Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

well now all those friendship points in my teapot are useless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

I hate that map because it feels like it should be able to sync up to my account and automatically mark things as found. As it is, it doesn't seem to have any advantages over using a third-party map app.

I bought an adapter to let me hook my iPad up to the cheapo projector I have above my headboard. :3:

It actually looks a bit dogshit (because the projector is so cheap) but it's nice to know I have the option.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Lack of BP fates and primos lately is definitely going to gently caress me over on Yelan and her weapon. Have they said if her banner is going to be up longer than normal because of what's been going on or not?

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Nope, its same as they ever were, 2.7 is gonna be six weeks like usual- it seems that they just moved the entire schedule forward to accommodate

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Mix. posted:

Nope, its same as they ever were, 2.7 is gonna be six weeks like usual- it seems that they just moved the entire schedule forward to accommodate

Well that's a drag. I get not being able to put out a new banner and content with what's going on but surely it's not that big a deal to stick to the BP rotation. The compensation is super loving weak compared to that. It would be barely good with the BP. Lame-rear end.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

mid-patch maint to add in the new BP for the foreseeable future

kater
Nov 16, 2010

How would you have more rolls if Yelen was released on time?

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Also don't forget that there'll be a new big event coming with 2.7's launch :v: which means more primos just from doin that

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
I'm not sure I understand the problem: if 2.7 had launched on time, the Yelan banner would have come with it and the BP would have turned over as normal, so you're not getting screwed out of a banner that you would have otherwise had primos/fates to pull on. Any primogems you got from dailies or whatever during the delay are just bonus pulls on the Yelan banner.

In terms of total 5*s per year, yeah, it's a net loss, but it's a net loss for everyone, and that's not really the way I've heard most people here talk about 5* pulls.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Stare-Out posted:

Well that's a drag. I get not being able to put out a new banner and content with what's going on but surely it's not that big a deal to stick to the BP rotation. The compensation is super loving weak compared to that. It would be barely good with the BP. Lame-rear end.

The amount of compensation we got was literally what the BP awards would've been. A lot of people were mad about that one.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
So uhh is the little magic teapot fixed yet because I really need to build my house and garden. This game has ruined my brain

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
No. I now have enough points to float me through pretty much all future furniture purchases, so that's pretty cool.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I've been spending my bonus teapot bucks buying every animal from all my friends merchants and also collecting the radiance disk things or whatever they're called. I honestly don't know how much I plan to play around with the teapot due to the load limit; will probably just end up filling every zone with animals

still need to due a bunch of animal catching though

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Garrand posted:

I've been spending my bonus teapot bucks buying every animal from all my friends merchants and also collecting the radiance disk things or whatever they're called. I honestly don't know how much I plan to play around with the teapot due to the load limit; will probably just end up filling every zone with animals

still need to due a bunch of animal catching though

The music is always a great choice.

Kale
May 14, 2010

The Finn posted:

So uhh is the little magic teapot fixed yet because I really need to build my house and garden. This game has ruined my brain

Its been down for almost 2 months now. I have to hope its fixed with the 2.7 patch cause there's literally an event focusing around it where you can make spices and spice food and share it with your companions in the teapot to boost their friendship ratings but because you can't place anyone in the teapot right now its only whoever you may have had in it beforehand. My guess is also that they were doing some regular maintenance on it then the Shanghai Covid outbreak started and they somehow got locked out of being able to fix it.

SirKibbles posted:

The amount of compensation we got was literally what the BP awards would've been. A lot of people were mad about that one.

All the bad info out there just seems to have a lot of people complaining about the game again in English communities but yeah frankly its better than the BP awards as its straight primo gems you can convert to Intertwined fates.

Misinformation has gotten so bad around this game I found a video claiming revenue for the game is slumping with the Ayaka banner and its performing terribly in China when its literally the exact opposite and the new highest performing banner. Like the Ayaka banner alone did at least as well as Ayato/Venti in a comparative 20 day time frame so clearly it was the right call making her the solo. Video promo thing also probably helped in Asia. I dont think Ayakas banner was nearly as popular in the U.S as it was in staple gacha countries like China, Japan, Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Phillipines etc. Though.

I can definitely see Genshin starting to lose steam in North America now with how its struggling a bit to build a healthy community and the sheer amount of misinformation on it lately, but its cool to see some new faces in this thread at least.

Kale fucked around with this message at 16:23 on May 29, 2022

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Teapot maintenance has already been announced to finish with the launch of 2.7 in a few days. It's right there in the bulletin thing that nobody reads, despite the fact that the game gives you an ugly red dot on the menu until you read it.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
I don't exactly want Barbara and Noelle constellations but at least there's 10 constellations I could unlock on this banner.

Am I the only one that doesn't get Sucrose/Noelle/Barbara constantly? Took me a year to get sucrose. I haven't seen a single Noelle since the beginner's wish. I got Barbara's c1 using the wish I got from fully ascending her. :cool:

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I think the only 4 stars I don't have at C6 are Yunjin and the Inazuma characters

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

:neckbeard:

Now if only those kids in Liyue would play literally any other variation of their pirate game. :sigh:

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Everett False posted:

I hate that map because it feels like it should be able to sync up to my account and automatically mark things as found. As it is, it doesn't seem to have any advantages over using a third-party map app.

That'd be nice, but I can't really blame them for not doing that, it'd probably be an expensive mess to keep synced. The only reason I like it is because I have their stupid app on my tablet, and that's more convenient to have around than alt/tabbing or dragging my laptop over by the tv.

Sanctum posted:

I don't exactly want Barbara and Noelle constellations but at least there's 10 constellations I could unlock on this banner.

Am I the only one that doesn't get Sucrose/Noelle/Barbara constantly? Took me a year to get sucrose. I haven't seen a single Noelle since the beginner's wish. I got Barbara's c1 using the wish I got from fully ascending her. :cool:

One day I will have my c6 noelle. Only 7/22 of my 4*s are at C6, gacha's been vaguely kind at somewhat evenly giving me dudes.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Wow just stumbled upon a whole submerged area in Amakuno Peak with a multi stage puzzle to drain the water that started a chain of events that netted me

-100% completion on Serai
-100% on Tsurumi
-100% on the Raiden Statues
-100% Exploration Completion in all of Inazuma Proper
- 5 achievements including guiding 6 Seelie on Serai, getting a certain amount of treasure on Serai Island, a wonders of the world achievement for completing the whole puzzle, maxing the Raiden Shogun statues, and getting the last Shrine of Depths in Inazuma.
-A whole poo poo ton of treasure with various high level mats and what not
-Enough Amethyst Lump to make Ayaka Anemona Kageuchi
-About 300 primogems
-Enough for a 10 pull and to still be above 20K primogems stocked for 2.7, but it only netted me a Razor who I don't use so bleh

All over the course of a one hour session. Probably the most productive snowball session I've had in the game in months. Basically just have 5% in Starfell Valley, some bits and pieces of Liyue ranging from 3-7% in each area except Lisha which is 100%, and then a good chunk in Enkanomiya and the whole of the chasm and everything associated with it to explore. Also still have 4 hangouts undone, quests to do in Enkanomiya, some books still to get and plenty of achievements and what not so that will keep me busy for a while yet. Pretty soon I'll be down to just what I need a guide for though which I expect for the Starfell Valley and Liyue exploration bits. I'm still in awe of people that have done literally everything in this game as I've been playing for just over 14 months now a couple hours a day. Content patch in a day or so resets the clock on "current" again. It also gave me enough for another 10 pull

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

New Waifu Trailer just dropped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDpYYzMvnHI

It's actually a pretty loving rad trailer.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:
Loving the spy style music. Also she totally killed that one dude I don't think treasure hoarders are arrow proof.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

So, we apparently have a credible leak on one of the Dendro reactions from a bunch of stuff that got datamined with the pre-load for 2.7, specifically Dendro + Electro. From what the leaker (whose track record is pretty consistently on point from what i've seen people saying) posted, the name of the reaction is Intensify/Intensified, and if this is true/releases unchanged, it's the first non-transformative damage reaction; the way it works is 'When either dendro or electro trigger Intensified on a target, the other element (the one that didn't trigger it) gains a base damage buff against that target for the next 7 seconds'. A thing to note is that both directions can coexist simultaneously so both elements can be buffed in this manner. Furthermore, we have the supposed damage formula, which is as follows:

BaseDamageIncrease = LevelMultiplier x [1+(5 x EM)/(EM + 1200)]

A graph was also provided showing the Level Multiplier:

Some things to note:

-Because it's non-transformative, %bonus and crits will impact it as it's a flat base damage increase instead.
-This explains some of the weird quirks with recent character kits, like Kuki Shinobu caring about EM
-People've been speculating for a while now that Sumeru's "thing" is "EM Matters", and this would definitely contribute to that
-This could explain why Yae released in the state she did- this kind of buff/reaction is loving insane for her depending on what dendro characters/co-dps may end up looking like... God forbid we get a dendro equivalent to XQ. :stonk:

Figured I'd post it since people are treating it as legit and it might be an interesting discussion point while we wait for 2.7 :v:

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

YoshiOfYellow posted:

New Waifu Trailer just dropped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDpYYzMvnHI

It's actually a pretty loving rad trailer.

You didn't lie. Love the noir/Vegas style

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

people are reporting that Heizou's C2 has been changed in the beta- his burst now has an innate pull-in effect and the C2 simply makes the pull-in effect stronger and lengthens its duration :eng101:

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Everett False posted:

:neckbeard:

Now if only those kids in Liyue would play literally any other variation of their pirate game. :sigh:

just got a liyue pirate kid quest today i've never seen before so hope it pays off in an achievement down the road.

also that trailer was badass and i shall be pulling a yelan yes indeed.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Mix. posted:

So, we apparently have a credible leak on one of the Dendro reactions from a bunch of stuff that got datamined with the pre-load for 2.7, specifically Dendro + Electro. From what the leaker (whose track record is pretty consistently on point from what i've seen people saying) posted, the name of the reaction is Intensify/Intensified, and if this is true/releases unchanged, it's the first non-transformative damage reaction; the way it works is 'When either dendro or electro trigger Intensified on a target, the other element (the one that didn't trigger it) gains a base damage buff against that target for the next 7 seconds'. A thing to note is that both directions can coexist simultaneously so both elements can be buffed in this manner. Furthermore, we have the supposed damage formula, which is as follows:

Some things to note:

-Because it's non-transformative, %bonus and crits will impact it as it's a flat base damage increase instead.
-This explains some of the weird quirks with recent character kits, like Kuki Shinobu caring about EM
-People've been speculating for a while now that Sumeru's "thing" is "EM Matters", and this would definitely contribute to that
-This could explain why Yae released in the state she did- this kind of buff/reaction is loving insane for her depending on what dendro characters/co-dps may end up looking like... God forbid we get a dendro equivalent to XQ. :stonk:

Figured I'd post it since people are treating it as legit and it might be an interesting discussion point while we wait for 2.7 :v:

Wasn't the hydro reaction also making mushrooms that explode with more hydro? Seems like ayato would work well with that.

Lobsterpillar fucked around with this message at 08:31 on May 30, 2022

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Mix. posted:

Some things to note:

Wonder if they'll be updating artifact sets that mention reactions for Dendro. If so, some 4 piece sets will go from niche to ungodly.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Lobsterpillar posted:

Wasn't the hydro reaction also making mushrooms that explode with more hydro? Seems like ayato would work well with that.

One hypothesis I heard for this was a fast repeating hydro application so that this reaction pretty much replicates having Xingqiu in your party. Not sure what good this would do since most hydro applicators are pretty good at it.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Lazy_Liberal posted:

just got a liyue pirate kid quest today i've never seen before so hope it pays off in an achievement down the road.

I know, I feel like there's a glitch that hasn't been brought to Mihoyo's attention or something!

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

It shouldn't surprise me anymore but the speed at which people work with new reveals is terrifying sometimes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ansUtB0nqWY

Fun remix of Yelan's jazzy trailer theme.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Blackcliff Warbow is probably good for Yelan, right? Wondering if I should pick one up before the glitter shop cycles over.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Maxwell Adams posted:

Blackcliff Warbow is probably good for Yelan, right? Wondering if I should pick one up before the glitter shop cycles over.
I don't think it is good for her. She scales on HP, not Attack, so only the Crit Damage substat would do anything.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Honey Hunter says her ascention stat is crit rate, though.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I wasn't keeping up with Yelan leaks, but her trailer definitely made me want to pull.

So her E and Q don't scale on ATK at all? Gonna be weird to build her.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Maxwell Adams posted:

Honey Hunter says her ascention stat is crit rate, though.
Since the only part of the Blackcliff Warbow Yelan uses is the Crit Dmg (36.8%), you'd actually be better off with a 3* Sharpshooter's Oath (46.9%).

Pretty sure her best f2p option will turn out to be something else though.

gandlethorpe posted:

Yep. Occasionally even her charge attack switches to HP scaling.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

You'll still want some ATK if you want to use her normals/charged but yeah, HP is more important :v:

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Yelan doesn't care about ATK unless you just really wanna make her a normal attack spammer (which, given the animations I don't blame you crazy people).

Just on a cursory glance I feel like good bows for her will be:

Stringless - Hydro's got good reactions so EM won't go amiss and this also has an unconditional buff to Burst Damage which is gonna be her main output

Fading Twilight - The freebie event bow coming with the patch. Basically tailor-made for her since it gives her ER for her expensive burst and ramps up on a DMG bonus that works even if she's off field. It'll be finnicky to really maximize if you wanna line up the maximum DMG bonus with her Burst though.

Mouun's Moon - The ATK% substat is wasted but it's got a mostly unconditional boost to her Burst damage. I'd personally still take one of the above options over this though.

Elegy for the End - Not really a surprise that one of the best weapons in the game is good on basically anyone that can use it. EM is never wasted on a hydro character and although she doesn't care about the ATK buff herself it still benefits the rest of the party. ER Substat is good for her burst uptime too.

Aqua Simulacra - Obviously her signature weapon will be good for her. Crit DMG substat, free HP%, and an unconditional DMG boost that works off field.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

gandlethorpe posted:

I wasn't keeping up with Yelan leaks, but her trailer definitely made me want to pull.

Yes, 100% HP scaling on E and Q. Fav bow is great overall, stringless R5 is highest damage standard 4 star, slingshot is good if no stringless. Aqua simulacra is a homa-tier damage boost for her, moun moon R5 is technically highest damage 4 star.

The amount of ER she needs will change a lot depending on the comp you're running her in so you can have a lot of different gear for her if you're so inclined.

I'll personally be going favonious for comps where she's the only hydro and will probably level a slingshot for comps with xingqiu.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 23:53 on May 30, 2022