Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
package was sned

yosmas is saved

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
lmao USPS is so hosed up right now

I Priority-Mailed a non-YOSMAS gift on the 10th from CA to New England. It made it to CT in 2 days, sat at "Arriving late" for 1 ½ weeks, then suddenly popped up in St Louis.

What's the least-hosed-up way to ship things right now?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Jimmy Carter posted:

lmao USPS is so hosed up right now

I Priority-Mailed a non-YOSMAS gift on the 10th from CA to New England. It made it to CT in 2 days, sat at "Arriving late" for 1 ½ weeks, then suddenly popped up in St Louis.

What's the least-hosed-up way to ship things right now?

fedex seems to be doing the best at the moment and ups sounds like they're also ok. dhl is lol as they always are.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
i did ups thru a franchise location. 1/3 of the entire store was full floor to ceiling with outbounds since there hadn't been a pickup since thursday. but, they have been accurate wrt promised dates on every time i've used them this winter.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

fedex is working well but their scheduled delivery dates are laffo. wasnt supposed to receive my m1 mac until about christmas, then it randomly showed up at the beginning of december.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

It's past xmas so I opened this. I assume there's more caught up in the mail. I do not know who sent it, or if it is even for yosmas but I assume so. Also imgur is being rear end so here's an attachment.

It's some pretty darn good chocolate. very dark, the cardamom gives it a subtle but distinct floral note. definitely will be eating these.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

Doh I extremely missed this message. Thanks a bunch, Monochrome :) I am a big fan of dark chocolates so this was an excellent choice.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

update: my partner described the chocolate as "orgasmic"

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

YOSMAS HAS ARRIVED

I'll post pics as soon as I'm able, but rest assured it is a very wonderful yosmas indeed! thank you silver alicorn, from all of us!

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I'm glad it got there! Merry Yosmas!

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
a box arrived!

a note

never had this beer before so im lookin foward to trying it. i also dont think ive had a bawls in over 15 years so that will be a nostalgia trip

chocolate

a bunch of rad stickers! particularly love the nasa and carp patchs. gota look up how to apply those correctly

燃え上がれ ガンダム! i have yet to open the box and see that that actually is

an assortment of smoked meats and a completely legit copy of Super Mario Land Dx. now i gotta figure out where the hell my gba

thank you so much for the gift hunter2 thompson!

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

post the gift jones

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe

Kuvo posted:

an assortment of smoked meats and a completely legit copy of Super Mario Land Dx. now i gotta figure out where the hell my gba

what the hell is going on with that Mario Land cartridge lol

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

bootlegs are a hell of a drug

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Poopernickel posted:

what the hell is going on with that Mario Land cartridge lol

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I love it

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
i vaguely remember that was it just the new art on a pirate cart or is it new game material cuz i think the latter?

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i wont be able to tonight because little jones has to go to bed, and it's very important that he be involved in the yosmas post. hopefully tomorrow!

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

ok :3

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

Sniep posted:

i vaguely remember that was it just the new art on a pirate cart or is it new game material cuz i think the latter?

the one i have is just the original game

at this point there probably is a rom hack around though

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Haha yes

:3:

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
:sickos:

Hunter2 Thompson
Feb 3, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Kuvo posted:

a box arrived!

a note

never had this beer before so im lookin foward to trying it. i also dont think ive had a bawls in over 15 years so that will be a nostalgia trip

chocolate

a bunch of rad stickers! particularly love the nasa and carp patchs. gota look up how to apply those correctly

燃え上がれ ガンダム! i have yet to open the box and see that that actually is

thank you so much for the gift hunter2 thompson!

Nice, glad to hear you like it! I'm surprised it got there before January tbh.

The best way to apply the patches is to sew them with a sewing machine, or by hand if you can't get access to one/have somebody do it for you. I don't recommend iron-on, it usually makes a mess and is pretty much impossible to remove afterwards, but it's also an option

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe
Got my package, all the way from Liverpool. It's awesome, thanks Santa!! (bump_fn, maybe?)

My Santa addressed it to P. Nickolson (short for Poopernickel lol), which threw the mailman for a loop. He said that since nobody by that name lives at my house, he couldn't deliver it. I explained what it was, and we opened it up together - right in the middle of the road. So YOSMAS was shared with my mailman.

Contents of the package were:
- A terrifying Bojo mask
- A London Underground shirt
- A Milwaukee Bucks shirt (lol)
- A Liverpool Football Club beanie
- A bag of Jaffa Cake nibbles
- 3 Cadbury Dairy Milk bars
- A packet of across-the-pond Smarties
- 2 Kinder Surprise balls. The chocolate shells didn't survive shipping, but the toys did!

Contents of the box:

lol @ this postcard:

Couldn't resist trying on the beanie over my definitely real face:

Toys from the Kinder balls:

Thanks, Santa!! This is a fantastic box. I appreciate the thought that went into it. Haven't opened up the Cadbury bars yet, but those Jaffa bites are delicious. And the Smarties are cool too - here in the states, Smarties are a completely different kind of candy.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Poopernickel posted:

Got my package, all the way from Liverpool. It's awesome, thanks Santa!! (bump_fn, maybe?)

My Santa addressed it to P. Nickolson (short for Poopernickel lol), which threw the mailman for a loop. He said that since nobody by that name lives at my house, he couldn't deliver it. I explained what it was, and we opened it up together - right in the middle of the road. So YOSMAS was shared with my mailman.

Contents of the package were:
- A terrifying Bojo mask
- A London Underground shirt
- A Milwaukee Bucks shirt (lol)
- A Liverpool Football Club beanie
- A bag of Jaffa Cake nibbles
- 3 Cadbury Dairy Milk bars
- A packet of across-the-pond Smarties
- 2 Kinder Surprise balls. The chocolate shells didn't survive shipping, but the toys did!

Contents of the box:

lol @ this postcard:

Couldn't resist trying on the beanie over my definitely real face:

Toys from the Kinder balls:

Thanks, Santa!! This is a fantastic box. I appreciate the thought that went into it. Haven't opened up the Cadbury bars yet, but those Jaffa bites are delicious. And the Smarties are cool too - here in the states, Smarties are a completely different kind of candy.

hell yeah it arrived, nice

god the mask is even worse than expected when used

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

I got a box!

What's in the box?

Holy crap so much great stuff!

Note especially:

* Delicious treats (coffee and caramel covered cashews. i love cashews, and also caramel and coffee)
* An adorable toy
* A cute sticker
* An Ursula K Le Guin book. This especially thoughtful, as I'd mentioned in the sci-fi thread that I'd never read Le Guin. It's very well-chosen and I'm very excited to read it! I'm pumped for some manual bare-bones gay space communism.
* The Art of Edena. This is especially thoughtful because it is aEsThEtIc as hell and is very yospos. I absolutely love coffeetable art-type books like this, and this is right up my alley. I'd never heard of Moebius before, so I'll also check that out!
* A nice card
* A lovely note
* A suspicious USB drive in an envelope

Hey, what's the card say?

lol (also, dope calligraphy)

There's also a very nice handwritten note, which I do not reproduce here.

Ok, let's check out that flash drive. It's pretty

Holy poo poo it's a yosdrive! Some linux ISOs. There's the standard ubuntu and fedora, and also bodhi which is either hilariously targeted at my buddhist rear end or a really lucky coincidence. There's also minix! And audio books, holy cow - there's the Le Guin novel, the Machineries of Empire series & Hexarchate Stories, and the Hitchhikers Guide radio dramas. What a haul!

And there's something else. virus.bat. I do not trust it

nice try silver alicorn, but i'm on to you!!!!

Thank you so much, silver alicorn! This is an incredibly thoughtful pile of gifts, and we're all stoked. Happy yosmas!

ps: the red pandas are adorable and little jones loves them (and so do i):

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

my package was supposed to be delivered yesterday, now it just says "pending". still sitting in a warehouse on the east coast. fedex you scrooge

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

that is some nice handwriting

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

you’re in for a treat if you haven’t seen moebius’s work before!

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I'm really glad you liked it! I had awful impostor syndrome all last year so I was really worried about that when I picked things out.

Roosevelt posted:

that is some nice handwriting

I am still learning, but I really like medieval calligraphy

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Silver Alicorn posted:

I am still learning, but I really like medieval calligraphy

i challenge you to write me a note in Black Chancery (i know this isn't the appropriate thread but i love this stuff)

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

that ones not in my book

also I need a better pen

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

Silver Alicorn fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Jan 6, 2021

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
forums vacation over

thanks mystery friend for this wonderfully weird package of exotic meat

nice

canada post returned my package to me and sending it again would take like. a month at the minimum, so i cheated and ordered a couple of consumable things but my santee may get a surprise christmas in march package or something.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

mediaphage posted:

canada post returned my package to me and sending it again would take like. a month at the minimum, so i cheated and ordered a couple of consumable things but my santee may get a surprise christmas in march package or something.

lol i guess this was me cause i just got a mystery amazon package

ive tried the camden pale ale before but none of these other ones, hell yeah beer!

are u sure it was canada psot returning it and not UK mail rejecting it? i never got anything like a delivery notificaiton attempt so i hope it didnt cross the sea and back :( (if u need help attempting the derliveery pm me)

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
haha yessir. there’s a second package coming tomorrow probably, i really thought they’d come together. in other news i have a 30-day trial to amazon.co.uk prime.

yeah canada post is generally pretty good but also occasionally terrible; i’ve tried to order tomato paste three times now and it keeps getting returned to sender.

sorry for surprising you with a signature required package; i’m mildly jelly amazon sells booze over there.

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

OH poo poo The package has arrived!

What do we have here:

oooh what do i see........

Ok, lets see what we've got, something in a shirt.....

OH DAYUM

can't wait to open it up and try it!

and check out the shirt

Next let me see a hat wobble:

HOLY poo poo A SEALED WORLDS GREATEST OS

And this, is honestly, too much, i literally can't wait to put this together, holy moly:

Oh wait..... there's more to the card

a what mug?

L M F A O

I asked my wife what she thought of the mug, and she said 'is that some weird internet thing?' yes, yes it is.

Thank you so much Fuzzy Mammal, i love it all! Thanks again and merry yosmas to you!

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

that's an A+ santa right there

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
you're welcome! i'm really curious how the breadboard computer works out. i've followed the youtube series but i don't know how much tv-chef prep he does behind the scenes. hopefully it's age appropriate for the younguns.

i giggled when i got my own sickos shirt too. do keep us updated as it comes together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

goatse mug owns, i’ve been drinking from mine at work for years.