Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
feeling sad? pop in here. share your sadness without worry that you’re bringing the vibe down because here in this thread it’s already the gutter. you can’t make this thread worse by posting in it. but feel free to post that you want to die because you ate too much kfc for dinner. you can say that. it’s ok to be honest.

e: rules:
no unsolicited advice
don't be a dick, be nice

echinopsis fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Nov 10, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I want to die because I ate too much kfc for dinner

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
my life is pretty unfilling op. im not sad, but im not happy. thanks for reading

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
my gf's dad died last week and now we live in her parents' house to take care of her severely depressed 82 year old mother

on the bright side, about to save 3k/mo in rent

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bored Online posted:

my life is pretty unfilling op. im not sad, but im not happy. thanks for reading

youre welcome

DELETE CASCADE posted:

my gf's dad died last week and now we live in her parents' house to take care of her severely depressed 82 year old mother

mate... wow

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

echinopsis posted:

you can’t make this thread worse by posting in it.

I like a challenge

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

it was another monday again, for like the 40th straight week, and i feel like a whole section of my life is being filed away into "misc. routine" what with the quarantines and all the assholes and idiots running around

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

you feeling ok op?

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

the past several years have been the worst of my life for various reasons, and while I am still struggling with depression, those rare moments where things feel OK seem to happen a bit more frequently. things i thought i could never live through, turned out to be not so bad after some time. it might sound corny but i never expected to ever see a light at the end of the tunnel. hang in there op, things do get better if you stick it out. your kids deserve a happy dad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3zNl6NsOyY

polyester concept fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Nov 10, 2020

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

well let's see

I'm trapped in the closet because I can't bring myself to actually try to navigate the system in order to get treatment for gender dysphoria, my job is okay I guess but I have a feeling I'll need to find a new one if I can ever stop being the aforementioned coward because lol tech, my mother's probably going to be okay with it, her husband might, my dad definitely won't

my conservative as gently caress grandfather (dad's side of the family) is on the way out. turns out 60+ years of hard liquor alcoholism makes your liver a convention center for terminal diseases. I have a feeling my grandmother (his wife of almost as long as he's had his first love, rum) will follow shortly, because elderly married couples tend to go within months of each other no matter how strong they may be physically

at least maybe I can get some inheritance out of them or something and use right-wing boomer money to fund my goal of turning from a short goblin of a vaguely-masculine person into a short goblin of a vaguely-feminine person. not enough money in the universe to make me pretty, so, fml

so I'd say I'm pretty fuckin sad, OP. probably in more ways than one.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Kazinsal posted:

well let's see

I'm trapped in the closet because I can't bring myself to actually try to navigate the system in order to get treatment for gender dysphoria, my job is okay I guess but I have a feeling I'll need to find a new one if I can ever stop being the aforementioned coward because lol tech, my mother's probably going to be okay with it, her husband might, my dad definitely won't

my conservative as gently caress grandfather (dad's side of the family) is on the way out. turns out 60+ years of hard liquor alcoholism makes your liver a convention center for terminal diseases. I have a feeling my grandmother (his wife of almost as long as he's had his first love, rum) will follow shortly, because elderly married couples tend to go within months of each other no matter how strong they may be physically

at least maybe I can get some inheritance out of them or something and use right-wing boomer money to fund my goal of turning from a short goblin of a vaguely-masculine person into a short goblin of a vaguely-feminine person. not enough money in the universe to make me pretty, so, fml

i love you

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

here’s a little song I wrote

I’m gonna sing it note for note

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

polyester concept posted:

the past several years have been the worst of my life for various reasons, and while I am still struggling with depression, those rare moments where things feel OK seem to happen a bit more frequently. things i thought i could never live through, turned out to be not so bad after some time. it might sound corny but i never expected to ever see a light at the end of the tunnel. hang in there op, things do get better if you stick it out. your kids deserve a happy dad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3zNl6NsOyY

I love you

Roosevelt posted:

it was another monday again, for like the 40th straight week, and i feel like a whole section of my life is being filed away into "misc. routine" what with the quarantines and all the assholes and idiots running around

fart simpson posted:

you feeling ok op?

Kazinsal posted:

well let's see

I also love you. thankyou for sharing. I can't even imagine. can I offer you something rather worthless but also rather unique - tell me a sentence or word or whatever and I will rodtronic it. feel free to ignore

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
antidepressants should be given out like Halloween candy.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

The Management posted:

antidepressants should be given out like Halloween candy.

coming off ssri's too fast can really gently caress your head up

matti
Mar 31, 2019

The Management posted:

psilocybin should be given out like Halloween candy.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

polyester concept posted:

coming off ssri's too fast can really gently caress your head up

actually the worst bit is how they can give you sexual dysfunction which means sex is as about as appealing as having lawn clippings for dinner. because I am a cishet man, being horny is all I have to offer the world, so I’ll take all the suicidal thoughts instead thanks

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

magic mushies are quite cost effective to grow once you’ve got it all going. god I wish I had the motivation to do it. but it takes like months and months from start to finish so i’m always like “god i can’t be hosed doing something tonight that doesn’t grant immediate satisfaction, one more day won’t matter” and then it’s three years later

I remember I used to drink way less when I went thru my mushroom phase. used to take some twice weekly lmao. god those were the days :allears:

Scud Hansen
Dec 13, 2015

Darkness and Evil
My good friend of 12 or so years killed himself a month or two ago.

It makes me extra sad because many of the feelings about it that he expressed are things I have also been bummed out about before (turning 30 and not having finished any art or music projects that he esteemed).

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

echinopsis posted:

one more day won’t matter” and then it’s three years later

2 real

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

hmm nope

polyester concept fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Nov 12, 2020

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
this year has been rough for me. 8 months of crippling depression. I’ve turned it around in the last couple months and I’m optimistic, but I still don’t feel fully like myself.

aol keyword party
Sep 27, 2005

you can find a pleasure of shooting prolific amounts of pictures,
my dog died in march and i still mourn, his bday is today

Tom Collins
Aug 25, 2000

Silver Alicorn posted:

this year has been rough for me. 8 months of crippling depression. I’ve turned it around in the last couple months and I’m optimistic, but I still don’t feel fully like myself.

sucks dude

i have formed an elaborate emotional shell around the burnt out husk that is my soul, and it projects confidence and competence out into the world as best it can

somehow i don't really believe anyone else who seems okay is really doing anything different

Tom Collins
Aug 25, 2000

DELETE CASCADE posted:

see on the one hand this is incredibly rough in terms of the actual experiences each of you is going to go through, day by day

on the other hand this is a human upholding a contract as old as time, an honorable choice, not pawning their parents off on some home, but doing for their parents what they did for them in infancy, caring for them, cleaning them, cheering them up. there's a certain sense of completion to this, a sense of timelessness, a sense of closing a circle.

would that we could all have children who would care for us so

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tom Collins posted:

see on the one hand this is incredibly rough in terms of the actual experiences each of you is going to go through, day by day

on the other hand this is a human upholding a contract as old as time, an honorable choice, not pawning their parents off on some home, but doing for their parents what they did for them in infancy, caring for them, cleaning them, cheering them up. there's a certain sense of completion to this, a sense of timelessness, a sense of closing a circle.

damnit, why'd you make me do this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbBXkrJBEu8

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Silver Alicorn posted:

mate.. idk what to say but.. I like ya :)

aol keyword party posted:

my dog died in march and i still mourn, his bday is today

mate.. :( thoughts are with you

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

oh god that book. I read that to my kids so many times

:qq:

powermac
Jan 10, 2011

I GET NO SPAM
dvorakdotorgslashblog
I got diagnosed with ADHD and got Adderal XR 10mg and I thought it would be a panacea and I still can't get my work done

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

hi op

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

16 bit? Back when we was kids we only got a single bit on Christmas, as a treat
And we had to share it!
Stuck indoors with quarantine, might be standing at home desk all day but still putting on weight

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

e: oops wrong thread

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
this year is the worst, my dad was diagnosed with cancer he's in his late 70s, he mostly better now but lost some hearing
my mom was diagnosed with TB after months of not eating and being sick, she's getting treated now which can take 9 months, she's in hospital all the time with complications, she went back this morning
also covid made all these things worse

I guess at least my job is ok, I went permanent remote and moved a few doors down from my parents, between vacation, sick days, vacation for moving, my broken shoulder and my upcoming eye surgery I'll be off work about 12 weeks this year

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

echinopsis posted:

mate.. idk what to say but.. I like ya :)

cheers mate

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Perplx posted:

this year is the worst, my dad was diagnosed with cancer he's in his late 70s, he mostly better now but lost some hearing
my mom was diagnosed with TB after months of not eating and being sick, she's getting treated now which can take 9 months, she's in hospital all the time with complications, she went back this morning
also covid made all these things worse

I guess at least my job is ok, I went permanent remote and moved a few doors down from my parents, between vacation, sick days, vacation for moving, my broken shoulder and my upcoming eye surgery I'll be off work about 12 weeks this year

mate I’m sorry to hear all this. glad you’re gonna be closer to your parents tho

Scud Hansen
Dec 13, 2015

Darkness and Evil

powermac posted:

I got diagnosed with ADHD and got Adderal XR 10mg and I thought it would be a panacea and I still can't get my work done

You need to go up to 20's, 10's are not gonna do much and your tolerance will be there after a few weeks.

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

Tom Collins posted:

thanks for this, i do agree. we see it as the right thing to do

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Scud Hansen posted:

You need to go up to 20's, 10's are not gonna do much and your tolerance will be there after a few weeks.

you're not a doctor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
and yet here they are, given far cooler prescriptions than any "doctor" ever could

the future we need is old timey witches but instead of a cauldren they have chinas underground chem labs at their disposal