Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

BasicLich posted:

personally I would watch H8 more if I could find a cut that bleeped the slurs

I prefer not to inundate my brain with that kind of evil. I do not like bigotry or slurs I don't find myself given to this evil but rhetoric and repetition has its way of affecting the brain of a human, ignorant, bigoted or otherwise

i don't think that it does affect your brain

maybe if you have a weak brain, like the brain of a little baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
One of those movies that was 100x better the second time around, and I'm glad I did it! It is a good movie. Well, that's my review, have a lovely day.

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!

Caesar Saladin posted:

the brain of a little baby

are you willing to speak more about this, your experiences wrt this subject and how you've heard slurs and either incorporated or disincporated them

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

BasicLich posted:

are you willing to speak more about this, your experiences wrt this subject and how you've heard slurs and either incorporated or disincporated them

i just took them as something that the character said, it has nothing to do with me, its not like I'm racist for watching a story with a racist character, i'm an adult and can determine the difference between reality and fiction

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

so from what I'm reading you have a kind of "colorblind" situation wrt these touchy subjects

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

sounds like you are weak of mind and character if a few racist characters in a story can actually affect your view of the world

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

It's good, OP

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Caesar Saladin posted:

sounds like you are weak of mind and character if a few racist characters in a story can actually affect your view of the world

They hosed the poo poo out of me. Is that O.K. with you? All kind of stupid these days ess em dee eight you stupid?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Tarentino turned into pure poo poo after Kill Bill so no I won't be doing that, op

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

Caesar Saladin posted:

remind me who amongst us is named after two actual historical individuals who committed mass murder and in the former case sold an entire population of Gauls into slavery with one stroke of a pen

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Big Beef City posted:

Tarentino turned into pure poo poo after Kill Bill so no I won't be doing that, op

I don't particularly like him but I actually find kill bill or especially kill bill 2 to be his weakest outing I enjoyed django and inglorious basterds more than either of those.

I haven't bothered to watch his last few maybe he sucks now but still bad line to draw

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

BasicLich posted:

remind me who amongst us is named after two actual historical individuals who committed mass murder and in the former case sold an entire population of Gauls into slavery with one stroke of a pen

some mod renamed me to this in a name change thread lmao

its a salad pun

ge tthe gently caress outta here

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

great big cardboard tube posted:

I enjoyed django and inglorious basterds

Disgusting

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

well alright I guess if i dont want to hear slurs i should probably leave...

just kidding, you eat my poo poo

unless you want to say some slurs, I'd have to bail then

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Quentin Tara–*charging into room* "THE N-WORD!!! THE N-WORD AND FEET! FOOT FETISH AND ALSO RACIAL SLURS!!!".

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Buddy you just defended Kill Bill

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
it's his weakest movie by a longshot, OP

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

great big cardboard tube posted:

Buddy you just defended Kill Bill

Go watch django again right now and during the climactic fight scene when loving DMX of all things starts playing tell me again how great of a film it is.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Trill Phil

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

A movie about will smith trying to take down his uncle, who he has just discovered is behind the sabotaging of his music career

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

BasicLich posted:

personally I would watch H8 more if I could find a cut that bleeped the slurs

I prefer not to inundate my brain with that kind of evil. I do not like bigotry or slurs I don't find myself given to this evil but rhetoric and repetition has its way of affecting the brain of a human, ignorant, bigoted or otherwise

Of course they use slurs, why do you think its called The Hateful 8?

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

Chrs posted:

Of course they use slurs, why do you think its called The Hateful 8?

Granted but that's not really my point

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

It was my least favourite Tarantino, but I didn't completely dislike it. I can imagine seeing the roadshow release would be a great experience.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight
Yeah I watched Quentin Tarantino suck his own dick for over 2 hours

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
yeah

it was ok i guess

once upon a time in hollywood was trash tho

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I'm surprised the final shot of Goggins and Jackson laughing at a hanging white woman hasn't gotten more use as a GIF, it's great.

Big Beef City posted:

Go watch django again right now and during the climactic fight scene when loving DMX of all things starts playing tell me again how great of a film it is.

It was Tupac.

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

baw posted:

yeah

it was ok i guess

once upon a time in hollywood was trash tho

I dunno how I feel about his "relitigating history" films like Inglorious Basterds and the aforementioned "once upon a time..."

Sure it was fun to watch the Bear Jew completely perforate Hitler or that cowboy actor flamethrower Squeeky Fromme but I'm not entirely sure that this indulgent rewriting of actual history is especially helpful in the long run

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
an alternate history where the hero brad pitt beats up bruce lee and kills his wife for nagging

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

Perhaps the theme of his whole career can be summed up by the word "indulgence", what with the fetishes, the slurs, his own appearances (where he says slurs)

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

kurt russell destroyed an antique guitar in a fit of acting

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

Tiberius Christ posted:

kurt russell destroyed an antique guitar in a fit of acting

Or did QT engineer that stunt by directing Russell without letting him know about the antique guitar? Or did he engineer it by telling Russell to destroy it and later claim it was an accident so insurance would cover it? The world may never know but QT has done some dishonest and weird stuff to get interesting responses out of his actors in the past

This isn't a new thing in the world of directing, Cecille B Demille, Werner Herzog, Stanley Kubrick among others have also been accused of doing some bad poo poo to get an emotional performance out of their cast.

(Then you get into the old era where they'd just kill people, horses etc with ill-advised major stunts)

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Why was H8 THREE HOURS LONG when for most of it they're sat in one loving room?

Sam Jackson did make that racist dude suck him off tho...

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I did watch it OP and I asked GBS years ago if I should watch it or stare at my balls for several hours and GBS said I should watch it, so I did

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

honestly i've never been a big fan of the pope

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
It’s been two pages and nobody’s pointed out that the whole movie is just basically John Carpenter’s The Thing but with cowboys.

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?

Big Beef City posted:

It was 2pac and James Brown

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Ibexaz posted:

It was 2pac and James Brown

Whatever.
It was awful

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
i liked it

tarantino films are usually fun

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Yeah op I saw it, it was a suck rear end movie, what of it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Also saw the 70mm version, and liked it better than the other modern ones. Not seen Hollywood though.