Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

no there won't be many coming home

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Nope

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

did you serve, did your family serve?

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

I had no idea it was based on a play so when I saw it in theaters I was like cool what happens when they get out of this cabin. This is definitely the first bit of the movie before they go and do cowboy stuff, right?... and was a little let down by the film not doing more than being snowed in. I rewatched it and liked it better the second time. I give it 3/5.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Yea

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Bitch.... I saw it.....

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Bitch.... I saw it.....

hell yea

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

It’s one of my favorite movies OP and I believe I’m alone on that

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

nuketulsa posted:

It’s one of my favorite movies OP and I believe I’m alone on that

very cool, I run mule trains through the rocky mountain trails so I hide in cabins similar to Minnie's this time of year

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

I don't say the N word though 😳

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
It's a good movie but I don't think his best. I liked it more than Django in everything except the concept

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

I liked it a lot. Apparently america Netflix has a 4 hour version that we don’t have in Canada? Is it worth seeking it out?

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
watched it three times

found it hard to care about

liked the idea of the poison and general subterfuge, but wasn't impressed with how it played out

dunno why I watched it three times

liked the song the lady sings

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
make my fukin day

PUNK

:blastu:

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

i saw it in the theatre like i do every tarantino movie op

as I get older I find the violence less and less enjoyable/palatable

I liked that h8 was smaller in scope than lots of other tarantinos. i think i’d give it 7 voter frauds out of 10

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/joshthesandwich/status/877129700619034624

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
You're supposed to hate the characters, and I did. They most likable character is predictably and cartoonishly killed. I wish they all died.

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
it is the shittiest tarantino movie by a longshot

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Lol at when they actually smash the 150 year old guitar because someone “accidentally” forgot to swap it out for the dummy one

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
nawi think im done watching his dvds

spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

I liked it well enough

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

Chrs posted:

Lol at when they actually smash the 150 year old guitar because someone “accidentally” forgot to swap it out for the dummy one

part of me wonders if that wasn't intentional considering the budget of the film, it was certainly insured, filming usually involves a lot of insurance and QT is just crazy enough to do something like that.

If it was really an accident, why didn't they reshoot it with the dummy guitar to get a reaction that was more suited to the action of the film, because what's in the release is very out of character for Daisy. Its like she felt more for that guitar than the death of her brother and I guess father of their incest child

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

the Roadshow version of Hateful 8 was awesome to see in IMAX. that's the only time i've seen it

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Pontificating rear end posted:

You're supposed to hate the characters, and I did. They most likable character is predictably and cartoonishly killed. I wish they all died.

They all did die though, right? The two remaining characters were both mortally wounded by the end.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

walton goggins owns

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
I like when Samuel L Jackson tells the old man about the good old time him and his son had.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Nigmaetcetera posted:

They all did die though, right? The two remaining characters were both mortally wounded by the end.

Oh I guess it wasn't quite clear good

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

AOCs Pink Pearl posted:

I like when Samuel L Jackson tells the old man about the good old time him and his son had.

username + post = yikes

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Django Unchained got away with it somehow, but you can really feel the lack of Sally Menke on this movie. Even allowing for that, for a movie that seems deliberately designed like a stageplay it kind-of sucks as a stageplay.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
Never heard of it op

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
it was ok but not a classic like the hateful three. honestly the series has been downhill since about hateful five.

supposedly instead of doing nine they're just rebooting the whole thing and going back to just "the hateful." i have mixed feelings, it's clear that they need to do something to shake up the series but on the other hand i doubt that tarantino can recapture the magic of the original.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

mind the walrus posted:

Django Unchained got away with it somehow, but you can really feel the lack of Sally Menke on this movie. Even allowing for that, for a movie that seems deliberately designed like a stageplay it kind-of sucks as a stageplay.

i had no idea about her being his long time editor, but immediately once someone told me her story, it was super clear the movie suffers from her loss

greasy lovely teeth Channing Tatum in the basement made me lol though

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

gently caress SNEEP posted:

the Roadshow version of Hateful 8 was awesome to see in IMAX. that's the only time i've seen it

For sure. The roadshow 70mm presentation was both gorgeous and much better paced than the theatrical. The intermission gave a very effective release after the tension of the Bruce Dern/SLJ standoff and gave the whole production a "bigger" feel, as well as making the "it's been about 15 minutes" voiceover make more sense.

I'm also a sucker for the visuals in this movie, and I'm still blown away that anyone was able to shoot in Ultra Panavison 70 this recently. That super wide frame really gave you the sense of isolation the film took place in and helped establish the cabin as bigger and more separated than it was. And major kudos to the production for finding, refurbing, and providing training for using old 70mm projectors for the roadshow version. That was a massive undertaking and directly helped re-establish large format projection all across the US.

The film itself is a bit overlong, but I'll be damned if I don't get drawn in every time I catch part of it. The atmosphere and the dialogue are wonderfully engrossing (to be expected for a stage play) even if the story beats falter in subsequent viewings. It's one of my favorite Tarantino movies, and that even surprises me.

As for the NetFlix version, don't bother. It's the roadshow version (minus the overture), but chopped into four segments with their own 10 minute credit sequences. Watch the theatrical version, then just watch the NetFlix version for the long take of "Jim Jones at Botany Bay" by Jennifer Jason Leigh.

Dr. Gojo Shioji fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Nov 13, 2020

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Yeah, but right now I'm watchin Mulan after smokin oit and drat this lady just turned into a bird or some poo poo wtf people can't do thT

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

poo poo, she hosed up bad, now shes never gonna find a man

Oh fuxk its Chao from the show Warrior

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

the worst tarantinos are death proof, then django, actually

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I like Hateful 8 way more than both Once Upon a time in Hollywood and and Django. Maybe its because I saw the extended version on 70mm film at a cool old theatre, but I loved how it looked and the general vibe of the whole thing. I also love those kinds of movies that take place in one location like Reservoir Dogs and 12 Angry Men. I dunno, I guess i rate that movie higher than most people do.

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

personally I would watch H8 more if I could find a cut that bleeped the slurs

I prefer not to inundate my brain with that kind of evil. I do not like bigotry or slurs I don't find myself given to this evil but rhetoric and repetition has its way of affecting the brain of a human, ignorant, bigoted or otherwise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

They hosed me in this movie. Despicable director. hosed me right in the film. Whole audience witnessed it. Disgusting what they're doing these days, just disgusting.