Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tyrelhill
Jul 30, 2006

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Waifu's age in realtime

yea then when they age past 12 years old they'll be too old for anime fans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

tyrelhill posted:

yea then when they age past 12 years old they'll be too old for anime fans

courtesy of the rules thread:

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

Tsyni posted:

Is there a calculator or chart somewhere that shows resin cost to get a char to 80/90, raise their talents too 6/6/6, or some iteration of that? Just wanted to see if there was something out there before I crunch the numbers myself. Trying to decide how feasible it is to continue to slowly build every char up to a baseline level and keep up with the release of new chars.

This might help? It doesn't break it all the way down to resin levels, but it gives all of the mora/exp/mats needed

https://twitter.com/MattjesticG/status/1330333196840407041?s=20

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Tsyni posted:

Is there a calculator or chart somewhere that shows resin cost to get a char to 80/90, raise their talents too 6/6/6, or some iteration of that? Just wanted to see if there was something out there before I crunch the numbers myself. Trying to decide how feasible it is to continue to slowly build every char up to a baseline level and keep up with the release of new chars.

https://genshin-center.com/planner - I use this website to track the materials and other stuff I need to raise talents, levels, ascensions, so on and so forth. You can even put in inventory items if you want to help check to see if you have enough stuff to convert into higher end materials/books/whatever.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004

I love you boy, One Pack, always.

Lipstick Apathy

Space Opera posted:

This might help? It doesn't break it all the way down to resin levels, but it gives all of the mora/exp/mats needed

https://twitter.com/MattjesticG/status/1330333196840407041?s=20

Thanks

Danann posted:

https://genshin-center.com/planner - I use this website to track the materials and other stuff I need to raise talents, levels, ascensions, so on and so forth. You can even put in inventory items if you want to help check to see if you have enough stuff to convert into higher end materials/books/whatever.

I actually use this already and it's great, but you just made me realize I could just plug in everyone (even those I am not currently working on) and set them where I want them and then math it out that way. Thanks

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I complained enough about not getting Sucrose that she showed up in the same 10-pull as Fischl's C1

Danann posted:

Oh drat I didn't know about this, this is a pretty useful tool. I'm getting to the point where grinding for ascension materials is just a thing I do regularly now so this is very helpful.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Tsyni posted:

This is what Iíve been doing since late February. I finished leveling in about two months and now Iím on the talent book grind. Itís not that bad at all tbh. Need about another 670 blue books and thatís like a month and a half. Perfectly lined up with new patch.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Yogg-Saron fan #1

Tbf you did 70/80 and not 80/90. 80/90 is brutal to do for all your characters and I recommend making that a year project not a few months' project.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Somehow the resin system makes the grind feel a little more bearable, in that it sorta forces me to do it little by little instead of just sitting down and grinding for hours on end. It helps that it's not a traditional stamina system and there are still things you can go do even if you're out of resin for the day so if I do want to keep playing I can do side quests or something.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

Every slur offends someone and people will just rebrand other words to slurs / potentially offensive meanings (see also: gay, trap) which will then get banned, eventually at some point the language will run out of words.

at some point the language will run out of words.

My next goal is triple crowning Eula (because unlike Ganyu she profits from all talents) and oh gods, the money needed. The talent books. The mats from Azhdaha... guh.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

I still have no idea why I keep doing Azhdaha every week. By the time I get a new character I want to grind up it'll be mats from some Inazuma boss. These things will forever pollute my inventory.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

well, it seems like 1.7 is keeping Azdaha as the weekly mat boss for the new characters. so unless you're not even touching Sayu there's somewhere you can spend solvents and mats.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Oh gosh yeah 80/90 is basically an order of magnitude higher than 70/80. Though I guess done means done. I feel that tho, level 70 is just not a good stop for like making an entire party out of. I guess I was mostly thinking about getting the dumb wish reward and not Ďletís lead the cryo domain with yanfei!í

Still feels so much more rewarding than doing artifact domains, even if itís like okay Iíve saved resin for two days now Iíve got level six normals for mona.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

My next goal is triple crowning Eula (because unlike Ganyu she profits from all talents) and oh gods, the money needed. The talent books. The mats from Azhdaha... guh.

I haven't gotten a single Eula talent mat from Azhdaha OR Dream Solvent from any boss in two weeks.

I had enough saved up to get her to 8/8/8 but dangit I want to start crowning stuff!

Ultima66
Sep 1, 2008

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

Eh her E is fairly small. I'll probably end up doing like 10/7/10 or 10/8/10.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

30 resin for all those artifacts and element rocks has to be a good payout, and then youíve got friendship xp and solvent and billets and battle pass points.

Also azdaha rules The only bad trounce boss is stormterror.

Ultima66
Sep 1, 2008

kater posted:

30 resin for all those artifacts and element rocks has to be a good payout, and then youíve got friendship xp and solvent and billets and battle pass points.

Also azdaha rules The only bad trounce boss is stormterror.

Non-Ganyu haver spotted.

I joke but it's really ridiculous how Ganyu breaks the shield the first time it lands and then kills it before it ever gets up from the stun. Don't need any resonance/support abilities either, and you never have to deal with the awful glitchiness of climbing up to the crystal.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i won't pass Ganyu up a second time but she better have a halfway decent outfit by then

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Tsyni posted:

https://paimon.moe/calculator/

gives you the exp books/mat/mora/talent books, but you'll have to convert that to resin spent yourself

(and boss mats are random so)

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Ganyu doesnít make the fight better she makes it non-existant. The other bosses are actually fun.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Ultima66 posted:

Non-Ganyu haver spotted.

I joke but it's really ridiculous how Ganyu breaks the shield the first time it lands and then kills it before it ever gets up from the stun. Don't need any resonance/support abilities either, and you never have to deal with the awful glitchiness of climbing up to the crystal.

Anyone can do this with a physical damage C1 Fischl. In fact, big rock dragon tree is the first weekly boss that isn't a joke against a carry Fischl.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

after seeing Yoimiya's combo animations i really wonder what the gently caress every other archer is doing with their time. need to step it up if you wanna stay as carries, guys. we're looking for style here, not multipliers

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.

Pillbug

jumpy dump motherf*ckers

closing in on Maximum Klee . . .

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Requiring the Juvenile Jade thingie from the Primo boss is a dick move. You don't get the crystals you need for the ascension materials you require.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Requiring the Juvenile Jade thingie from the Primo boss is a dick move. You don't get the crystals you need for the ascension materials you require.

fortunately, we can convert the crystals we need from other elements now, though we only ever get those mats from events and from the starglitter shop...

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

Great!

Shooting for C2 Klee I was mad because I rolled Diluc on my pity.

Got her 5 rolls later.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Rolled my first tenner on the event banner and got a bunch of fodder, with my 4* being a catalyst called Sacrifice something or other. It seemed fine I guess, but didn't really pop out as "for" anyone that I have.

Then went over to the standard banner to roll the 10 fate that had accumulated over there, it's fodder fodder fodder, unsurprising, then BOOM Sucrose outta nowhere. I look at her talents and instantly realize the catalyst is for her. I listen to her voice lines and she is also extremely precious and probably as gently caress. Hell yeah, good poo poo, we love to see it, etc. Time to reap the whirlwind.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

SlimGoodbody posted:

Rolled my first tenner on the event banner and got a bunch of fodder, with my 4* being a catalyst called Sacrifice something or other. It seemed fine I guess, but didn't really pop out as "for" anyone that I have.

Then went over to the standard banner to roll the 10 fate that had accumulated over there, it's fodder fodder fodder, unsurprising, then BOOM Sucrose outta nowhere. I look at her talents and instantly realize the catalyst is for her. I listen to her voice lines and she is also extremely precious and probably as gently caress. Hell yeah, good poo poo, we love to see it, etc. Time to reap the whirlwind.

If you can keep rolling the event banner until it's gone, Sucrose is on it and her C1 is great, especially with Sacrificial Fragments.

Also she teams well with Fischl, who is also on the event banner, if you want to play her as a DPS, and she used to be a fan of the Fischl books when she was younger so that's a thing.
(And also she is the best)

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

SlimGoodbody posted:

Sacrificial Fragments is great for Sucrose, it turns her into a swirl machine/particle battery if you can get her C1.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Well gently caress, my computer died. How does the game perform on old and lame laptops? I would assume better than most, considering it works well enough on phones?

Zwiebel
Feb 18, 2011

Hi!

I play on a 10+year old PC (that was never all that powerful to begin with) and the game works fine. I get some small hitches in the serenitea pot, but aside from that it works well with graphics turned down. It doesn't even seem to have the loading time problems that the PS4 version seems to have (I remember PS4 people having a rough time of it when they did the delivery missions that required you to teleport while the timer kept ticking down).

It'll probably depend a lot on your graphics card, but you could also just try emulating the phone version through a mobile phone emulator if your old laptop struggles with the full PC client.

Zwiebel fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Jun 11, 2021

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Well these islands sure do have a fair amount of exploration content. And because, as it turns out, some of them are outright upside down ruins they're pretty interesting puzzles. And nontrivial to navigate around even with Venti.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Zwiebel posted:

I play on a 10+year old PC (that was never all that powerful to begin with) and the game works fine. I get some small hitches in the serenitea pot, but aside from that it works well with graphics turned down. It doesn't even seem to have the loading time problems that the PS4 version seems to have (I remember PS4 people having a rough time of it when they did the delivery missions that required you to teleport while the timer kept ticking down).

It'll probably depend a lot on your graphics card, but you could also just try emulating the phone version through a mobile phone emulator if your old laptop struggles with the full PC client.

Official minimum specs want an i5 or equivalent and a GT 1030 or higher with 8gb of ram

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

kater posted:

Itís always inclusive counting or whatever itís called where thereís not two days remaining so it displays one day.

The easier way to think about it is that the timer does t round, it just truncates. "1 day" can mean "1 day and one minute" or "1 day and 23 hours"

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I saw a hole in an island and I looked into it and it there was a hugiechurl inside a tiny cave guarding a chest and then also I saw a vine in that cave and climbed it FOR ANOTHER CHEST. Chest magic is back baby!

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

not all who wander are lost

Running around and finding chests is a lot of fun, new puzzles too! It's a crime this thing is timed.

Anyone know what the new water flowers are for yet?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i find it hard to believe there are chests on these islands with more than a few thousand mora inside

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I mean 80 normal chests is one debate club.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

first stage of the event most of the chests had mora, second it's been mostly normal chests

the 100k mora chests were nice tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

valuum posted:

Well gently caress, my computer died. How does the game perform on old and lame laptops? I would assume better than most, considering it works well enough on phones?

Oh hey, it's me from late 2020. Hope you manage to find hardware!

I ran this on a mid-range "gaming laptop" from 2013 for months before I managed to get a real machine back. It required turning all the details to minimum and running in 720p but it was doable.