thnk

\/\/\/ lol excellent

mediaphage fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Dec 2, 2020

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
getting raised eyebrows as a clerk hands over an oversized package to your forums handle is what yosmas is all about. also i just address it to james every year and it's worked out.

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
I'm gonna post my post in a bit but all I'm gonna say is my santa is gonna probably have extra time since I'm moving somewhere in the days immediately after xmas but don't know where exactly yet so uhhh i'll figure this one out

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Jimmy Carter posted:

I'm gonna post my post in a bit but all I'm gonna say is my santa is gonna probably have extra time since I'm moving somewhere in the days immediately after xmas but don't know where exactly yet so uhhh i'll figure this one out

elf services are available to assist.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
heads up gonna close signups tomorrow and send out assignments tuesday

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
and assignments are out. plz post if you don't have an email and think you should. hopefully no fuckups on my part.

i included myself this year and will make a signup post tomorrow.

merry yosmas!

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

dang it. now I have to figure out a gift

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Silver Alicorn posted:

fucckkkkk

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

bump_fn posted:

fucckkkkk

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
hmm shipping is probably going to be too much for first idea. gonna have to revamp

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Silver Alicorn posted:

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
apologies if some america goon got stuck with intl shipping to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
ok sorry i'm late. i am fmammal. aside from checking the international shipping preferences were honoured i randomized the entries and don't actually know who my santa is.

things i am in to:

- good and also schlocky scifi, pop physics and math books
- overspecialized or obscure kitchen tools
- retro electronics
- booze & specialties that are local to where you are are super cool
- i'll eat anything once

shirt size is l. my dog luna likes everything too and is ~25lb.

hrm seems i am just like a lot of other yosposters how odd.