Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

It's called static apnea, and every photo of it looks like someone just found a dead body.

I used to get yelled at for doing this when I was a kid but now people compete at it. Some of them get so good at it they they can fall asleep, which I guess is static sleep apnea.

The world record for it is over 24 minutes, but that's only possible if you breath pure oxygen for half an hour beforehand. Without pure oxygen the record is just under half of that.

That's a long loving time. When I did it as a kid I thought holding your breath for more than 5 minutes was impossible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

Whitney Houston still holds the world record I think.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
seems dumb

Macasaurus
Oct 12, 2012

Biohazard posted:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Biohazard posted:

Wow

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

Biohazard posted:

:lol:

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Biohazard posted:

:popeye:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

ah, you mean Barrymoring

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo
Plankings still cool right?

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\

Biohazard posted:

Why is this thread not closed.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Biohazard posted:

Did they make a face-down inflatable pool toy of her like they did with Brian Jones?

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Biohazard posted:

:chanpop:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Did they make a face-down inflatable pool toy of her like they did with Brian Jones?

talk about the marketing department making lemonade

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Biohazard posted:

:sbahj:

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

i saw a bum do this for like half a day until i got bored and went to the movies

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

to be real he wasnt dead i think he was trying to do an elaborate scam

Obeah
Apr 12, 2013

GO OVER GO OVER GOOVER GOOVER IT'S ALL GOOVY, BABY!
What sucks the most about this loving horseshit catching on is the fact that that position is actually the optimal way to hide an unwanted pool boner (known as "bone chilling"). Essentially, it hides the boner by putting it at a hard to spot angle that is generally not available outside of the context of a pool (tried planking to hide a street boner in 2012 - yipes!), loosens up your muscles so as to decrease blood flow to boner, and on the off chance anyone swims under you, it'll just look like weird water physics stuff happening in your swim trunks.

Also, any loving piece of poo poo trying to say you can start snoozing while doing this is lying through their teeth. No man has ever fallen asleep hard.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Obeah posted:

What sucks the most about this loving horseshit catching on is the fact that that position is actually the optimal way to hide an unwanted pool boner (known as "bone chilling"). Essentially, it hides the boner by putting it at a hard to spot angle that is generally not available outside of the context of a pool (tried planking to hide a street boner in 2012 - yipes!), loosens up your muscles so as to decrease blood flow to boner, and on the off chance anyone swims under you, it'll just look like weird water physics stuff happening in your swim trunks.

Also, any loving piece of poo poo trying to say you can start snoozing while doing this is lying through their teeth. No man has ever fallen asleep hard.

all i can hear is the crack of the bat that sent this post out of the park

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

Biohazard posted:

:sbahj:

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Obeah posted:

King,

Its 2020 and poppin wood at the pool needn't be concealed through advanced green beret survival techniques. Men get aroused and thats okay. Just chill on the side of the pool and stay natural and confident, bro. If someone notices thats okay. We cant always control our bods, but we can control our mindset, chief. 100.

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004

Biohazard posted:

Nerine Shatner: Hold my beer

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Face down rear end up
EMS we need a truck

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
We called it "dead man's float" down in Florida. As an adult, thinking about six year olds joking about dead floaters is the most florida thing.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Big Beef City posted:

Face down rear end up
EMS we need a truck

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Is dumb.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i thought the planking fad was over with by now

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Biohazard posted:

:drat:

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Recreationally floating face down in the pool is probably a bad idea for me at this point in time, lest it become non recreation

Mrs. Sexual
Feb 3, 2020

Biohazard posted:

drat

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

why isn't this thread goldmined yet ya fuckin mod jabronis

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Biohazard posted:

holy gently caress

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Natalie Wood begs to differ

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Lmfao

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

We called it "dead man's float" down in Florida. As an adult, thinking about six year olds joking about dead floaters is the most florida thing.

I am not from FL but that is the name it was taught to us as well

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Obeah posted:

Wtf I just pretend to be a cat, it never fails

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Suck my dick you fuckman

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

Suck my dick you fuckman

how can he, when you've clearly already lost your pool boner, you sneaky gently caress.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Biohazard posted:

how can he, when you've clearly already lost your pool boner, you sneaky gently caress.

Post-mortem boner

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

Post-mortem boner

the sneakiest of boners

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
I used to do this growing up and whenever I want to spend some time at the pool. You can't really just hold your breath underwater for a long time unless you are comfortable and train for it.

Just even for 45 seconds to a minute you are just yourself and your thoughts. Water around you and air above you with your eyes closed. Man I miss being that peaceful right now making this post. I need to meditate