Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I like Hateful 8 way more than both Once Upon a time in Hollywood and and Django. Maybe its because I saw the extended version on 70mm film at a cool old theatre, but I loved how it looked and the general vibe of the whole thing. I also love those kinds of movies that take place in one location like Reservoir Dogs and 12 Angry Men. I dunno, I guess i rate that movie higher than most people do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

BasicLich posted:

personally I would watch H8 more if I could find a cut that bleeped the slurs

I prefer not to inundate my brain with that kind of evil. I do not like bigotry or slurs I don't find myself given to this evil but rhetoric and repetition has its way of affecting the brain of a human, ignorant, bigoted or otherwise

i don't think that it does affect your brain

maybe if you have a weak brain, like the brain of a little baby

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

BasicLich posted:

are you willing to speak more about this, your experiences wrt this subject and how you've heard slurs and either incorporated or disincporated them

i just took them as something that the character said, it has nothing to do with me, its not like I'm racist for watching a story with a racist character, i'm an adult and can determine the difference between reality and fiction

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

sounds like you are weak of mind and character if a few racist characters in a story can actually affect your view of the world

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

BasicLich posted:

remind me who amongst us is named after two actual historical individuals who committed mass murder and in the former case sold an entire population of Gauls into slavery with one stroke of a pen

some mod renamed me to this in a name change thread lmao

its a salad pun

ge tthe gently caress outta here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

that scene in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood is funny, those people murdered a woman and cut her unborn child from her belly and its funny to see Brad Pitt beat the poo poo out of them while tripping on mushrooms