Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

no there won't be many coming home

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

did you serve, did your family serve?

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Bitch.... I saw it.....

hell yea

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

nuketulsa posted:

It’s one of my favorite movies OP and I believe I’m alone on that

very cool, I run mule trains through the rocky mountain trails so I hide in cabins similar to Minnie's this time of year

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

I don't say the N word though 😳

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

Chrs posted:

Lol at when they actually smash the 150 year old guitar because someone “accidentally” forgot to swap it out for the dummy one

part of me wonders if that wasn't intentional considering the budget of the film, it was certainly insured, filming usually involves a lot of insurance and QT is just crazy enough to do something like that.

If it was really an accident, why didn't they reshoot it with the dummy guitar to get a reaction that was more suited to the action of the film, because what's in the release is very out of character for Daisy. Its like she felt more for that guitar than the death of her brother and I guess father of their incest child

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

AOCs Pink Pearl posted:

I like when Samuel L Jackson tells the old man about the good old time him and his son had.

username + post = yikes

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

personally I would watch H8 more if I could find a cut that bleeped the slurs

I prefer not to inundate my brain with that kind of evil. I do not like bigotry or slurs I don't find myself given to this evil but rhetoric and repetition has its way of affecting the brain of a human, ignorant, bigoted or otherwise

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

Caesar Saladin posted:

the brain of a little baby

are you willing to speak more about this, your experiences wrt this subject and how you've heard slurs and either incorporated or disincporated them

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

so from what I'm reading you have a kind of "colorblind" situation wrt these touchy subjects

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

Caesar Saladin posted:

sounds like you are weak of mind and character if a few racist characters in a story can actually affect your view of the world

remind me who amongst us is named after two actual historical individuals who committed mass murder and in the former case sold an entire population of Gauls into slavery with one stroke of a pen

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

well alright I guess if i dont want to hear slurs i should probably leave...

just kidding, you eat my poo poo

unless you want to say some slurs, I'd have to bail then

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

Chrs posted:

Of course they use slurs, why do you think its called The Hateful 8?

Granted but that's not really my point

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

baw posted:

yeah

it was ok i guess

once upon a time in hollywood was trash tho

I dunno how I feel about his "relitigating history" films like Inglorious Basterds and the aforementioned "once upon a time..."

Sure it was fun to watch the Bear Jew completely perforate Hitler or that cowboy actor flamethrower Squeeky Fromme but I'm not entirely sure that this indulgent rewriting of actual history is especially helpful in the long run

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

Perhaps the theme of his whole career can be summed up by the word "indulgence", what with the fetishes, the slurs, his own appearances (where he says slurs)

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

Tiberius Christ posted:

kurt russell destroyed an antique guitar in a fit of acting

Or did QT engineer that stunt by directing Russell without letting him know about the antique guitar? Or did he engineer it by telling Russell to destroy it and later claim it was an accident so insurance would cover it? The world may never know but QT has done some dishonest and weird stuff to get interesting responses out of his actors in the past

This isn't a new thing in the world of directing, Cecille B Demille, Werner Herzog, Stanley Kubrick among others have also been accused of doing some bad poo poo to get an emotional performance out of their cast.

(Then you get into the old era where they'd just kill people, horses etc with ill-advised major stunts)

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

HOT BREAD! posted:

people like to remark on QT’s foot fetish because he has no shame and it’s goofy, but more concerning I think is when he tried to kill Uma Thurman with a car in KB2 because he also has a “killing women with cars” fetish (see: Death Proof)

a corollary to this is this scene in Kill Bill Vol 2 (timestamped):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWwGXIjxbnI&t=66s

and this scene in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39GTH8UlXK8

both women were blinded and flailed about screaming, its possible that QT has seen this in real life which is very unsettling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

...of SCIENCE! posted:

It's insanely disappointing that the people who grew up laughing at Christians trying to read satanic messaging in He-Man and Pokemon are doing even dumber reaches as adults.

sorry do we know one another?

e: because i've never met you, i don't know you, and I can't speak to your character, do you have any evidence by which you might to my character speak?

BasicLich fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Nov 17, 2020